Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anybody know Corporate's email? I don't do Instagram, want to see if they have a 9.5 in those 1300TTs...

They probably wont be as limited as they made it seem, but still somewhat limited. the price is the only reason they would sit. And 220 seems like the actual price. footpatrol had their pairs listed at 170 euros which is right around 220 usd. so no 250 price tag is a pleasant surprise
Speaking of footpatrol, they have some pretty decent NB's on sale right now, with reasonable shipping from UK: http://www.footpatrol.co.uk/os:view-sale-items/br:new-balance/

I'll preface this by saying I know you guys hate the sizing questions..

Is it common to go down .5 in the 998s? I'm a size 10, 10.5 in Asics GLIII and random other narrow-fitting shoes. 

I got a decent deal on a pair of Tannerys in 10.5 and went for them. They're do-able.

Got the National Parks and Pool Blues with a discount code and didn't have 10s so I went 10.5 knowing the Tannery pair was ok.. and they seem to fit bigger than the Tannerys, noticeably so. 

I almost feel like I could go to a 9.5 and I've never done that on anything. Am I crazy?

It sucks because I love both pairs and basically can't get anything for them after wearing both once to get the money to re-buy size 10s.

I'll preface this by saying I know you guys hate the sizing questions..

Is it common to go down .5 in the 998s? I'm a size 10, 10.5 in Asics GLIII and random other narrow-fitting shoes. 

I got a decent deal on a pair of Tannerys in 10.5 and went for them. They're do-able.

Got the National Parks and Pool Blues with a discount code and didn't have 10s so I went 10.5 knowing the Tannery pair was ok.. and they seem to fit bigger than the Tannerys, noticeably so. 

I almost feel like I could go to a 9.5 and I've never done that on anything. Am I crazy?

It sucks because I love both pairs and basically can't get anything for them after wearing both once to get the money to re-buy size 10s.
Generally, most people go .5 size down for 998s as they run a bit long, but wide footers (such as myself) should stay true to size.

Tthe Tannerys fit differently because of the insole; its thicker than my GR 998s: I usually wear my TTS in 998s, but I had to size up .5 for the Tannerys 

You could buy a thicker insole to put into your NPs or PBs, to help take up space

Last edited:
thejacobsharp thejacobsharp I'm a size 10 in practically every shoe except for NB 998s and 999s. I had to size down to a 9.5 because they're just too long for me to wear - couldn't take the heel slip.

Repped. Thanks guys.
For the record I have one pair of 999s in a 10 and they feel almost too small. I had always thought the general sentiment was all NBs ran about the same, but I guess that's not true. I'll go to a 10 on my next pair.

Any of you guys know what years the original run of the 496 was? I recently got a made in the USA pair of 496 in the Grey and Navy Colorway that released as an Asian made this year. I'm trying to figure out how old they are.

They probably wont be as limited as they made it seem, but still somewhat limited. the price is the only reason they would sit. And 220 seems like the actual price. footpatrol had their pairs listed at 170 euros which is right around 220 usd. so no 250 price tag is a pleasant surprise

Has anyone seen the 997PR for sale in the US yet? Curious if they are 260 or 220. I know it's only a $40 difference but 220 is a lot more manageable than 260. For that price, there's a lot of other NBs I feel like I could grab.

Has anyone seen the 997PR for sale in the US yet? Curious if they are 260 or 220. I know it's only a $40 difference but 220 is a lot more manageable than 260. For that price, there's a lot of other NBs I feel like I could grab.
Oneness had them up for 220 but took them down for release date purposes

Some people are talking about getting hit with custom fees when its over 200usd on End because they use fedex, anyone has experience here?

BT's today, first time breaking them out. Really dug this colorway from the first time I ever saw them.

997pr's are crazy but on the fence because of the price

and those mint ones from the ice cream pack are dope but im probably passing on all of them. 

Foot Patrol isn't listed at 170 Euros - it is 170 pounds - which comes out to around $265 US Dollars.

Hanon is asking the same price, 170 pounds.

Any other good NB deals out there aside from the corporate sale?

Not really feeling any of the models. Mainly looking for 997 and 998

Back
Top Bottom