Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Did the original link posted here with “add to cart” option. Payment pending on CC for ALD charge. Got the email and clicked the link to see “reserve pair” instead of add to cart. I’m not going to risk doing it twice.

I can't see these not being shipped out within a cpl weeks or so. No way they're gonna hold ppl's money for too long. I'm just curious why they're waiting to drop these to public NEXT YEAR with all the teasers/pics and now the reserving happening NOW.

How long was it between the time the 827s were raffled and when they shipped out?

Super weird for ALD to announce an early release for a shoe meant to release next year. So anyone who doesn’t reserve a pair now, there’s still a chance to cop a pair next year.

Super weird for ALD to announce an early release for a shoe meant to release next year. So anyone who doesn’t reserve a pair now, there’s still a chance to cop a pair next year.

well think of it this way. They now know exactly how many orders/shoes they need to make. You could just make 100 pairs and make it super exclusive or make a few thousand pairs. I don’t know when they are announcing “winners” and refunding those that lost but if they are holding on to the money, not only do they know how many to make, they are using the customers money to pay for them, they don’t have to put any money/take on any risk. Plus make a few thousand dollars in interest in the meantime. I’m assuming that they are taking the money now, I don’t know if they are refunding people that don’t win in the next few days.

Have a feeling that after they sift through the invalid entries, those left will be entered into a raffle

well think of it this way. They now know exactly how many orders/shoes they need to make. You could just make 100 pairs and make it super exclusive or make a few thousand pairs. I don’t know when they are announcing “winners” and refunding those that lost but if they are holding on to the money, not only do they know how many to make, they are using the customers money to pay for them, they don’t have to put any money/take on any risk. Plus make a few thousand dollars in interest in the meantime. I’m assuming that they are taking the money now, I don’t know if they are refunding people that don’t win in the next few days.
^^^That makes sense. But im pretty sure that the shoes are already in production. New Balance production is usually low for collabs (200 to 500 pairs).

13891170-8121-4442-9E9C-4CA47474EE9D.jpeg

I got the email from Aime, and it states:

"ALL RESERVED PAIRS WILL BE DELIVERED IN ADVANCE OF THE PUBLIC SS21 PROJECT RELEASE."

To me that means we are getting them sooner than later. It wouldn't make sense to start marketing or preorders now unless they were releasing sooner. Or if they were a video game in development or movie releasing next Spring.

EDIT: not even sure what I just wrote LOL Hope you got the point!

I got the email from Aime, and it states:

"ALL RESERVED PAIRS WILL BE DELIVERED IN ADVANCE OF THE PUBLIC SS21 PROJECT RELEASE."

To me that means we are getting them sooner than later. It wouldn't make sense to start marketing or preorders now unless they were releasing sooner. Or if they were a video game in development or movie releasing next Spring.

EDIT: not even sure what I just wrote LOL Hope you got the point!

Could mean a week before the official release :lol:
That way everybody can show off on IG and build the hype for their official release :lol:

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to take reservations now and not ship them until next year unless they are being made to order which given the number of emails that went out is a possibility. I’m sure we’ll find out the plan by next week.

If there's anything this ALD drop has taught me, it's to check the box that subscribes to newsletters when setting up accounts instead of opting out :lol:

Still ain't gon do it though :emoji_grin:

Didn't read the email so signed up for each shoe separately (same email). Probably excludes me from the raffle, oh well. I don't need another pink shoe.

Browns has a raffle for JJJJounds.

Awesome to see some more raffles for EU. I didn’t enter the GoodHood one because it looked like it was wanting payment on the front end which I’m just not okay with.

Which leads me to my second topic, this ALD stuff seems like a mess and I’m glad I don’t really seem to have a hankering (yet) for any of the 1xxx models. I can’t imagine paying and waiting weeks? Months? For something/to find out if I’m even able to purchase something.

The only people allowed to take my money and make me wait months for my shoes work at StockX!! lol

Back
Top Bottom