Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Can anyone provide a comfort comparison betweeen the 990v5 and the 997S? I don't own any NB and was set on a pair of grey 990v5 as my first pair, until the 997S Made in USA was released today. I like the overall look of the 997S more, but wondering how the shoes compare in comfort. I would just be using them for casual walking, not running. IMO 990 has that classic NB look which is nice, but 997S looks sportier.

m990gl5_nb_02_i_b18d5b026e4d44da9d20

m997sgr_nb_02_i

Not getting what you want isn’t a “poor experience”, that’s just life, lol

Being sent the wrong item in addition to taking 3 weeks to get a return isn’t a “good experience”...at least not to me. Maybe for you.

Striking out on an item? Happens to us all. Just confusing from a consumer standpoint when release after release I have sneakers in cart press buy and it disappears; repeat the same process (while item is still available) repeatedly for 5 minutes and then get a sold out notification. The whole process isn’t exactly endearing me to the brand.

JS”

If anyone has copped In the past, I’ve yet to see a pic posted in the thread... if people are just trying to flip I can’t knock that but I’ve been wanting to try these out on the hard w*od.

Yea, I have a feeling this whole NB Basketball thing will be a flop. NB just milking it by releasing minmial pairs to make it seem like its hyped. If they were really invested multiple CW would be in stores and there would be more buzz

Yea, I have a feeling this whole NB Basketball thing will be a flop. NB just milking it by releasing minmial pairs to make it seem like its hyped. If they were really invested multiple CW would be in stores and there would be more buzz
Got it. The difficulty of obtaining a pair has been frustrating. Wonder how the production and/or retail distribution plays in to your comment. i don't see these at Footlocker, for example. Adidas hoop shoes barely make it there.
Those Omni are ugly as hell imo
I dig em from a hoop perspective! Mix of materials and shape look good to me.

Got it. The difficulty of obtaining a pair has been frustrating. Wonder how the production and/or retail distribution plays in to your comment. i don't see these at Footlocker, for example. Adidas hoop shoes barely make it there.

I dig em from a hoop perspective! Mix of materials and shape look good to me.

My point is NB has made more different kind of shorts and shirts for their "Basketball" program then they have had different colorways for Omni's or any other type of basketball shoe. All of the drops production has been low and they sellout. I just don't see this program being around for more than a few years. Not to mention all of the Kawhi drops have also been used to leverage lifestyle. I think Kawhi is being used more as a lifestyle promoter as opposed to actually building and selling legitimate basketball shoes.

As for your comments about Adidas, they have GR products and a more indepth program that has legitimate big releases and smaller GR's that hit champs, foot locker and foot action.

Just don't seeing their BBall product ever being taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom