Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

A few shots of the jjjjounds I took when they came in.

DA78EBDD-29BA-4288-9AC4-232BC6F46B24.jpeg
53F6C9A7-EDCF-42D0-A45D-F137748144B7.jpeg
205489C9-0094-4AB2-93D5-08D66C1A871D.jpeg

The more photos of jjjjounds I see, the more underwhelmed I am. But I'm sure they'll look cool once worn in with that faded navy patina, my guess is that was their intention with them.

The more photos of jjjjounds I see, the more underwhelmed I am. But I'm sure they'll look cool once worn in with that faded navy patina, my guess is that was their intention with them.
good take. i don't care for them but, i never thought about that.

Its an underwhelming shoe and no fadedness is gonna save them. If anything them being underwhelming was their intention.

My point is it’s a ugly/corny novelty that has no purpose of being on a shoe. For a company that does dabble in trail running and what not at least make it a useful novelty. Instead of something a bunch of hypebeast want to put their lips around
I respect your opinion but, i mean it's a shoe design 🤷‍♂️. I have seen way more corny "try-hard" design elements on brands including New Balance. It's 2021 and so much has been done with shoes it can be difficult to make a unique product that has some functional and aesthetic appeal. I appreciate the things Salehe has done in sneaker design including the whistle. It's weird and every time i see someone blow the whistle on a review i laugh....its just weird....puckering your lips up to a shoe :rofl: . Actual outdoors enthusiast won't be buying this shoe. They will have real gear. But, for SNEAKER enthusiasts this is good enough. I will say this.....my intro to a lot of things I like now started with a sneaker. ACG got me into hiking but, i would not wear most modern ACG gear on a hike. At least not a real hike. Maybe this shoe with it's corny whistle will be the gateway for some of us to get into actual outdoors activities. Can't be made at Salehe for that. Definitely a bit more gimmicky than we are used to for a New Balance shoe but, it aint too crazy.

I respect your opinion but, i mean it's a shoe design 🤷‍♂️. I have seen way more corny "try-hard" design elements on brands including New Balance. It's 2021 and so much has been done with shoes it can be difficult to make a unique product that has some functional and aesthetic appeal. I appreciate the things Salehe has done in sneaker design including the whistle. It's weird and every time i see someone blow the whistle on a review i laugh....its just weird....puckering your lips up to a shoe :rofl: . Actual outdoors enthusiast won't be buying this shoe. They will have real gear. But, for SNEAKER enthusiasts this is good enough. I will say this.....my intro to a lot of things I like now started with a sneaker. ACG got me into hiking but, i would not wear most modern ACG gear on a hike. At least not a real hike. Maybe this shoe with it's corny whistle will be the gateway for some of us to get into actual outdoors activities. Can't be made at Salehe for that. Definitely a bit more gimmicky than we are used to for a New Balance shoe but, it aint too crazy.
I don’t man I guess kids/hypebeast these days need some sort of oral fixation on hand/foot at all times. From someone that knows a thing or two about safety and outdoors it just comes across as incredibly stupid/completely unnecessary but hey I guess that’s what gets people going these days.

Safety tools such as a whistle on a backpack arent even marketed as a feature most of the time. Most hikers actually find this oit after years of owning a backpack. Honestly a built in compass compartment would be much more useful/still make people go nuts over nothing

when did nb become the glue company. just got my 990v3s and they got globs of glue on the midsole.

when did nb become the glue company. just got my 990v3s and they got globs of glue on the midsole.
They are rushing everything, putting out too many pairs when they couldn’t even keep up with demand before. Take a look at the 992 European release. Nearly all boutiques recalled pairs and sent them back because glue stains were so bad.

I don’t man I guess kids/hypebeast these days need some sort of oral fixation on hand/foot at all times. From someone that knows a thing or two about safety and outdoors it just comes across as incredibly stupid/completely unnecessary but hey I guess that’s what gets people going these days.

