Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Crip I have something similar already made, I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just put them on eBay, don't be afraid of a no reserve auction, if they are hyped as you say you'll get your money.

a powder with grey toe? all powder back/mid and navy toe with navy camo does not look bad either, i'm torn.

Last edited:

Random question. Does anyone have any experience selling on Stockx? I got my hands on a certain hyped pair of shoes releasing this weekend from another brand that I am unashamedly reselling purely for the purpose of having more funds to purchase more New Balances, lol. Just wondering what others' experiences have been like.

As an FYI, I am sorry if this offends anyone. I hate resellers personally and have never paid resell prices before but I have come to accept this is today's sneaker game. This is also the reason why I love NB, not nearly the amount of hype as other brands but still A+.
Just put them on eBay, don't be afraid of a no reserve auction, if they are hyped as you say you'll get your money.
I wouldn't put high ticket items on Ebay due to scammers.  I've put stuff on Stockx but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there.  Personally, I would recommend GOAT due to narrower bid/ask and more liquidity.

I wouldn't recommend eBay either, too much shady sht going down.  Local craigslist, FB groups, GOAT/STOCKX

I wonder why some people constantly  complain about QC issues with new balance and as soon as they release something some of those same folks complaining are the first to buy the shoes. Why would NB care whether their shoes have issues when some will continue to buy them anyway ? If the qc has been that bad just Dont buy them that would be the logical way to get nb to take notice and step up their game.

Last edited:

Random question. Does anyone have any experience selling on Stockx? I got my hands on a certain hyped pair of shoes releasing this weekend from another brand that I am unashamedly reselling purely for the purpose of having more funds to purchase more New Balances, lol. Just wondering what others' experiences have been like.

As an FYI, I am sorry if this offends anyone. I hate resellers personally and have never paid resell prices before but I have come to accept this is today's sneaker game. This is also the reason why I love NB, not nearly the amount of hype as other brands but still A+.
You hate the very thing that you are about to become? Doesn't sound like you hate resellers too much if you are about to become one[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Thanks for the input folks! I am trying to avoid eBay for sure. Most of the times when I have sold shoes I've had the most success through local Facebook groups. We'll see what happens on release day, just wanted to get input from anyone who might have had experience with Stockx. GOAT also does seem like an intriguing option.

I wonder why some people constantly  complain about QC issues with new balance and as soon as they release something some of those same folks complaining are the first to buy the shoes. Why would NB care whether their shoes have issues when some will continue to buy them anyway ? If the qc has been that bad just Dont buy them that would be the logical way to get nb to take notice and step up their game.
I think people complain about QC issues with NB because they've established such high standards in the past with their miUSA and even their miUK products. In the case of the surplus pack (which some folks have unfortunately had issues with here) they marketed the shoes with being of utmost quality. Thus, it's disappointing when some shoes make it to retail that clearly shouldn't have.

With that said, New Balance's quality control on the whole is still far and away better than what you see with other companies (especially when compared to Nike/Jordan and Adidas). And we still buy the shoes because we still absolutely love the brand, want to support it and want to see it succeed.

You can still love and support a brand while at the same time offer fair critique of ways they can improve their product. I don't think those things are mutually exclusive at all. 

You hate the very thing that you are about to become? Doesn't sound like you hate resellers too much if you are about to become one[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]
I was more so talking about the state of the game, with store managers who backdoor FSR of hyped shoes to infamous resellers such as Benjaminkickz and Allen Kuo and drive up the price of sneakers that otherwise probably wouldn't be as expensive. But, I realized at some point a few years ago that instead of being angry about it and pouting about it that if I ever get lucky enough to score a raffle win then I might as well take advantage of these outrageously high prices.

Dudes have been flipping kicks on release day in order to fund their own collection for a long time, so what I am talking about is nothing new. But, I wouldn't classify myself as a reseller the way these other dudes do. The truth is that I love sneakers but they're an expensive hobby. I've got a wife and kid (and hopefully more kids on the way) to provide for and that I prioritize.So, if I have an opportunity to flip a certain shoe in order to fund my collection then why not?

Besides, this is the first time I've ever hit on a Yeezy raffle and the first time in a loooonnggg time I've hit on a release that resells for this much. And I fully expect this to be a fluke, lol! On the whole, you can find me on Facebook groups selling off shoes for way less than what I bought them and for steals.

