Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone have this same suede problem? Above the "N", a small area of the suede just appears to be not as hairy... Don't know how else to explain it.

Will the custom 998s also be available in Canada when it releases?
a dude overseas heard he would soon be able to get custom 998s shipped to him direct (no proxy needed). i commented how i wondered if opening it up internationally would lead to slower turnaround times (NB has been boasting the two days it takes).

I'm assuming they will have one bc the 574/993 models do...
But I don't think I've ever seen a 998 with a black midsole...
not completely black, but the GY had a predominantly black midsole http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?style=M998GY

not sure if anyone posted this pic yet. from the same guy jwolfe posted.

edit: side profile

Last edited:
It's really starting to look like NB completely blew all competition out of the water with their new NB1 program.

They already killed it with the addition of the 998, but these options are looking incredible.

I'm really curious to see what else this new program has to offer.

Is the 998 a DC thing? I always thought they got down with the 990.
I'm an older DC area dude, and from my youth I can remember the cool older hustlers always rocked 996's, 990's, 991's and 1300's. The newer generation is more into 992's and 993's and the 990 v3. And these newer models are also huge in Bmore. 

Well this is totally unrelated to the topic of hand (those sweet, sweet custom 998s), but apparently New Balance is collaborating with Burton Snowboards on what look like 3 710s, and matching snowboard boots. Any thoughts guys?

My only hope is that NB someday brings back the made in USA 710s with the vibram soles eventually! 

Well this is totally unrelated to the topic of hand (those sweet, sweet custom 998s), but apparently New Balance is collaborating with Burton Snowboards on what look like 3 710s, and matching snowboard boots. Any thoughts guys?

My only hope is that NB someday brings back the made in USA 710s with the vibram soles eventually! 

Just in time, I need new boots for next season. I like that pair in the middle

Last edited:
Holy crap, it is tomorrow. I can't believe this is happening. I'm way too excited (and too poor!) for this.

Thanks for those that answered my previous post about the 998 customs coming to Canada, I checked both the Canadian and American site and saw both 574 and 993 were available. So I'm guessing we Canadian will also be able to craft some custom 998s as well 
happy.gif
tongue.gif

Is tomorrow the day for real?? I read the 8th a few posts back, no? Duuuuuude

Huh...would you look at that. Your interpretation of what I said is actually true hahahah

We broke the news that it's tomorrow first. Lmao.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys create. I'll take spot in the backseat for now.

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom