Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The nb factory store in ma has multiple pairs of the 998dsa i was told on the phone today. I am in the process of trying to get a friend to get over there and grab me a pair for 80. If he is able to do so, and anyone else is interested in a pair, i will try to get some a couple pairs and pass the deal along
If they somehow get a 10.5 in stock, I'd be in for sure. 

beware of the factory seconds shoes.  a friend was gonna pick up a pair of gy's for me and everything looked good except for the inner toebox area where the upper meets the sole had a huge hole/flaw

came across this site while browsing NB's... anyone know if legit?

http://www.vmvinc.com/new-balance-575-staple-pigeon

these are nice too never saw them before

http://www.vmvinc.com/new-balance-m580gp
If memory serves me correctly it's a little high on those pigeons but then again it's been quite a while since I've checked and the prices have probably creeped up due to sizes drying out more. Probably not a terrible price but I'd double check with other sites like ebay to make sure. 

Site looks legit.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity what would you guys say would be the most comfortable for a pretty significant flat footer like myself? Got the 1500 flying the flag and just felt it looked at little...odd

Hey guys. I tried to submit a post asking for an opinion about a pair of 997's I received a few days ago, but as it included external attachments, it is on hold for administration approval.

As I need to decide about returning them, I'd appreciate if someone is available to take a quick look on this case, via private message.

Cheers.

Where can I get the 999AE for under retail ? I like them but I do not want to pay retail

Just out of curiosity what would you guys say would be the most comfortable for a pretty significant flat footer like myself? Got the 1500 flying the flag and just felt it looked at little...odd

What do you mean looked odd? Most lifestyle shoes aren't really meant to curb things like being flat footed or having a high arch. To the best of my knowledge though I believe 580s are good for flat footers

I have flat feet myself and over pronate as a result. The best thing you can do is buy insoles that correct the form of your foot. Places like Road Runner Sports sell insoles that will last for about 6 months with regular wear. Nothing beats custom orthotics from a podiatrist. They take actual molds of your foot. Those insoles last from 1 to 1.5 years, though they dont fit in all shoes. I used to get foot pain and my knees would feel weird.

Without any insoles to correct my form, I find 998 the most comfortable personally. Get new insoles to correct for your over pronation, your 1500s will feel more comfortable.

The guy who is trying to help me out wont be able to get their til saturday. I will keep everyone updated if he is able to make it. I wrote down who needs what

So I wore my Pebble Blues for the first time to the city yesterday and totally forgot to take an on-foot pic...but I'm in love. Easily one of my favorite sneakers, ever. If you never picked these up, you definitely made a mistake. 

has anyone reshaped a 999 before? I just got a pair of 999BNV's and love the shoe but bought it knowing I'd need to address the toe box. thanks guys. I'm talking separating from the sole, idk if just ironing it would make sense. 

997s or 998s. I have flat feet myself, but the models I mentioned don't have a high arch. I can walk for a while without having any foot issues. I'm 5'7'' 150. 1500s look like boats/bananas if that is what you're getting at. 997s are slimmer with a firm midsole. 998s look slightly more bulky than a 997, but the midsole is a little more cushiony. I compare 997s to GLVs and 998s to GLIII in terms of comfort. Although I like GLIIIs over GLVs because I like the stiffer midsole.

went on a trip to visit friends and i've been rocking the GY2 and NV all week.  it'd be cool if NB released a 997NV2 with an all white midsole.  i think that would look so good.

So I wore my Pebble Blues for the first time to the city yesterday and totally forgot to take an on-foot pic...but I'm in love. Easily one of my favorite sneakers, ever. If you never picked these up, you definitely made a mistake. 
woah. slow down there cowboy.. 

Back
Top Bottom