OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

My dream lineup would be:

PG- Crawford SG-Ill Will SF-Gallo PF-Zbo C-David Lee
Thrill at the 2? I don't know about alladat.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

When did the Knicks get Will Bynum???

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

My dream lineup would be:

PG- Crawford SG-Ill Will SF-Gallo PF-Zbo C-David Lee
Thrill at the 2? I don't know about alladat.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

When did the Knicks get Will Bynum???

nerd.gif

DCAllAmerican/Did someone say Will Bynum?!?!/DCAllAmerican

i agree with worldbe, wat are these charity moves about....(houston and ewing) make a basketball move...instead of takin a chance on livngston this is wat weredoin.

I'm sorry I have no hopes for this year. I just don't see one thing to really be positive about. I think this is the least excited I have ever beengoing into a Knicks season. C'mon guys we are getting excited about Allen Houston who hasn't played in three years. I am a knicks fan but I can'tfake enthusiasm. D'antoni is a great coach no denying that fact but if he has no parts to work with.

I know you guys are going to say have some faith but this decade of knicks basketball has turned me into a pessimist (being a mets an obv doesn't helpeither). It is hard to get excited for a team when the high point of the season for me is the lottery. I don't hate everyone on this team. I like Chandler,Lee, I think Qrich will have a good year, Im excited to see Gallinari but these are small wins.

^^this uy actually makes a good amount of sense. I still like Houston and Jr. and i think they can play their roles but it is kind of a charity move but inthis case i think both of them are good enough to contribute. And i mean I'm not enthused for the season either i know we gonna suck i think mostlyeveryone on here does but we still gonna back outr team and pay attention to them no matter what and hope that they get better. But yeah i know what you meanbut im still gonna wacth and back my Knicks.

We really need to cut Collins and i hope we increase Nasty Nate's roll in this system i think he can kill it with his improvement especially in this systemcause no one is more explosive than him.

And wilson chandler is ill will #%*# Bynum, my man is getting MIP this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does anyone know what exactly the rule is that's prohibiting Jeffries from giving Allan Houston his number back? Thanks in advance!

^^ Some nonsense rule by David Stern where player's can't change jersey numbers (jersey sales-related, I guess)...it's the same rule that preventedDorell Wright from giving up his #1 to Penny Hardaway last year (and why Penny had to wear #7 with the Heat).

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I'm sorry I have no hopes for this year. I just don't see one thing to really be positive about. I think this is the least excited I have ever been going into a Knicks season. C'mon guys we are getting excited about Allen Houston who hasn't played in three years. I am a knicks fan but I can't fake enthusiasm. D'antoni is a great coach no denying that fact but if he has no parts to work with.

I know you guys are going to say have some faith but this decade of knicks basketball has turned me into a pessimist (being a mets an obv doesn't help either). It is hard to get excited for a team when the high point of the season for me is the lottery. I don't hate everyone on this team. I like Chandler, Lee, I think Qrich will have a good year, Im excited to see Gallinari but these are small wins.
Dude I dont think any Knick fan should have any bit of hope for this year. I expect nothing...the only thing any true realistic Knick fan shouldexpect this year is development of the young players. I gotta defend some of my fellow Knick fans on here. I don't think that fans are excited aboutHouston but I think they realize he can be a positive influence on the team and provides us with a shooter off the bench. Nobody expects Houson in his primebut his ability to shoot is better than Jerome James, Jared Jeffries or even Mardy Collins on this roster right now.

If you look at the Knicks for what they are there is no need to be excited. The Knicks are what they are...they are not a playoff team. All I am looking forthis season is progress. Thats not low expectations....just being realistic. Every fan should just enjoy the progress of this team and looking for theorganization to make strides. If the Knicks overachieve this year its a plus but I feel like there is no need to be excited or even down on the team rightnow. They are an organization in transition. It is what it is....just enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

^^ Some nonsense rule by David Stern where player's can't change jersey numbers (jersey sales-related, I guess)...it's the same rule that prevented Dorell Wright from giving up his #1 to Penny Hardaway last year (and why Penny had to wear #7 with the Heat).
damn I don't hate Stern that much but that's one rule that's stupid

Originally Posted by Woodside718

jerome a bum? my man got his own 2 min mix, he is far from a bum
eek.gif
they got 2 minutes with Jerome James scoring! All with theKnicks non the less. Man that has to be every one of his plays that he made with the Knicks, dude played 6 mins last year. But from those plays at least hefinishes strong unlike bum +%% Curry and blocks some shots. I bet you that if he gets in shape he might even be better than that bum.
tired.gif

[h1]Jared Jefferies thinking of going into hyperbaric chamber[/h1]
BY MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 10:13 PM

amd_jefferies-practice.jpg
Cairo for News
Jared Jefferies

SARATOGA SPRINGS - The Knicks' Jared Jeffries is hobbling around the Skidmore College gym these days on a broken leg, with the aid of crutches.

So much for Mike D'Antoni's reputation of putting his basketball teams through easy practices.

A day after breaking his left fibula, the Knicks' projected starting center says he could miss two months, but is thinking of going the Terrell Owens recovery route by using a hyperbaric chamber to help accelerate the healing process. He contacted a person connected to the Cowboys' star receiver about using the chamber after finding out the extent of his injury. In that case, he could be back in three weeks.

