Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Opinions are going to be split because they're two very different models and colorways but I'd personally go with the Mints.

No thoughts on those Kennedy samples I posted on the last page?

I would do that trade if I'm getting the west nyc. I think I personally can wear the west nyc colorway more than the mints. Just my 2cents

Opinions are going to be split because they're two very different models and colorways but I'd personally go with the Mints.

No thoughts on those Kennedy samples I posted on the last page?

My thought on the Kennedy sample, is I'm glad they released the version they did.

Those samples are not too appealing.

Thanks for the pic though.

^ Pretty much.  Not too keen on the way those samples look.  

It is cool to see what they considered though.  I'd imagine the process of finalizing a design isn't as easy as it seems.  Hell, I languish over Nike iD designs for days sometimes.  
laugh.gif

If I'm trading West 580s then its a no go, if someone is trading me 580s for Mints, then I'm doing that all day and twice on Sunday. I love my West NYC 580s.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on the following trade. West NYC 580s for a pair of concepts mints. Both ds. I'd be getting the mints. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't do that at all. Wests are hard to find nowadays, Mints are everywhere. Just save up and grab the mints. There's pairs on Ebay for around $350 shipped, which is great because they retailed for $220. 

You're going to have a harder time finding the Wests again then you will Mints.

Closer Look: Concepts x New Balance 998 - "C-Note"

Thanks for the video. I've been waiting for you to review C-Notes. I'm glad I passed on them. If I don't like the shoes after watching your video, it means I genuinely didn't like them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GTFan712  

Closer Look: Concepts x New Balance 998 - "C-Note"

Thanks for the video. I've been waiting for you to review C-Notes. I'm glad I passed on them. If I don't like the shoes after watching your video, it means I genuinely didn't like them.

I initially passed on them,  but all the pics i saw of them made me change my mind. I'm glad I did and  was able to obtain a pair for retail. crazy happy with them... 'preciate the video GTFan712!

Good day all!.

c-notes came in today...wont post any pictures, theres been enough!

quality is a+ and the fit is like any other us-made 998, maybe a tiny bit smaller, but nothing to go a half size up! my 11.5 fits like a glove, broke em out today...

took just 2 working days from the uk to germany with free shipping from crooked tongues...great service!

Not sure if you guys noticed, but the reason the C-Notes may fit a bit more snug than the Mints or other 998s is the 990 Re-Issue insole. Slightly thicker, slightly more cushioned, and after a few wears it will slightly mold to your foot.

Not sure if you guys noticed, but the reason the C-Notes may fit a bit more snug than the Mints or other 998s is the 990 Re-Issue insole. Slightly thicker, slightly more cushioned, and after a few wears it will slightly mold to your foot.
Didnt even think about that....so they should loosen up over time..in theory

2009 Sneaker Freaker x New Balance 850 "Skippy the Kangaroo"

1) Real kangaroo leather on the toes: illegal in USA. Feels like puppy's belly.
2) Lightweight Performance: surprisingly lighter than most 800-900 models.
3) Nike Roshe-like feel/comfort on feet.
4) Memory foam padding around the collar.
5) Additional padding on the tongue.

rRTriOf.jpg

BW4A3Xg.jpg

gQwrQhC.jpg

CAf2d6D.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: alp

So I wore my c-notes a few times and there is slight indigo stains on the tounge. Can anyone give me any tips on removing that? I have Jason markk btw but I thought there might be something good for those type of stains

Back
Top Bottom