Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Both for 130??

Uhhhhh yes, where did you grab both for that price???

Uhhhhh yes, where did you grab both for that price???

getitaway getitaway Is right. It was a Nordstrom Rack in Minnesota. I had only been seeing the 997 from the pack. I didn't know there was a 998. Minnesota doesn't have tax either so that's good lol [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I will say, the 998 in a 10.5 for great (Half size down from my normal 11). I got the 998BESP and they are pretty snug. These shoes are so comfy

Last edited:
The top pair, which # I can never remember. I scored them at an outlet a while back. Those white laces do them a bit of a disservice imo. Swapped them out with some darker grey ropes I had and really liked the result.

LPU!! Hola mailman!!

Oh hell yes!! The quality, the color way, the attention to detail?! Sick!

Paid retail and I do not even mind!

Two tone laces, stance dubree, terry cloth guts, free socks...would rather have an extra set of laces but Stance so....yeah

Dope!

My advice is always never buy a shoe because it's a good deal. I've made that mistake a number of times now and I always regret it, lol.

Thanks for the advice. I still have the receipts also I'm gonna look at them at home when the excitement has worn down a bit.

I'm convinced that the size of the shoe plays a factor (what I've noticed in my experience). Smaller sizes have way better shape. Larger sizes employ larger toe puffs for sure. I've spent way too much time both at the outlets here in Brighton as well as the flagship store comparing smaller sizes with bigger sizes. I did a size by size comparison of a size 8 997JOL vs. a size 11.5 (my usual NB size) and it's atrocious. The 8 was super sleek and sexy. The 11.5 was not. 
did you see the 998BK size 12 painters pack sitting in the clearance 11 wall? shape was amazing

Does anyone have some in person photos of the military urban grey color from nb1? I'm trying to make a cyclades colorway, and I'm not sure if it would look okay or not.

how do these fit?  they look like they would fit narrow.
was answered a few pages back but here's a refresher: "770 fits a lot like classic 420. very flat and a bit narrow on the sides. i would get TTS or half size up, if you have wider feet." - newbalance365

Mail call steals... $104 Shipped, M990BK2. My first 990v2 ,my first entry piece into dad-steeze.  Build quality is on par with 998's, very comfortable and a bit more noticeable cushion than a 998 too. Black colorways are my speed. 

w/ 25% code $88 Shipped M998JB1 (Maroon) Loved the colors. J. Crew always do patriotic colorways justice. This shoe will be my go to's for BBQs this year. I copped the last pair before it disappeared on the website and updated for the BeachBall 998 after I checked out.

Last edited:
If anybody needs a brand new pair of Cortados size 11.5 for super low (wayyyyyy below retail) let me know. 

Back
Top Bottom