Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^^Damn...that pic...now i will try my luck on these on the 30th.Dont have any purple shoes either. Those look amazing

^QFT.

actually wore my shoes, as in walked in them on some concrete and what not, and these were the results.

Damn that sucks I wore mine once I'll have 2 look and c if they are messed up

I don't expect to get a high quality shoe for under $100 so the cracking/chipping is part of the game.  Look at all the fools who drop $160-200(retail) for Jordans that do the same thing.

I personally expect quality out of anything I purchase regardless of price.

Hell, roshes and solarsofts are 70 and 65 and they hold up unbelievably well over time.  

These elite 999 are a beautiful colorway, but if they crack on the first day i'd be kind of cheesed even if i paid $20. Hence why I wouldn't buy them in the first place.

The only people who can't complain are the ones that know about the quality issues and then still buy the shoes and wonder why the paint chipped off after trying it on for their "instagram on foot standing on carpet before i put them back in the box til i forget i owned them" pic.

The whole comparing it to JB quality doesn't even need to be stated, you and I both know fools gonna do what they do.
Sorry jelly, but this is just ignorance. The MSRP on these is what, $130 or so? Most of us on here got them around $100 or less. That's an investment and should be money well-spent. Can't just be throwing money out the window for a less-than "elite" product. To call these "elite" is blasphemy. This is not what we've all come to expect from New Balance, but it is what I'd expect from a non-US made NB shoe. Clearly the quality control on these was subpar and they did not do their due diligence.

New Balance dropped the ball on these. Every company makes mistakes and trip-ups. But for a widely available shoe like these, where most people dropped at least a bill or two (those who doubled and even tripled up), this is a disappointment and failure.

I love this model, the colorblocking, the materials, the silhouette... but I can't even rock these honestly. Seeing multiple pictures of that midsole cracking got me shook. Staying in the box until New Balance addresses this issue.

ahh man that pic above :smh: I haven't worn my pair yet...god dang it...i guess im back to the paint cracking crew..

I wore my pair this past week. I didn't really bother looking at how they held up. I'll have to check when i get back home

After seeing those pics, I will pass on those. Not worth my time and money if that's what I can expect. :smh:

Was gonna cop the blue elites, mostly to lace swap w reds. All this talk of chipping I plupped down an extra few bucks and went w blue county fairs. Still want those blue elite laces though, do they sell them anywhere?

Just saw this at JCrew.com. 1400 mesh, what do you guys think about it?  Knowing JCrew makes the colors of their shoes more subdued than the actual ones I may have to see this in person first.

So, I've been looking online to try and find a cheap pair of 993's for running and just in general gym sneakers. Can anyone comment on their quality/performance as running shoes? Also, all of the nb's I've purchased so far are D-width, which I never payed any attention to until I saw that these come in a wide variety of shoe widths. So, should I stick to the usual width or is there some difference with this model? I'd appreciate the help guys.

Anyone mess with yoox.com? They have a couple of interesting NB worth checking out, especially if you're between a 10 and a 12...

Back
Top Bottom