Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

FullSizeRender_2_1200x.jpg

edit: sorry forgot to name source

source: first I went to google, then I hit images, they I typed eat a bag of _____, then I clicked the image I liked, then I righted the image, open image in new tab, copied the link then pasted in here.

/edit kthxbye

Nice pattas up there ...

Freakin Flimby....

Also, how does the 2002R fit? Thinking of picking up the Bemburys

Sorry needed to fix my previous post. Totally apologize for the double post, but I had to do right by my boy refill.

pics of my LPU,Patta 991

934A1163-2A4C-4293-88A5-C9F53651A8D8.png

source: niketalk, new balance thread, therefill therefill from niketalk, new balance thread, ZwenchNenchOnTheBrench ZwenchNenchOnTheBrench , c/o r/Sneakers, Reddit, u/dbuns91, probably from WDYWT and cross posted on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and tiktok.

I’m almost certain for the white pair that these are the same materials, except for the N logo, as the ALD pairs. I understand though, the 550 isn’t exactly New Balance par, but then again they were under $100, you’re getting a Nike quality shoe. I’m actually digging them and May cop another white pair.
I have adidas models that were around 100-120 that were real leather. I guess I was so disappointed because I'm used to getting quality footwear from them. I didn't expect New Balance to pull the crap that Nike does.

I have adidas models that were around 100-120 that were real leather. I guess I was so disappointed because I'm used to getting quality footwear from them. I didn't expect New Balance to pull the crap that Nike does.
I definitely won’t argue with your stance. The pricing for this model from the start even with the ALD collab threw me off guard until I got the shoes in hand. They definitely are far from the quality we’re used to with other NB models, and I agree you can easily find models around the same price point with better materials and better comfort.

To me, they are a good middle ground, visually and comfort wise, it’s a decent shoe that NB took a lot of effort to retro. I don’t mind getting this model if it’s this low of a price point. On top of that, the model just got here, and we already have a nubuck variant. I’m sure down the line there’s a chance we see different materials used. There’s also a few upcoming variants that have a suede toe, so you may just find one version that meets your needs fam. For now you can just enjoy them though me lol
28DA7712-2B10-42C5-A70F-61CD4FF3AC2E.jpeg
128E9F86-107B-4694-BDA1-D0AEEBEDDA76.jpeg

Last edited:
Last few wears.
D03D8BDF-A654-4A77-851B-8C1DA2DA0FAE.jpeg

Side note... my 990v2 came with a toe box dent that I can feel with my toe while wearing. Anyone have success getting something like that out?

I definitely won’t argue with your stance. The pricing for this model from the start even with the ALD collab threw me off guard until I got the shoes in hand. They definitely are far from the quality we’re used to with other NB models, and I agree you can easily find models around the same price point with better materials and better comfort.

To me, they are a good middle ground, visually and comfort wise, it’s a decent shoe that NB took a lot of effort to retro. I don’t mind getting this model if it’s this low of a price point. On top of that, the model just got here, and we already have a nubuck variant. I’m sure down the line there’s a chance we see different materials used. There’s also a few upcoming variants that have a suede toe, so you may just find one version that meets your needs fam. For now you can just enjoy them though me lol
28DA7712-2B10-42C5-A70F-61CD4FF3AC2E.jpeg
128E9F86-107B-4694-BDA1-D0AEEBEDDA76.jpeg
I agree! Hopefully the suede toe models will be better. When I go to Burlington and see that the plastic leather reebok's they carry have the same material of the first run of these 550's I got pretty disappointed. I'm definitely going to see what unfolds with the suede toe. Hopefully new balance gets it right with those. It's just odd coming from new balance because I got the BB480 and those came out pretty good in terms of the materials

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom