Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Is it just me or do the materials on the Hilltops feel stiffer than usual around the tongue and side panels? Just putting my pair on for the first time and it seems really noticeable. I 
nerd.gif
 you cutting corners, NB.

Is it just me or do the materials on the Hilltops feel stiffer than usual around the tongue and side panels? Just putting my pair on for the first time and it seems really noticeable. I 
nerd.gif
 you cutting corners, NB.
The materials on the HTB definitely feel a little different than most 998's. However, the suede is still top notch and it might even be a better quality in my opinion. You can tell it's nice quality when the suede changes colors when you brush it with your finger. 

I'm gonna give their customer service a call again tomorrow. They messed up on of the colors on my customs and when I called I they said they would send me a shipping label to return my pair and then they would refund me so I could order a new pair. Only problem is I still never got the shipping label. Guy on the phone said on Monday I would have it in 1 to 2 days. I feel like I might as well keep them. It's annoying that they make you send the messed up pair back when you know they're not going to do anything with them.

FWIW, my coupon ended up filtered to my "promotions" folder if you're using gmail
They e-mailed the coupon. Sent me $30 instead of $25.
Thanks guys. Yea the lady said it was going to be $25 dollars but it was $40. That was a nice surprise. @PanaRicanRetro  I def feel you on that. Annoyin you have to wait for the return label, wait for shipping, wait for a refund, wait for a new pair to be shipped. If they make a mistake like that why not just send the corrected pair?

Last edited:
Okay I only just realised, there is a flaw with my 998 customs - I ordered gunmetal laces but they sent me black instead.

Emailed them, let's see what they say.

My pair of NB1
Glad I finally got a look at rain cloud been wondering the difference btw it and nimbus, it seems more a true white while nimbus is an off white. Ember looks great when you can see the color outside, all the indoor shots with the artificial lighting give it more of an orange hue than red. 

Anyone know a spot with rope laces with thinning tips that will fit thru the 998 eyelets? RLS got a ton but don't fit when you get to top...thx

Back
Top Bottom