Either way, thanks for your comment. At the end of the day, let's not take ourselves so seriously. This is supposed to be fun man, they're just shoes 
happy.gif

Because they like the brand, the concept of the shoe, the CW or maybe they way it fits. NB would care because these shoes get returned and when they get returned they often get sent back to NB where they then go to the factory store and sold for a 1/4 of the price in which NB losses a profit. I'm sorry but this was a pretty stupid and very unlogical comment. Not buying a shoe will do nothing to the QC.

It's also just not NB, asics has a problem with it, Nike, saucony.

Last edited:

Don't feel bad. I always try for Yeezy's. If some kid is dumb enough to pay those resale prices for a some cheaply made shoe, then it doesn't make sense not to take advantage. I've only cooked twice but it's funded my NB and Asics collection nicely. 

Last edited:
Anyone with 1400's that can give me a quick review of the sole?

do they crush like a 670 or a 576 or are they more solid like a 1500? whats the comfort like for running around an office building?

Anyone with 1400's that can give me a quick review of the sole?

do they crush like a 670 or a 576 or are they more solid like a 1500? whats the comfort like for running around an office building?
Crush like a 670 or 576 as its just a rubber outsole and I believe the 1500 uses Encap which is more absorbent.

Crush like a 670 or 576 as its just a rubber outsole and I believe the 1500 uses Encap which is more absorbent.
Thanks man. looking at the horween 1400's in that caramel leather but I'm hesitant to spend too much on a shoe my fat body will crush.

LPU: 998GRB. I've been looking for these for probably 2 years and finally found a pair in my size, and for a pretty good price as well. Little bit of denim bleeding on the tongue and heel but otherwise really good condition. This and the BB are the only two NBs that I've really ever lusted over. Now on to find a pair of the BBs! 

PS this box is really cool and I wish NB made them again. 

LPU: 998GRB. I've been looking for these for probably 2 years and finally found a pair in my size, and for a pretty good price as well. Little bit of denim bleeding on the tongue and heel but otherwise really good condition. This and the BB are the only two NBs that I've really ever lusted over. Now on to find a pair of the BBs! 

If you are a size 13, there is a new one here

http://www.pys.com/new-balance-m998...gle_shopping&gclid=CM2ksJ-6o88CFYJahgodMi0L9Q

Because they like the brand, the concept of the shoe, the CW or maybe they way it fits. NB would care because these shoes get returned and when they get returned they often get sent back to NB where they then go to the factory store and sold for a 1/4 of the price in which NB losses a profit. I'm sorry but this was a pretty stupid and very unlogical comment. Not buying a shoe will do nothing to the QC.

It's also just not NB, asics has a problem with it, Nike, saucony.
Lose a profit? You must Dont know how cheap they make them. Granted their quality is superior to other brands its still cheap to manufacture them. If suggested retail is $200 that means new balance sells to the store for half that and if nb sells to stores for a $100 how much do you think it is to manufacture $20 or 30 bucks? So even if it hits outlet they still make profit. So Dont feel pity for a nb at an outlet[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

Lose a profit? You must Dont know how cheap they make them. Granted their quality is superior to other brands its still cheap to manufacture them. If suggested retail is $200 that means new balance sells to the store for half that and if nb sells to stores for a $100 how much do you think it is to manufacture $20 or 30 bucks? So even if it hits outlet they still make profit. So Dont feel pity for a nb at an outlet[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Yes stores often send them back to NB and then they get their money back. Then NB has to sell them at their factory store. So before the defective pair was sent back they would have made a $100. Now they have to sell them at their factory store and they often reach prices as low as $20-$50. So that is a loss of profit. Also if you don't buy it from a retail store and by it from NB.com. NB will compensate you for shipping often give you money off on your next order. If you don't think NB cares, you must not understand the whole concept of cost accounting and spoiled products. Not buying a shoe for fear of some QC issues won't do anything, after all you can just return them and get a better pair most of the time. People just bring up the QC because it has gone down hill, along with nearly every other brand. Calling them out on QC issues will do a hell of a lot more than just not buying product out of fear of getting a spoiled product is down right stupid. If you have that type of attitude with anything in life you won't get very far.

Back
Top Bottom