Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These came in today and I gotta say I like them even more in person. Super unique color for a pair of kicks
62D74883-FCB4-4BAD-B53D-0E9DC6818E03.jpeg
These still around?

Which were you most excited for? I'm looking to into 991GBT or 991NVT if I can them anywhere in my size.

Out of the 5, I would say I REALLY wanted the GBT - the hit of green on the side with the greys, whites and indigo heel - just a great palatte for this 50yr old. I had been eying them for the longest time until stocks started drying up. Found them on Overkill, added the NVT which was second on the list. Thanks to the guys here was able to pick up the 992GR retail.

Out of the 5, I would say I REALLY wanted the GBT - the hit of green on the side with the greys, whites and indigo heel - just a great palatte for this 50yr old. I had been eying them for the longest time until stocks started drying up. Found them on Overkill, added the NVT which was second on the list. Thanks to the guys here was able to pick up the 992GR retail.
Cool, how was the fit on 991’s/992? I’m TTS on 990v5

I remember when the 990v4 first released and how hostile nearly everyone on the thread was towards the shoe (myself included). We laughed at how ugly it was. If it wasn't a 997 or 998 we automatically dismissed the shoe. That's why it is crazy to me to see how much has changed in the last few years!! You could count on one hand the guys who were actually into the v4 (at least in this thread). But the v4/v5 have easily been NB's most important shoe in the last few years and that's reflected in this thread.

Not sure about you guys, but this was the pic that turned me over to the model. Thank you Dave East :D
Dave East.png

I remember when the 990v4 first released and how hostile nearly everyone on the thread was towards the shoe (myself included). We laughed at how ugly it was. If it wasn't a 997 or 998 we automatically dismissed the shoe. That's why it is crazy to me to see how much has changed in the last few years!! You could count on one hand the guys who were actually into the v4 (at least in this thread). But the v4/v5 have easily been NB's most important shoe in the last few years and that's reflected in this thread.
Not sure about you guys, but this was the pic that turned me over to the model. Thank you Dave East :D
yeah what a 180. as far as dad models becoming popular there was one dude on here who was really into 993's when I started coming around here in 2014. he was on that wave way before east

Dave East.png
I still don’t like them (or any 990/991/992/993 really) but it just means more for the rest of you that do. But they’re def better than a lot of the other models NB has been pushing lately (327, 827, 850, all the MiAsia 997 variations).

Last edited:
I still don’t like them (or any 990/991/992/993 really) but it just means more for the rest of you that do. But they’re def better than a lot of the other models NB has been pushing lately (327, 827, 850, all the MiAsia 997 variations).

Word, I hear you. For me, everything changed once I actually tried on a pair. The 990v4 and 993 (and I assume the v5) are by far the most comfortable shoes that NB releases. The 997 and 998 are undeniably sleeker shoes in every respect. But now that I'm older I find myself prioritizing comfort over anything else.

Dave East.png
I was thinking about this the other day in regards to my NB collecting in general. At first all I really was interested in were 997/998s. Then I started grabbing 1500s. I had less than zero interest in any 990-993s. Now I have (and love) all of the above that I've mentioned. NB really has become far and away my favorite and go-to brand.

Back
Top Bottom