Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I wish I could find the country fair in size 13. The Union Jack on the heel is super cool.

Some buttery pics:

So I placed an order at joes for a pair of 1300 and 996. I know they're factory seconds but I wasn't satisfied at all.

Both have minor quality issues that I can deal with but the huge issues on each is really make me want to return these :/ 
Joe's Outlet should pay return shipping too. Those 996's are completely unacceptable.

Wow, thats pretty cool. I like the hoody
thanks.  Stunna does the design and get em made.  we're gonna go ape with designs based on collabs(west nyc's, tassies, seals, mojitos, etc.).  it's gonna get crazy.  don't forget to submit an application on Monday the first.  We decided to start taking apps each month.  it's an easy process so why not do it?

Hey Jelly! Any chance on the amount of people you'll be taking for the team? I missed out on the first round and even though my collection is small, I'd like to be apart of it.  Thanks, lmk here or on fb since we now can talk there as well haha.  

On another note, good luck to everyone on the tassie release this weekend, hopefully since today's my birthday my connect will come through with a nice present :smile:!!

Hey Jelly! Any chance on the amount of people you'll be taking for the team? I missed out on the first round and even though my collection is small, I'd like to be apart of it.  Thanks, lmk here or on fb since we now can talk there as well haha.  

On another note, good luck to everyone on the tassie release this weekend, hopefully since today's my birthday my connect will come through with a nice present :smile:!!
We're gonna take up to 3 people a month and certain people are shoe ins without apps(like woody, dj mars, etc.).  Your collection size doesn't really matter.  We are searching for people that will be an asset to the group.  You must contribute here and on there.  If you get denied then keep trying because we will recognize it.

I got accepted and I've only been on here since October.  Follow all the application rules and write out a thoughtful paragraph... not something that's slopped together on a whim.  The process is to weed out lurkers and resellers

To all resellers,   TM NB has are eye on you and you will be denied if you decide to apply

ps. sorry if any of this sounds elitist. 

Last edited:
Thanks.  I couldn't have done it without Stunna's help.
thank you sir 
pimp.gif

You dudes are feelin' yourselves a little bit too much right now. 3 people a month? And that isn't elitist? :lol:

Keep doing your thing, but I'd be lying if I said that this whole team thing hasn't turned somewhat corny. Like what are dudes applying for? The ability to share information, wear matching gear and get likes on IG?

What ever happened to just loving sneakers? Thangs done changed.....

You dudes are feelin' yourselves a little bit too much right now. 3 people a month? And that isn't elitist?
laugh.gif

Keep doing your thing, but I'd be lying if I said that this whole team thing hasn't turned somewhat corny. Like what are dudes applying for? The ability to share information, wear matching gear and get likes on IG?

What ever happened to just loving sneakers? Thangs done changed...
cool bruh.  Apply if you'd like... it's no skin off my back.

Last edited:
3 people a month? Sorry if this sounds elitist? What happened in here?
mean.gif
Anymore and the group will get out of hand in a quickness.  It's already really difficult to stay on top of things over there.  The 3 a month amount was voted on.  there are exceptions to the rules....

Last edited:
You dudes are feelin' yourselves a little bit too much right now. 3 people a month? And that isn't elitist? :lol:

What ever happened to just loving sneakers? Thangs done changed...
cool bruh.  Apply if you'd like... it's no skin off my back.

No interest, sir. No need for a subculture within a subculture, IMO. That's what NT is for, or at least what it was once for.

Btw, has Team NB considered creating a thread in Showcase like the other NT teams? Some of the stuff posted here might be more appropriate for that type of thread, since the majority of posters in this thread aren't Team NB.

This thread was so much better when it was barely 100 pages and it would only increase by 5 posts a day, displaying release info, future releases, pictures, etc.

Now I leave for a week and there's 50+ pages... lol I guess NB is gaining popularity here on NT. Not hating, do your thing guys... by the time any link or info is posted here, the shoes will be gone anyways.

