Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yes stores often send them back to NB and then they get their money back. Then NB has to sell them at their factory store. So before the defective pair was sent back they would have made a $100. Now they have to sell them at their factory store and they often reach prices as low as $20-$50. So that is a loss of profit. Also if you don't buy it from a retail store and by it from NB.com. NB will compensate you for shipping often give you money off on your next order. If you don't think NB cares, you must not understand the whole concept of cost accounting and spoiled products. Not buying a shoe for fear of some QC issues won't do anything, after all you can just return them and get a better pair most of the time. People just bring up the QC because it has gone down hill, along with nearly every other brand. Calling them out on QC issues will do a hell of a lot more than just not buying product out of fear of getting a spoiled product is down right stupid. ISURE[emoji]128514[/emoji]. And beinghat type of attitude with anything in life you won't get very far.
Just the type of consumer businesses love. Those who have such an emotional attachment to their brand that they will still consume it even if the product is sub par. NEW BALANCE APPRECIATES YOU IM SURE [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. And anyone who does chooses to not purchase a potentially sub par product will go far. It will help you to keep your money instead of blowing on lack luster product. I would think thats pretty smart

Last edited:

Just the type of consumer businesses love. Those who have such an emotional attachment to their brand that they will still consume it even if the product is sub par. NEW BALANCE APPRECIATES YOU IM SURE[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]SURE[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. And anyone who does choose to not purchase a potentially sub par product will get them far. It will help you to keep your money instead of blowing on lack luster product. I would think thats pretty smart
Yes you are in a sneaker forum. By the looks of your profile, your on NT to re sell.

Yes you are in a sneaker forum. By the looks of your profile, your on NT to re sell.
Never said I Dont like resellers I like them quite frankly. I Dont have any issues with them. Just wondering y someone would say they hate resellers only to resell. Just couldn't find logic in that statement

Last night

LPU: 998GRB. I've been looking for these for probably 2 years and finally found a pair in my size, and for a pretty good price as well. Little bit of denim bleeding on the tongue and heel but otherwise really good condition. This and the BB are the only two NBs that I've really ever lusted over. Now on to find a pair of the BBs! 

PS this box is really cool and I wish NB made them again. 
Pretty sure i sold these to you haha. Glad to see it went to NT fam!

P.S it was sold to me by a NT member as well. These are NT certified lol

Last edited:
Danner x New Balance 585 "American Pioneer Project" - $365, release 10/1/16 

NB pushing the 585 hard.

What do you guys think? Can't stomach the price, personally. I thought the ball and bucks were expensive but these are another level. Makes sense, though, given this is mostly Horween.

Full article and pictures here: http://sneakernews.com/2016/09/22/danner-new-balance-585-american-pioneer-project/

Whether you can afford it or not I think everyone can agree that that's just too much for sneakers regardless of quality. I don't think they look good but what are the differences between the 580 and 585

580 is the original model. then the 585 came out. then in the late 90's, NB japan decided to copy the 585 and call it the mt580 (most people refer to these as 580's but they're not true 580's). It was at this point, the mt580 grew very popular, and is one of the main reasons for NB's popularity outside of the states. Back in the states, NB released the updated 586 and then the 587. During the mid 2000's, NB japan also did a version of the 586. 

so technically, the 585 and the mt580 are the same model, but currently made in different countries and have different quality. The revlite mt580's dont even have actual rollbar. 

there are two pairs of NB x Danner. the 585 pictured above. and a Danner boot with an NB Logo.

Last edited:
both a no for me. imo the ball and buck smash the danner's and the b&b are priced steep. i know they are horween but no way i could pay that for a 585.

almost $400 for a non-welted, glued shoe is nuts. Horween leather, while good quality, is not in the upper echelon of quality shoe leathers and there is so little of it used in this sneaker anyway. Danner seems to think that their name is worth and extra $150-$200

580 is the original model. then the 585 came out. then in the late 90's, NB japan decided to copy the 585 and call it the mt580 (most people refer to these as 580's but they're not true 580's). It was at this point, the mt580 grew very popular, and is one of the main reasons for NB's popularity outside of the states. Back in the states, NB released the updated 586 and then the 587. During the mid 2000's, NB japan also did a version of the 586. 

so technically, the 585 and the mt580 are the same model, but currently made in different countries and have different quality. The revlite mt580's dont even have actual rollbar. 

there are two pairs of NB x Danner. the 585 pictured above. and a Danner boot with an NB Logo.

Very informative ha. That's crazy never knew the history of the shoe, I own two pairs of 580 neither of which are made in USA or EU (both collaborations).

Want to give moshepark moshepark a shoutout. He proxy-ed a pair of the surplus 991.5 for me. He's a super good dude!! Can't thank him enough for his help. Straight to feet today. No quality issues and very comfortable. I went with my 996, 997, 998, 1300, 1400 size. I usually wear US9 in 1500s but I went with US8.5 and they fit perfect. The 991 toe box is wide so 1/2 size down from my 1500 size was perfect. Sorry for the poor iPhone pic.

Last edited:

Pretty sure i sold these to you haha. Glad to see it went to NT fam!

P.S it was sold to me by a NT member as well. These are NT certified lol

I knew it!

scott sold them to me (he used to be on NT).  I believe some of those denim stains are mine (bowing). 
Haha damn I'm pretty sure I actually almost bought them from @JerkStore  a while ago. Thanks again for the good business!

Want to give @moshepark a shoutout. He proxy-ed a pair of the surplus 991.5 for me. He's a super good dude!! Can't thank him enough for his help. Straight to feet today. No quality issues and very comfortable. I went with my 996, 997, 998, 1300, 1400 size. I usually wear US9 in 1500s but I went with US8.5 and they fit perfect. The 991 toe box is wide so 1/2 size down from my 1500 size was perfect. Sorry for the poor iPhone pic.
Enjoy, homie! Glad they got there safely.

Back
Top Bottom