Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

70 deg winter here in SoCal

IMG_7715.jpeg

The Salehe 1906s aren’t even making much of an impact on social media. Don’t get me wrong, resale is marked way up a couple weeks after dropping but this isn’t setting off any alarms and quite frankly I don’t think the AB’s go any harder. The sole swap on the v6s is going to be WAY bigger than his peach lady jawns.

I also happen to think we haven’t seen much of anything on the collab side. There will be plenty of stuff we haven’t even heard about that comes to light between now and April.
The salehes definitely were making a buzz from all influencers, before they released, but since there were only 1000 pairs made, many werent lucky enough to get them. A lot of the big collabs leak at least 7 to 8 months before they are released so if we don’t hear about anything before May, we probably won’t see anything till next year. Joe fresh goods is not doing too good and amine isnt all that great either… off-white is basically on hold, and Travis Scott done also.

The salehes definitely were making a buzz from all influencers, before they released, but since there were only 1000 pairs made, many werent lucky enough to get them. A lot of the big collabs leak at least 7 to 8 months before they are released so if we don’t hear about anything before May, we probably won’t see anything till next year. Joe fresh goods is not doing too good and amine isnt all that great either… off-white is basically on hold, and Travis Scott done also.
This post is straight WILD

Dude sounds like Runners781 (I think that’s how it was spelled). Dude was notorious for wild post and negativity, wouldn’t engage.
It’s January and he’s talking about if we don’t see anything by MAY. Some 1906s are the shoe of the year cause 2/3 of collabs haven’t even seen the light of day yet?

I certainly don’t recall carharts, stone islands, MSG v6s being shown off last Jan or Feb. Whole post was nonsense

It’s January and he’s talking about if we don’t see anything by MAY. Some 1906s are the shoe of the year cause 2/3 of collabs haven’t even seen the light of day yet?

I certainly don’t recall carharts, stone islands, MSG v6s being shown off last Jan or Feb. Whole post was nonsense
I am talking sneakers of the year across all brands..i dont consider the carhartts, msg in contention at all.

I am talking sneakers of the year across all brands..i dont consider the carhartts, msg in contention at all.
You’re talking about sneaker of the year in January as if we’ve seen everything. Respectfully I think your take is way off base. Even those complex weirdos with their lists wouldn’t be saying anything this off base in January

You’re talking about sneaker of the year in January as if we’ve seen everything. Respectfully I think your take is way off base. Even those complex weirdos with their lists wouldn’t be saying anything this off base in January
Why? It’s a great shoe..when the Jordan 3 reimagined came out in March people were already putting it on their list. I like the guys from complex but didn’t really agree with their list but if you want to use their list as a guide… The baklava was the only new balance on that list.. thats saying something because it transcended to a whole new level. That shoe was probably a lot of peoples first new balance. Everything else on that list was Jordan and Nike besides that one J tips. Not trying to argue with you brother or make you upset all I know is when I saw that lava pair in June it got me excited about a sneaker release….and I haven’t felt that in years.. which is why I’ll go out on a limb and say even though it’s January that’s a top sneaker for me this year.

Why? It’s a great shoe..when the Jordan 3 reimagined came out in March people were already putting it on their list. I like the guys from complex but didn’t really agree with their list but if you want to use their list as a guide… The baklava was the only new balance on that list.. thats saying something because it transcended to a whole new level. That shoe was probably a lot of peoples first new balance. Everything else on that list was Jordan and Nike besides that one J tips. Not trying to argue with you brother or make you upset all I know is when I saw that lava pair in June it got me excited about a sneaker release. and I haven’t felt that in years
I’m not telling you how to feel about a shoe you were hyped for half a year. But the response around here was largely “spiderman…whatever”. Of course one of the best shoes ever with the best shape in 3 decades was already being discussed as a contender in March! That’s not a good example at all.

I wasn’t even talking about that though. You’re literally saying we’ve seen most of the collabs for the entire year. We ain’t seen much of anything as far as collabs or LEs from ANY brand.

I’m not telling you how to feel about a shoe you were hyped for half a year. But the response around here was largely “spiderman…whatever”. Of course one of the best shoes ever with the best shape in 3 decades was already being discussed as a contender in March! That’s not a good example at all.

I wasn’t even talking about that though. You’re literally saying we’ve seen most of the collabs for the entire year. We ain’t seen much of anything as far as collabs or LEs from ANY brand.
if you can consider a shoe that releases in March a contender you can do the same for a shoe that came out two months earlier in January…idc how much history it has. The baklava came out a week after the Jordan 3 reimagined and people already had that one contending as well. If another shoe comes out in July and ends up knocking it off the list then that’s just how the cookie crumbles.

if you can consider a shoe that releases in March a contender you can do the same for a shoe that came out two months earlier in January…idc how much history it has. The baklava came out a week after the Jordan 3 reimagined and people already had that one contending as well. If another shoe comes out in July and ends up knocking it off the list then that’s just how the cookie crumbles.
That’s completely different from what I originally commented on.

That’s completely different from what I originally commented on.
You just keep saying my post is wild and that we haven’t seen the rest of the Collabs yet when sometimes it really doesn’t matter.. shoes from the first three months of last year ended up being shoes of the year. Really not that wild

Yup. I jus give it time who knows what NB or other brands beside Jordan Brand cookin.

Idk bout no NB as SOTY as of this early in da year......but da Futura SB's are already a candidate. And just wait till Palace does their thing with some 1906's...chefs kiss (no idk what I'm talking about regarding Palace but I just know it's gonna be flames regardless)

Back
Top Bottom