This thread was so much better when it was barely 100 pages and it would only increase by 5 posts a day, displaying release info, future releases, pictures, etc.

Now I leave for a week and there's 50+ pages... lol I guess NB is gaining popularity here on NT. Not hating, do your thing guys... by the time any link or info is posted here, the shoes will be gone anyways.
I like the way it is now. There's some conflicting issues every here and now, but it's still a great thread.

its not a big deal, its a group who cares, if you dont wanna be included in the group then keep doing you, that simple.

theres no we're cooler than you ******** going on here..just keep posting NBs 

Question: when do people think that the 1500 model went bad, I think the asian made version has been off for a while now but even heard people complain about the collette 1500 from years back (the red pair). Interested to see input from people who own the hanon 1500 too and see what they think. My biggest gripe is that my black pigeons are really uncomfortable and idk if I should've sized up or the shape is what ruins it, kinda bummed if pairs will eventually follow the same route

Who's trying for the devils tomorrow? (or whatever time theyre releasing over there). I've already stated I don't want a pair, but I'm down to give it a go and try to lock one down for some of yall. Anybody got a list of what times the drops are going down (I know of a couple)
nerd.gif
check PM.

^^ I see both sides of it- and I'm cool with most of the members (lots of good dudes). Yall should get a thread going in the Showcase as well, I think that's a cool idea (i'll post mine in there too if yall are cool with it)
Who's trying for the devils tomorrow? (or whatever time theyre releasing over there). I've already stated I don't want a pair, but I'm down to give it a go and try to lock one down for some of yall. Anybody got a list of what times the drops are going down (I know of a couple)
nerd.gif
I'm cool with the showcase and people posting on it, I do believe we should have rules as far as the picture goes (quality, clarity, variation, etc)

Size? already has people posting up on locations for tomorrows release, the tmnb fb page has a list of places and a couple of places on the DL but like it has been stated, these are difficult to get.

Truthfully, I would've liked to seen a non mesh material on the toe, the toebox should've been all black suede IMO

It's still fairly quiet here compared to a ton of other threads. It's always just a very hyped up release that causes increases in traffic and posts here and other threads.

If any of you don't want to be a part of team NB, that's your prerogative. This thread is still very much the meat and potatoes of the new balance love on niketalk, don't get it twisted. We created the "team" to feel more like a community to keep resellers out. Releases like tassies and fingercroxx caused a lot of issues and now we see pairs going for $200-300 above retail all over the place. Granted, resellers will resell no matter the circumstances. Sorry if you feel excluded or that "thangs done changed". Times change, people are more thirsty for information, and you never know who is a reseller and who is not on here. Take a look at the Roshe thread. My god.

Question: when do people think that the 1500 model went bad, I think the asian made version has been off for a while now but even heard people complain about the collette 1500 from years back (the red pair). Interested to see input from people who own the hanon 1500 too and see what they think. My biggest gripe is that my black pigeons are really uncomfortable and idk if I should've sized up or the shape is what ruins it, kinda bummed if pairs will eventually follow the same route
I only started getting 1500s last year. Started with NiceKicks grey/red pair and thought they were awesome.  Then I got the 2 Crooked Tongues (Made In England) collabs and I thought they were great, I instantly realized why everyone was complaining about the shape of the NiceKicks.  Then I got the Hanon CHF and I was convinced that the Crooked tongues shape was not a proper representation of a good 1500 shape either.  The Hanons are absolutely perfect. It seems like NB is back on track with made in England 1500s since the Hanons.

I never truly understood why dudes would complain so much about shape until i had a few different 1500 in front of me.  Even the difference between the CT and Hanon was a shocker considering they are both made in England.

Even the sizing was all off and they all fit similar and comfy

Nicekicks = sz 11

CT = sz 11.5 (my usual nb USA size)

Hanon = sz 12 (my true size for everything else)

Not sure if i answered your question, but i figured i`d share.

Back
Top Bottom