Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Quality check?. Synthetic suede? Durabuck type?
I’m not exactly a nubuck expert, but the term durabuck is an appropriate description. They feel similar to Timberland boots. Almost like a matte-rubber surface. I also wouldn’t know if it’s synthetic, I tried taking couple photos but you’d have to have them in hand to determine their true quality and texture.
3018AE91-BCD6-47FD-A560-981042D2998D.jpeg
B8AB793C-A005-427C-80E1-085CD4ACE1F0.jpeg

I’m not exactly a nubuck expert, but the term durabuck is an appropriate description. They feel similar to Timberland boots. Almost like a matte-rubber surface. I also wouldn’t know if it’s synthetic, I tried taking couple photos but you’d have to have them in hand to determine their true quality and texture.

Yeah that looks like synthetic "durabuck" to me, like what would be on Jordan retros and stuff. It just looks more ashy and more rough to the touch.

The nice nubuck is the kind that's on the miUK 1500 anniversary...More soft to the touch, smooth but still has a bit of grain.

cuz it’s nb not jb
I was off social media for years, maybe six/ seven. It’s comical scrolling Twitter / IG seeing people praise JB for quality. Idk if it was someone in this thread but check out rose anvil on YouTube, he bisects shoes and goes through all layers/ detailing.

The 998’s are more firm in the midsole than I expected. The forefoot is a bit softer but the heel (where the Absorb logo is) is hard. I thought it was supposed to be a soft midsole all around? Or is the forefoot the only Absorb part?

I’m pretty sure these are authentic...

I was off social media for years, maybe six/ seven. It’s comical scrolling Twitter / IG seeing people praise JB for quality. Idk if it was someone in this thread but check out rose anvil on YouTube, he bisects shoes and goes through all layers/ detailing.

"quality is fantastic. grain leather is butter. toebox is kind of hard now but softening up great with wear"

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 6.59.17 PM.png

Shipping email from NB already on the 550s, seems like I’m seeing they fit bigger , heard that about the 327 and I went true to size and they fit perfect hoping for the same result

Shipping email from NB already on the 550s, seems like I’m seeing they fit bigger , heard that about the 327 and I went true to size and they fit perfect hoping for the same result

Heard that as well, however I must be crazy since wearing my 327 at what I thought was my true size they crushed my toes, no way id be able to wear all day. Found this also problematic with NB models in general, so I went half up which I started doing in all NBs. Possible that I misjudged my sizing, but I'm still going half up from other brands, or true to vans and nike models. Heard a lot of the big feeling was due to the synthetic mesh used in the heelcup, which doesnt grip the heel like the classic NB fabric or leather.

Too grown to know what leather is. I’ve got a leather belt I wear with slacks to work😂

Someone take these off my hands. 7.5 from YCMC restock a few days ago (Saturday). I was able to hit on my actual size of these and the shadows over the past couple days.

Attachments

• 65B9DF61-EFDB-4123-81F9-5128A01773E1.jpeg
    65B9DF61-EFDB-4123-81F9-5128A01773E1.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 225
The 998’s are more firm in the midsole than I expected. The forefoot is a bit softer but the heel (where the Absorb logo is) is hard. I thought it was supposed to be a soft midsole all around? Or is the forefoot the only Absorb part?

I’m pretty sure these are authentic...
Sadly this has happened more recently with newer models- I do believe with wear they should soften up.

Sadly this has happened more recently with newer models- I do believe with wear they should soften up.

Thank you, had me worried! I have the 997S and the Absorb in those was soft (but firm) right out of the box. The RevLite on my 597 is the same, more firm than the 997S but has more a little more give than the 998. I think mine were released in 2018:

F931CD91-3F19-4DF7-9080-3F6494881C86.jpeg

F3D2D6E2-189C-4714-A093-0957EFD2CE91.jpeg

3CE22DF0-ACFC-44BC-9AEC-F81905111228.jpeg

Last edited:

I hate the N on this model

Back
Top Bottom