OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

yo i hope its gus johnson tonight instead of breen please, btw i need a knicks sig anyone?

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Mardy Collins is overrated?...i never hear anybody even talk about Mardy Collins, lol...the only time his name ever made the news was when carmelo hit him and ran away...

Anyway, hope this is a good yr for the knicks, even though its been tough the last few years, they actually have been an entetaining team coming back from down 20 every 3rd quarter....hopefully this yr will be a little different

Quote:
Yea, i wanna start my own little thing if I'm home, I'll wear the shorts during every game. :lol:
laugh.gif

:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

It'll be interesting to see how shot attempts are spread out. Eddy hasn't got any touches in the first 5 minutes of this game. All these players like to shoot.

Defensively, they aren't strong in the frontcourt or the backcourt. This team has gotta run and outscore teams, and I think they can do it versus most of the East.

KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

I agree. I only watched the game till the 3rd Quarter. I don't know what to think about this team. They have a lot of doubters and hope they can overcome it. They need to play inspired and play some defense while they're at it. Learn to hold a lead! I'm going to the home opener on Sunday and I'll be wearing my Lee jersey. GO KNICKS!
TEAM
Google​
We're Feeling Lucky​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

looks like isiah wants steph to shoot more this year.. i kinda agree, because that's when steph is most effective. he just has to find the right balance..

from Newsday..

Quote:
Thomas may have shifted the focus of the offense away from Marbury and to Curry and Randolph, but Marbury still is a critical element of making it work. It's not about dribbling the ball up the floor, passing it and then disappearing. It's about finding the best shot -- his or someone else's -- within the offensive set.

Desperate for a good start, Thomas could plant Marbury on the bench again if things don't work out, especially with the vastly improved Nate Robinson almost ready to emerge from the understudy role.

Marbury's career statistics (19.9 points, 7.9 assists) indicate an ability to be both a scorer and a distributor. But last season he seemed to struggle with Thomas' new emphasis on an inside-out game. Marbury's ability to shoot the ball makes him a perfect pick-and-roll player for someone like Randolph, who also is a very good mid-range shooter. The two could play a two-man game the way Marbury did with Kevin Garnett in their Minnesota days.

That was a decade ago, of course, but if the Knicks want to get anything out of the immovable $20 million they're paying Marbury this season, they have to hope they see more of that player who emerged by the middle of last season as both a distributor and a scorer, and perhaps more importantly, a defensively focused player.

"He's a great player," Thomas said. "In order for us to be effective, he's got to take shots that are available. When those shots are open, he's got to take those shots. In the preseason, he and Jamal passed up those shots. I'm not expecting them to pass up shots now that the regular season started."

This week, Marbury vowed he won't. "When I'm aggressive, it just opens things up for the other players," he said, "as opposed to last year when I was sitting back."

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

we should have won that game, crawford and eddy should have been playing the begining of the 4th

Game was allright last night some notes...

We did three things horrible and that lost us the game. We could not hit freethrows for @#%$ Z Bo and EC were :x
sick.gif
. We could not grab a @#%$ defensive board off the 1st oppurtunity word to Eddy @#%$ Curry. Amd we could not guard the perimeter just like last year. Word to we need to get Ron Artest here ASAP.

Some other notes though...

Sure Stephon had a rough night, but he showed me still how good he can be. He needs to get ti the hoop more, his 1st step was dynamite and every time he drove he had a nice layup althouh he missed 2 of them.

Randolph was a sick aquisition. People who compare this guy to curry do not know what the @#%$ they are talking about. These 2 cannot have more different games. Cury is a blackhole down low, while Z Bo has a Channing Frye-esque (probably better) but unlike Frye he has better handles and is not at all soft. He can also play inside, but unlike Curry he husstles and is a good defender and fights for boards.

Eddy curry needs to @#%$ hussle out there. Holy @#%$ there was a couple of plays that i saw, where he would not even move for the @#%$ rebound. :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif

Crawford will be :pimp:
pimp.gif
this year, and Nate will (if he already hasnt) step up his game big time as well.

Peremeter D has haunted us for the past 3 or so years. We need Artest now while he is easy to get, before it is to late and he goes elsewhere.

EDIT:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

I was disgusted with how we played the 4th

we were a better team and let it get away
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

eddy was doing his thing tho. the guards just get "comfortable" and stop passing him the ball.

balkman picked up three early fouls, he was done since quater 2, bron had him beat bad a few plays early on, pause.

we looked just like we did last year in that 4th quater. we need to defend the three ball better, it kills us EVERYTIME.

^^^^RON ARTEST...
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

these damn close games always kills me inside...

i can't believe we let out our season opener slip away like that.

We were leading for mostly the entire game, and then let it slip away..

I swear if this trend continues, I'm going to go bald in 3 years.
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^^^Jared is out

We need Artest now if we want to step our game up to the next level, he brings exactly what we are lacking right now. He can play D and is tough but is also a very good offensive weapon as well.

We shoulda won that opening game but we let it slip, but we gonna bounce back 2m and beat Minny.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

whoa i just read that ron artest was this close to getting traded to the lakers in a 3 way involvin kobe and ben gordon
IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS, I'M BACK NT..IM me at SEAN P c0mbs

^^^H will probably be out soon, cause without him right now guys at his position who are younger and cheaper John Salmons and Fransisco Garcia have been stepping it up big time, the Knicks need to get in on the Artest trade rumors.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Back
Top Bottom