Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Is anyone interested in copping the Grenson collab? They look so nice though I don't think I can stomach the retail price. And these aren't like Horweens that usually sit around forever until you can find 'em at Marshall's.

I don’t own any 577 but I do like those. I wear a 9 in UK models and 8.5 in US models. What you think?

I think I could have gone down a half size, which would be my 998, 574, US size. UK models typically are 8.5 for me but these have some room, similar to the other 5XX models.

have any of you guys had any defects in the nb1
i bought the restock tyrians and the tongues were completely different lengths

have any of you guys had any defects in the nb1
i bought the restock tyrians and the tongues were completely different lengths

Defects as far as that or like something really bad?

I think either Ninjatoes or Ninjaskills ordered a pair of like grey and volt colored 998s that came and the craftsmanship was pretty shotty.

Looks like the M997CSU lives on in this new 574.

Also glad you guys liked the 1500 mockup, lmk if there's any others you'd like to see since I have a few templates lying around on the ol hard drive.

i can get down with these 574's. been so long since i have bought a pair of 574. i believe last pair i bought was in 2000 or 2001 and think i went tts. ppl really go 1/2 down or 998 size with these? they are not miusa which leads me to think i should go tts.

congrats V vidiviciun , that great news man. have not been checking in here too much lately. great way to start the year off. gonna have to scale back on shoes now though lol

i can get down with these 574's. been so long since i have bought a pair of 574. i believe last pair i bought was in 2000 or 2001 and think i went tts. ppl really go 1/2 down or 998 size with these? they are not miusa which leads me to think i should go tts.

I've went .5 down on 574s since junior high/high school. I assume those were asian made as they were just what was leftover on clearance at Finishline or Footlocker. I recently tried on the BOX pair at Marshalls and they were definitely .5 down for me.

IMG_0926.JPG

https://hypebeast.com/2018/1/new-balance-998-purple-suede

I am dare to ask another annoying sizing question coz it will involve some serious $$$. Eyeing the new Danner x NB boots. If my usual NB size (997 and 1500) is US9 with width D, I should do the same size in Danner boots?

Last edited:
I am dare to ask another annoying sizing question coz it will involve some serious $$$. Eyeing the new Danner x NB boots. If my usual NB size (997 and 1500) is US9 with width D, I should do the same size in Danner boots?

If you go on the Danner website and go to the boot you were thinking they have a little sizing area. They talk about the last used and how people "usually" size.

From my perspective, I'm an 11 in sneakers. I have Red Wing work boots that are a 10 EE that I should have gotten in a 10.5 EE I think. I tried on some Thorogood boots and I would get a 10.5 EE in those as well. If I was to order a pair of Danners I would do the same thing 10.5 EE. If I were you I would try to go somewhere and try some on. If you can't do that, you gotta wheigh the risk based on price.

If you go on the Danner website and go to the boot you were thinking they have a little sizing area. They talk about the last used and how people "usually" size.

From my perspective, I'm an 11 in sneakers. I have Red Wing work boots that are a 10 EE that I should have gotten in a 10.5 EE I think. I tried on some Thorogood boots and I would get a 10.5 EE in those as well. If I was to order a pair of Danners I would do the same thing 10.5 EE. If I were you I would try to go somewhere and try some on. If you can't do that, you gotta wheigh the risk based on price.
Thanks for your input. I just read a few reviews and ppl seems to think they would go 1/0.5 size down from the usual sneaker size, at least for the mountain light

Love purple, but these missed the mark for me. Better for my pockets I suppose

Agreed! With 3 DOPE shades of purple on NB1 you can make a much more compelling shoe! Once there is a 15% off coupon I have two more designs and then I SWEAR I am done with this color wheel!

Back
Top Bottom