Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Quality pick ups! Those 990v1 are calling me, I keep resisting but I think I may cave. I don't need them but can't resist a good quality (except for the unlucky dude with the removable tongue! ha) grey pair of NB.

My older pair desperately needed to be replaced. Wasn’t crazy about the red/v1 tag but it’s grown on me
Sheesh those V1 look soo good. I jumped on NB right at launch and was like 1300 in line..
I lucked out with the feature draw. First time ever hitting with them. Happy I did. Tried on NB.com and was placed in a 15 minute queue. Can’t believe V1’s are hyped.

Todays delivery, really feeling these.
20210623_160303.jpg

Unpopular opinion but some of these new balance collabs are totally unnecessary.
I.e. Bape. If you’re an avid lover of A Bathing Ape, highly unlikely that you love new balance too and vice versa.
Not saying that person doesn’t exist but that demographic is very small. Idk, I feel like new balance and just sneaker brands in general have just been collaborating for the sake of collaborating.

I can’t wait til teddy starts running things and hopefully puts an end to these mindless collaborations.

Unpopular opinion but some of these new balance collabs are totally unnecessary.
I.e. Bape. If you’re an avid lover of A Bathing Ape, highly unlikely that you love new balance too and vice versa.
Not saying that person doesn’t exist but that demographic is very small. Idk, I feel like new balance and just sneaker brands in general have just been collaborating for the sake of collaborating.

I can’t wait til teddy starts running things and hopefully puts an end to these mindless collaborations.

bape new balance is a fire as hell collab and I am more than happy to have taken part lol

uhhh thats part of the point of these collabs. finding a new demographic that likely wasn't interested in your products but now is because of the collab.
yea no doubt, i get that part. it just seems forced. where as the ALD collabs mesh well because it compliments the clothes ALD puts out. the jjjjound collabs match jjjjound's aesthetic. imo nb didn't need to do this collab, bape needed it more. bapes been kinda mid for a while now and nothing special about a bape collab nowadays, as they'll collab with just about anyone. as someone who really appreciates new balance as a brand, like most of us in here, i just would like to see them be a little more selective that's all.
23 year old me woulda loved this collab by the way. now that i'm older, not so much.

I have absolutely no doubt there’s a lot of NB / Bape crossover in Japan
i would like to see some fit pics of New Balance x Bape if you got it. Most of the fit pics i see from the japanese, they pair bape mainly with adidas or nike, or older bape. From what i've come across , NB gets paired more with mastermind, visvim, and brands with a minimal aesthetic. Japanese, or asians in general love our made in usa 99X series. They charge close to 38,843.00 yen for 990v4s

Based off his role/title, Teddy wouldn’t have been able to stop the Bape collab. I don’t think he’s going to be the omnipotent force you’re hoping for. He’s creative director of Made in USA. Flimby and made in Asia won’t fall under his umbrella.
Im personally not a fan of Bape or the 2002 silhouette but I get the reasoning behind it.
Expanding their market awareness/appeal.

Last edited:
i've been getting quite unlucky with my pickups these days... bodegas came in with heels crooked and short. might seem minor but man, for the price it's a bit frustrating. i've had this same uneven heel issue on a pair of the navy 574 by TDS, a maroon 550, and a pair of M990XG2. Also a few pairs of 992's from last year with some weird protrusion in the right forefoot and they all went back. the quality has definitely taken a hit since all the hype and the pandemic which is a bit disappointing especially in regards to the made lines. was pretty pumped for these and now i have to figure out how to swap them. sucks that their qc seems to be going the way of nike.

PXL_20210624_075150391.MP.jpg

Based off his role/title, Teddy wouldn’t have been able to stop the Bape collab. I don’t think he’s going to be the omnipotent force you’re hoping for. He’s creative director of Made in USA. Flimby and made in Asia won’t fall under his umbrella.
Im personally not a fan of Bape, or the 2002 silhouette but I get the reasoning behind it.
Expanding their market awareness/appeal.

Oh okay, got it. Yea I’m definitely not mad at them expanding their brand awareness. At the end of the day it’s a business and they gotta bring in more revenue yoy. I’m still gonna just cop what I like and wear what I like, just hope NB doesn’t let this get outta hand.

Oh okay, got it. Yea I’m definitely not mad at them expanding their brand awareness. At the end of the day it’s a business and they gotta bring in more revenue yoy. I’m still gonna just cop what I like and wear what I like, just hope NB doesn’t let this get outta hand.

I get where you’re coming from. This NB hype won’t last forever and it seems like they’re just trying to capitalize. Look at ultra boost 5 years ago compared to the current popularity. The kids will eventually move on.

Back
Top Bottom