Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

IMG_6723.jpeg

If I continue to moss on da baklavas those might be might first and only V6's...unless something blows me away. (And even though I told myself i wasnt paying resell on anything this year which I already did on da SB4's* which were my anniversary gift and supreme/ born and raised (birthday gift to myself and from da wife) depending on how that goes I'm seriously considering going da resell route on said baklavas) let's see how this month ends on da financials

i love the colorblocking on new kith 998, but the shape drives me nuts. is it a updated sole they are using? the heel portion sticks out too much and the shape of the uppers are weird. if i did not know better they seem like china made 998 for shape and miusa materials. i hit on both and now wish i did not even put in for the raffle.
those new teddy 998 look better imo, we will see once in hand.

GRs look like the same shape as the Aarons. Not the 998s I fell in love with. Maybe they’re closer to OGs? Who can verify?

i love the colorblocking on new kith 998, but the shape drives me nuts. is it a updated sole they are using? the heel portion sticks out too much and the shape of the uppers are weird. if i did not know better they seem like china made 998 for shape and miusa materials. i hit on both and now wish i did not even put in for the raffle.
I asked about this a while back because I got 2 pair of the KI1 and each had a different midsole and different upper shape. The conclusion was that they came from different factories indicated by the code on the tag. I think its interesting all the new FLW pairs have the same shape and not mixed like the KI1. Some people also said the midsole with the protruding heel is how the shape use to be. I don't like how the heel sticks out either but I do like the shape of the upper more on my pair that sticks out. its a lot slimmer and the toe shape is more aggressive. I also dug up this comparison pic APLUS APLUS posted when I originally asked about this. I'd like to know why NB uses 2 shapes seemingly randomly. Its disappointing NB seems to be going with this shape moving forward.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 1.14.35 PM.png

IMG_8085.JPG

heel.jpeg

It’s probably a wrap on the old sole shape unfortunately.

Even the TD joints got some “poke”
52836925926_cc74009aeb_c.jpg

I asked about this a while back because I got 2 pair of the KI1 and each had a different midsole and different upper shape. The conclusion was that they came from different factories indicated by the code on the tag. I think its interesting all the new FLW pairs have the same shape and not mixed like the KI1. Some people also said the midsole with the protruding heel is how the shape use to be. I don't like how the heel sticks out either but I do like the shape of the upper more on my pair that sticks out. its a lot slimmer and the toe shape is more aggressive. I also dug up this comparison pic APLUS APLUS posted when I originally asked about this. I'd like to know why NB uses 2 shapes seemingly randomly. Its disappointing NB seems to be going with this shape moving forward.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 1.14.35 PM.png

IMG_8085.JPG

heel.jpeg
I noticed the same thing looking at different listings on eBay. I believe this was the last 998 to release before they went in hiatus so maybe they were trying the new mold? Been trying to track these down forever. I also noticed the sole is thinner in the forefoot in the pairs with the extended heel counter.

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing looking at different listings on eBay. I believe this was the last 998 to release before they went in hiatus so maybe they were trying the new mold? Been trying to track these down forever. I also noticed the sole is thinner in the forefoot in the pairs with the extended heel counter.
I think it was the last release also. Maybe the powder blue kith 998s were after? I can't remember. the sole is def thinner in the forefoot and its noticeable on foot imo. Not the same feel as the other midsole. 998s don't have the most cushion but the thin midsole doesn't feel as comfortable.

My FLW 998s just came in and definitely the same midsole as one of my dusty pink kith's. Also from the same factory, LOC: S The "traditional" shape 998 is from LOC: N the shape isn't as good on these as the older pairs with the same midsole though.

Side note, What's up with these thin *** laces with the FLW? Never seen these on a MiUSA pair.
IMG_8545.JPG

IMG_8546.JPG

sh.png

Back
Top Bottom