Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I don't own a pair of 1300 and a guy is trying to sell me his salmon soles for a decent price.  Is it true that they typically run a half size big?

To me they run true to size. Granted, I don't like my foot to be super duper snug like some people.

I went half size down from what I normally order with Nike, from a 8.5 to a 8, and mine fit great. 

I don't own a pair of 1300 and a guy is trying to sell me his salmon soles for a decent price.  Is it true that they typically run a half size big?
i've had to size down on 1300s. i wear a 9 in 996s, 998s, 999s, and 1500s, but i need a 8.5 in 1300s.  

Last edited:
I have 2 pair of 1300s now. I normally wear a 12 in most nikes. I have an 11.5 in one and 12 in another and they both fit me well. Perfect glove fit in 11.5 and slight space but nothing that will cause intense creasing in the 12.

^ Exactly. My 1300 are size 8 and they are like a glove, which is how I like my shoes; form fitting and less pron to creasing. Takes my foot a while to get used to the tighter fit the first couple of wears but after that, it's perfect. 

Last edited:
Dude the cheesy pleather tongue on the salmon toes puts these well below the quality of the hanons. The hanon 1500 suede, mesh, nubuck, whatever is on it is top notch. I cant believe people can even say they arent impresses after all the garbage jb nike put out. But if its not quality you want, cw is to each his own. I have some norse 670 and do think the fieg 1300 is kind of similar. But with the crappy tongue and hype, i sold my salmon toes and have three pairs of hanons. And personally im way fpr excited for the hunter green 998 i just ordered than for the kith 1300. I just love me some 998.

Ahhh yea forgot about the tongue on those salmon soles haha they are pretty cheesy .... i am comparing NB to NB not NB to JB/Nike ... thats just a ridiculous comparison ... the hanons are way beyond anything that nike or JB has put out quality wise in years ... but some of the NB made in the usa GRs are better quality than the hannons but, i am just nit-picking ... the evergreen 998s look awesome i will probably be ordering those ...

TTS

Thanks again for all the help fellas.  I'm new around here and I find the Niketalk forums to be a bit more mature and informative than other nike forums.

Damn. They just jumped the pricing on the Seals from $150 to $175. Still gunning for them. How do 999s fit? TTS? 0.5 size big?

I wear 8.5 in all Nikes but I bought a 8 in the SEALS on release day, and they fit fine. They aren't tight at all, even with thicker socks. I personally don't have any New Balances in size 8.5 but I do own two 999s, 1300, 580, 998 all in size 8, and they fit great.

So I can't really say if they run half size big because I've never tried a New Balance size 8.5 on. I can only give you my personally experiences with them compared to Nike/Jordan. If you need any other size comparisons, just let me know. I have a few of each brand to compare sizing to.

Last edited:
I wear 8.5 in all Nikes but I bought a 8 in the SEALS on release day, and they fit fine. They aren't tight at all, even with thicker socks. I personally don't have any New Balances in size 8.5 but I do own two 999s, 1300, 580, 998 all in size 8, and they fit great.

So I can't really say if they run half size big because I've never tried a New Balance size 8.5 on. I can only give you my personally experiences with them compared to Nike/Jordan. If you need any other size comparisons, just let me know. I have a few of each brand to compare sizing to.
I'm an 8.5 as well. I copped the Salmon Soles in a 8.5 and they fit a bit big, but no so big that it's uncomfortable. I've got a pair of size 8 1500s on the way that should've been here by today, but shipping got held up or something. Looks like I'll be gunning for a size 8 in the Seals.

Sounds like my exact sizing situation, haha. A 8 should fit you perfectly. Good luck! They are great looking in person. I have the Steel Blue 999s too and the SEALS blow them out of the water. The SEALS even fit better, for some odd reason.

The 1500 is the only style New Balance left I would love to own. Just every colorway I like is a collab, so damn near impossible to get for a good, reasonable price.

Last edited:
Trust me, they didn't need our help. But I'm truly sorry I blew your chance at a pair of shoes that everybody who has ever heard the words "New Balance," has been after for the last couple months. My bad.

Trust me, they didn't need our help. But I'm truly sorry I blew your chance at a pair of shoes that everybody who has ever heard the words "New Balance," has been after for the last couple months. My bad.
roll.gif

Those NY Marathons 990 are dope. I had to get a pair of them. Quality on New Balances are the best. Only 504 pairs made. Glad to be one of them. Will be rocking New Balances all Fall/winter

Those NY Marathons 990 are dope. I had to get a pair of them. Quality on New Balances are the best. Only 504 pairs made. Glad to be one of them. Will be rocking New Balances all Fall/winter

Where did you read that number? It seems like these are pretty widely available.

Just forward thinking, but one would have to assume that if the Seal 999s got a small restock, there's probably a good chance the West NYC MT580s get a small restock as well....

Back
Top Bottom