Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Don't forget about the J. Crew 1400 Evergreen's! I think that pair is pretty rare.

0b5fd8199312cbfce107ff2020ba2f9f.jpg
Super upset I passed on these about 6 months ago..

1) butterscotch, this shoe has so much class
2) midori
3) hilltop
4) pebble blue
5) navy

I think Indy’s would top that list in terms of rarity. All of those either sat and hit discounts (PB’s, Hilltop, Midori, Navy) or had restocks (butterscotch). Not saying they aren’t great colorways - PB’s are my favorite J Crew collab. I remember Indy’s went with the quickness when they went live. It was the only J Crew collab that I scrambled for. They rarely pop up for sale as well.

I think Indy’s would top that list in terms of rarity. All of those either sat and hit discounts (PB’s, Hilltop, Midori, Navy) or had restocks (butterscotch). Not saying they aren’t great colorways - PB’s are my favorite J Crew collab. I remember Indy’s went with the quickness when they went live. It was the only J Crew collab that I scrambled for. They rarely pop up for sale as well.
Yep. I remember waiting up for the Indy's until about 1 AM and they still hadn't popped up on the site, so I figured they would be up in the early morning and went to bed. Luckily, I woke up to use the bathroom at about 3AM and decided to check the site and luckily my size was still there.

Are the M997GY and NV getting wider re-releases or something? I recall starting to see them pop up randomly in boutiques over the last few years but SNS just dropped these two along with the BK. The shape all look great, btw, not nearly as bad as the M997GY2- those had the toe puff while these seem to not have the toe puff (judging purely from the product shots).

https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/14353/new-balance-m997

https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/15082/new-balance-m997

I think they restock randomly since their a staple. GY2 were hit or miss I picked up outlet pairs for $60 couple years back with great shape. The GY have also been on and off on the NB site.

Last edited:
I’m no expert, but I believe there was a black 997 with a gun sole. I can’t seem to remember the code, but it had like pink on the heel tab and blue accents, I think.

A707FD99-EA8B-4926-868F-D2A3C71A9E52.jpeg

Yup, Magnets. Never seen a gum 998 however.

I wonder why they don't use it more on the 998/997, it used to be on a good amount of 576, 577 and even on some 574. Also the one you guys are talking about, is that the kind of translucent gum sole, or a more solid colored gumsole (if that makes sense)

For example on the St Alfred GLIII they utilize both, part of the sole is gum colored, but not translucent, but the heel is.

Back
Top Bottom