"We know each other through Brand Jordan (a division of Nike)," Jeffries said. "I texted a contact with them and T.O. had this same injury when he was with Philly. I'm going to get a hyperbaric chamber."

Why not just buy T.O.'s?

"No, I'll buy my own," he said.

Jeffries isn't the only Knick center hurting these days. Eddy Curry still is battling a bacterial infection that threatens to disrupt his entire preseason. He's been a no-show at two-a-days since landing in a local hospital Monday night with a 104-degree fever when the Knicks arrived at their new upstate digs.

"We thought we could bring him over here today," said Knick president Donnie Walsh. "But every time he stands up, he throws up. He isn't at the point where he can stand up and come here. So we're worried about him."

Curry has been bed-ridden and D'Antoni isn't sure when he'll be able to practice for the first time with the team. He's been getting a steady diet of IV's in his hotel room and is under the care of Lisa Callahan, the team physician. Walsh recounted how assistant coach Herb Williams and other team members were needed to carry Curry into the car that took him to the hospital.

"It's good it happened here, because we were able to get him to a hospital," Walsh said. "If he was at home, it might have been worse, because there's nobody around. I want to see the guys that are going to pick this kid up and put him in an ambulance."

Curry has always battled weight and conditioning problems throughout his NBA career. Walsh conceded that this is the kind of setback that could impact his ability to be available when the Knicks open the D'Antoni Era on Oct. 29 at the Garden against Miami.

So if you're keeping score, D'Antoni is down three members of his projected nine-man rotation, with rookie Danilo Gallinari trying to recover from a bulging disk in his back and limited to light work. But you'd never know it from D'Antoni's ever-sunny outlook.

"It would be great to have 'em all and nobody gets hurt all year," he said. "That happens every once in a while, but most teams have guys who go out. We just have to make sure we close ranks. I really hate it for them. But that's life. Their misfortune is somebody else's good luck. They've got to take advantage of the situation and solidify their position on the team."

word?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Jared Jefferies thinking of going into hyperbaric chamber[/h1]
BY MITCH LAWRENCE
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 10:13 PM

amd_jefferies-practice.jpg
Cairo for News
Jared Jefferies

SARATOGA SPRINGS - The Knicks' Jared Jeffries is hobbling around the Skidmore College gym these days on a broken leg, with the aid of crutches.

So much for Mike D'Antoni's reputation of putting his basketball teams through easy practices.

A day after breaking his left fibula, the Knicks' projected starting center says he could miss two months, but is thinking of going the Terrell Owens recovery route by using a hyperbaric chamber to help accelerate the healing process. He contacted a person connected to the Cowboys' star receiver about using the chamber after finding out the extent of his injury. In that case, he could be back in three weeks.

"We know each other through Brand Jordan (a division of Nike)," Jeffries said. "I texted a contact with them and T.O. had this same injury when he was with Philly. I'm going to get a hyperbaric chamber."

Why not just buy T.O.'s?

"No, I'll buy my own," he said.

Jeffries isn't the only Knick center hurting these days. Eddy Curry still is battling a bacterial infection that threatens to disrupt his entire preseason. He's been a no-show at two-a-days since landing in a local hospital Monday night with a 104-degree fever when the Knicks arrived at their new upstate digs.

"We thought we could bring him over here today," said Knick president Donnie Walsh. "But every time he stands up, he throws up. He isn't at the point where he can stand up and come here. So we're worried about him."

Curry has been bed-ridden and D'Antoni isn't sure when he'll be able to practice for the first time with the team. He's been getting a steady diet of IV's in his hotel room and is under the care of Lisa Callahan, the team physician. Walsh recounted how assistant coach Herb Williams and other team members were needed to carry Curry into the car that took him to the hospital.

"It's good it happened here, because we were able to get him to a hospital," Walsh said. "If he was at home, it might have been worse, because there's nobody around. I want to see the guys that are going to pick this kid up and put him in an ambulance."

Curry has always battled weight and conditioning problems throughout his NBA career. Walsh conceded that this is the kind of setback that could impact his ability to be available when the Knicks open the D'Antoni Era on Oct. 29 at the Garden against Miami.

So if you're keeping score, D'Antoni is down three members of his projected nine-man rotation, with rookie Danilo Gallinari trying to recover from a bulging disk in his back and limited to light work. But you'd never know it from D'Antoni's ever-sunny outlook.

"It would be great to have 'em all and nobody gets hurt all year," he said. "That happens every once in a while, but most teams have guys who go out. We just have to make sure we close ranks. I really hate it for them. But that's life. Their misfortune is somebody else's good luck. They've got to take advantage of the situation and solidify their position on the team."
word?
laugh.gif

Tell him to stay there

as much of a bum as jeffries has been since he's been a knick, and seeing how high d'antoni is on him, i would like to see him back asap, especiallysince curry is struggling

No, no you don't. D'antoni likes him because he's Raja Bell like. Except, unlike Raja, Jeffries has never heard of shooting and heart.

^no one has compared him to raja. everything has been talking about d'antoni wanting to use him the same way he used boris diaw. where did you hear theseraja bell comparisons?

Back
Top Bottom