Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Originally Posted by jamesyo

there is another colourway with burgundy instead of black, also all leather. i'm sure someone told me they were size? exclusives. i'll try to locate a picture. and yeah, the quality of uk NB's used to be second to none

I know the burgundy ones. I have a pair on ice. You've got some high standards for New Balance.

i think the colette 1's are one of the ugliest uk made nb's ever. but to each their own.

and as for standards, when the quality of a product is the thing the company prides themselves on and is one of the main things that drew me to the brand, it is quite disheartening to see them being careless, cutting corners and sacrificing quality to put out another collab to capitalise on the current hype. but hey, i'm sure others have no problems with it.

These are old M996. These are done repair of in new balance JAPAN.
c5326005ac38942b591e723e317cffe116680508_r.GIF

BLACK / GOLD mesh

GRAY mesh

nice to see you here taicho! there has been some killer 996's and 997's on yahoo lately. shame the majority are unwearable

I've been doing a search on the internet, but my google skills seem to be failing me. Did the Pub Pack ever release? Solebox seemed to indicate it'd be coming out in July, but we're here at the end and I haven't seen any release info or even a sold out page. I was totally looking into getting at least the Red Lion colorway, but I don't know if I missed the boat or if they never came out.

As far as I know the pub pack has not released yet.  
The last I heard was this "coming soon" news post from Hanon back in June. 

http://www.hanon-shop.com/xnews.php?newsid=503

Incidentally, I just received this pair of 577 from Hanon and they look completely different in person.  They're still nice, but the gray is much darker and the navy blue is almost black. 

yeah its my stuff. just letting go of a few things i dont wear. trying to hang onto the essentials haha. sold off more stuff than i like to think about this year
frown.gif

Dope stuff jamesyo, I'd love a pair of those Black Swords! I remember reading somewhere they only went up to 12 so I'm probably out of luck.

I'm somewhat new to New Balance, but I bought a pair of M996 a couple of months ago, a few pairs of M1300JP, and just got  a pair of 1500MSB and the quality of the materials on all of them is crazy! I'm definitely a convert and will be closely following the upcoming releases from NB.

good pairs to start with. im pissed i missed out on the 1300jp's but i gotta have my priorities in order, and i dont exactly have boatloads of cash to splash around now that i dont live at home and am onlyworking 2 nights a week while studying.

you may be able to squeeze into a pair of 12's SD, remembering that 12 in 577s is like a 12.5 in dunks...

Hi, I got a question. What are some good NB shoes for a newb to start out with. Been slowly liking NB, and I want to start getting a pair or two.
Are the 576s good? What others? Thanks

576, 577, 670, and 1300 are where I would recommend starting. Stick to made in UK and your feet (and eyeballs) will thank you.
Pub Pack 576s release this Saturday. 

Originally Posted by PiNoypi

Hi, I got a question. What are some good NB shoes for a newb to start out with. Been slowly liking NB, and I want to start getting a pair or two.

Post flicks of your New Bal's once you start coppin.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Originally Posted by PiNoypi

Post flicks of your New Bal's once you start coppin.

For sure, just gotta decide on what to get. And thanks dadbath for your suggestions. But I think I'll get a pair of 1500s just cus I like the shape of them

Originally Posted by dadbath

576, 577, 670, and 1300 are where I would recommend starting. Stick to made in UK and your feet (and eyeballs) will thank you.
Pub Pack 576s release this Saturday. 

ah the stigma of "uk or die"
laugh.gif

maybe its a good thing, people will leave the dope late 90's/early 00's stuff alone
happy.gif
at least you didn't say 1500's
laugh.gif

Ordered a pair of the Royal Oak colorway from hanon-shop, they don't seem to offer them in a US 11 though so I went up a half size. Hope my shoes don't end up all jacked up.

Originally Posted by jamesyo

you may be able to squeeze into a pair of 12's SD, remembering that 12 in 577s is like a 12.5 in dunks...
Thanks for the tip jamesyo, there may be hope after all!

dadbath - Pub pack is cool, but not for me. Never been a fan of dress-shoe type leather on sneakers, although I'm sure they're quality.

PumpLance - Saw those Undefeated Sonic Weld 574s. Nice as well, but not sure about the cotton-jersey material.

Originally Posted by nikefiend68

anyone own the 2002?  is it worth the money?

Probably not worth the $250 but it's a beautiful shoe.  

I wanna hear from anyone who owns it too.

I still remember when I bought the 2001s about 7 years ago on sale at finish line.  Even at 35% off they were still $140 with Chicago tax, but I've always liked Made in USAs after my first pair which were the 999s (they need to be retroed in grey suede).

Cheapest I've seen 2002s so far is about $170 on amazon a couple of weeks ago when there was a 25% off combined with $20 off $80 promotion.  Anywhere under $150 in my size from a reputable company and I'm probably buying...

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by nikefiend68

anyone own the 2002?  is it worth the money?

Probably not worth the $250 but it's a beautiful shoe.  

I wanna hear from anyone who owns it too.

I still remember when I bought the 2001s about 7 years ago on sale at finish line.  Even at 35% off they were still $140 with Chicago tax, but I've always liked Made in USAs after my first pair which were the 999s (they need to be retroed in grey suede).

Cheapest I've seen 2002s so far is about $170 on amazon a couple of weeks ago when there was a 25% off combined with $20 off $80 promotion.  Anywhere under $150 in my size from a reputable company and I'm probably buying...

They didn't even makes em in my size
ohwell.gif

Sucks cuz I got my 2000's and 2001's for less than 75 (ebay)

They look like they have softer cushioning than the 2001. One thing I love about the 2001 is cushioning, it isn't soft, but it's not as hard as a support shoe like the 586

Back
Top Bottom