Safety tools such as a whistle on a backpack arent even marketed as a feature most of the time. Most hikers actually find this oit after years of owning a backpack. Honestly a built in compass compartment would be much more useful/still make people go nuts over nothing
Yeah, i think you are taking this much further than it was intended given your involvement in actual safety products. if salehe was marketing these as "safety shoes" then i could understand your issue a bit more. but, it's clearly a gimmick. a functual, potentially useful gimmick. But a gimmick nonetheless. If you watch the "commercial" you can tell it's more about art then functionality. That's how modern fashion works. We are many many decades away from articles of clothing being marketed purely for their intended use. Down filled jackets had specific use. Now it's just how coats are made. having a sued or leather patch had a specific use on hunting jackets. It was to reinforce the shoulder for the gun strap being carried. Now you see these patches on jacket shoulders purely for style. It's just how it is. I bought these to save my outfit, not to save my life lol. I would consider myself as far from a hypebeast but, if that makes me a hypebeast that's cool i guess. The older i get, i just see things like these as an opportunity to educate rather than just frustrate me. You sound like you have a ton of knowledge about outdoors safety products. These are an open door for you to educate your fellow sneaker enthusiasts on that real real.

They are rushing everything, putting out too many pairs when they couldn’t even keep up with demand before. Take a look at the 992 European release. Nearly all boutiques recalled pairs and sent them back because glue stains were so bad.
so bizarre man. would never think nb would come to this.

always been that way for me. i mean not goo gobs of glue but i got 990v3s from the OG run and there was noticeable glue on those. But they still held up and the suede was buttery

so bizarre man. would never think nb would come to this.
its a world wide issue. everybody is struggling. I work in a non related field but some of our products are upstream in shoe manufacturing. shipping and labor are huge issues for everyone and lot of industries are struggling behind it.

its a world wide issue. everybody is struggling. I work in a non related field but some of our products are upstream in shoe manufacturing. shipping and labor are huge issues for everyone and lot of industries are struggling behind it.
yea man this is true. quality usually slips when there's deadlines. I know I cut corners all the time lol

Its an underwhelming shoe and no fadedness is gonna save them. If anything them being underwhelming was their intention.

That's what I actually love about them, it's a bit norm-core. First, its a new V4 I can get now :wink: and second it's a clean and simple colourway, no loud labels anywhere, no lairy colour combos or whistles on the back or any of that **** lol.

Yeah, i think you are taking this much further than it was intended given your involvement in actual safety products. if salehe was marketing these as "safety shoes" then i could understand your issue a bit more. but, it's clearly a gimmick. a functual, potentially useful gimmick. But a gimmick nonetheless. If you watch the "commercial" you can tell it's more about art then functionality. That's how modern fashion works. We are many many decades away from articles of clothing being marketed purely for their intended use. Down filled jackets had specific use. Now it's just how coats are made. having a sued or leather patch had a specific use on hunting jackets. It was to reinforce the shoulder for the gun strap being carried. Now you see these patches on jacket shoulders purely for style. It's just how it is. I bought these to save my outfit, not to save my life lol. I would consider myself as far from a hypebeast but, if that makes me a hypebeast that's cool i guess. The older i get, i just see things like these as an opportunity to educate rather than just frustrate me. You sound like you have a ton of knowledge about outdoors safety products. These are an open door for you to educate your fellow sneaker enthusiasts on that real real.
If your falling for a gimmicky/limited product that is completely unnecessary and wouldn’t sell without a big name behind it, you are a hypebeast. Which seems to be the case.

A few generations away from clothes being marketed for intended use? Most brands are very straightforward. Most webs sites even have an “intended” use filter.

The problem is streetwear/high fashion would rather create fomo and market stupid products. Consumers are so caught up in hype and getting everything as soon as possible they buy blindly. Boutiques thrive off of lack of transparency, backdooring and creating fake buzz.

hell yes that's a deal - when this happens with nike all they do is offer a refund
I mean you are just getting milked for more money. ALD early access is essentially just to get a count for how many they need to produce.

If you know a thing about safety and the outdoors then you know having a whistle on a shoe is better than no whistle at all. Ive said this already and no reply from you the first time but I get it, nothing you can really say to that.

Back
Top Bottom