OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Quote:
Most league executives that you speak with are always waiting for Thomas to be fired, and want to discuss the possible replacements at the Garden. Several believe that the Knicks could be the challenge that intrigues ex-Suns owner Jerry Colangelo, and that perhaps, with David Stern's urging, he could be talked into taking over as Knicks president. They wonder, too: Would Colangelo try to free his son, Bryan, out of Toronto to be GM and lure Mike Krzyzewski, his Team USA coach, out of college basketball?

I would LOVE for that to actually happen

What impresses me the most is how Jamals' been playing latly....dude really stepped up and has been doing his thing. But im also happy to see balkman doing his thing too.

If there something we need the most in our team right now. It would be hustle defense. Balkman comes off the bench and gives us that.

Marbury has been playing the way hes playing now for year. A lot of people think that this is something new, but he's been a 20-8 guys all his career.

Z-Bo is being very productive, and i feel he will be the catalyst towards our success for the season. w/o him idk if we would be anywhere. Great to see Francis and Frye doing absolutely nothing.

Eddy Curry also is a key member towards the success of this team. We need him to play harder defense and focus more on his rebounding. If we can get more rebounds off this man, and play harder D. We will have an excellent low post presence.
Team New York
4L8O15S16T23!42
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
how many mins has Stevie got in so far?

Glad to see yalls are finally realizing his true value. You Rockets fans gotta stop living in the past and realize that Stevie is trash now. Adelman is not benching him by accident. He obviously has realized that he is worthless and he has since the moment he came, it was a move simply to raise personnel. Yalls gotta stop chanting for Francis because guys like us knicks fans have watched him suck in NY for the past 2 years and now even your coach realizes that he is trash, he is obviously not that good.
:lol:
laugh.gif
ed, so it is what it is.

Francis is not the player he once was, true, but it's not a bad gig to have him as our 12th guy. All it takes is an injury or two and he'll be back in the mix. :pimp:
pimp.gif

Nevertheless the Rockets are going to be all right.

4-1. This division is stacked. |I
tired.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

i hope steve gets it together, i hate seeing talent go to waste.

lay off the dope steve |I
tired.gif

^^^What talent???? Dude lost it all once his knee blew out on him.
Team New York
4L8O15S16T23!42

the talent he displayed before he and cat spit up, he was on a slight decline before that injury.

the guy isnt emotionally stable.

^^^
It was a VERY dumb trade to get him, and Steve will go down as one of my least favorite Knicks ever but for you dudees to say he had no talent...

SMH, he was an assasin in his early Houston years and he was one of my favorite players. I still feel that if old steve was on the Knicks him and Steph WOULD be the best guard combo in the NBA. If someone were to tell me or anyone back in like 2000 or so, that Marbury (who was on the Wolves) and Francis be the Knicks starting backcourt in like 2006 i would have done backflips.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Another article that is praising Isiah off his rebuilding job with the Knicks and despite the scrutiny creating a young and much improved team since Layden took over.

Glad to see all this hate on the Knicks slowly fading away, and the media finally starting to realize what we have for like 2 or so years. We just need to keep doing our thing, and soon enough all this hate that we had to take all these yearsm, and especially this summer, and all our players (primarily Stephon) hate will fade out for good. I think this will happen, the Knics are young, talented, deep ad tough. I want to @#%$ on some of these @#%$ teams like the Cs and Swamprats primarily. also wanted that win badly vs the Nuggs and we got that :pimp:
pimp.gif
Quote:
t has taken nearly four years, but may Isiah finally have it?

This is probably the most fun Ive had in a long time in a basketball game, said Eddy Curry following the Knicks win on Tuesday versus Denver in a game that had the energy and intensity of the playoffs.

It has been a very long and a very windy road and the road still needs roughly 40 more wins this season and we have seen similar euphoria before, but the Knicks do indeed have a roster that is a legitimate, no-spin, playoff team. Nobody believes they are a guaranteed playoff team, let alone a real Finals contender, but they are unanimously a highly talented team who should make the playoffs.

The roster Thomas inherited from Scott Layden on December 22nd, 2003 was old, expensive and severely lacking in talent.

They were 10-18 and had just gone 0-5 on a West Coast road trip.

This is what their roster looked like:

- Antonio McDyess: He has been a 20 minute-per-night player for the Pistons since 2004.

- Allan Houston: He played 50 games that and only 20 the next and hasnt played an NBA game since, despite his comeback attempt in October.

- Keith Van Horn: He played sparingly for two more seasons and last played in Game 6 of the 2006 Finals with Dallas.

- Dikembe Mutombo: He continues to be Yao Mings backup, playing less than 17 minutes per game.

- Howard Eisley: Last played with the Clippers during the 2005-2006 season.

- Shandon Anderson: Last played for Miami during the 2005-2006 season.

- Charlie Ward: Last played for Houston during the 2004-2005 season.

- Kurt Thomas: He was rarely used by Phoenix and traded to Seattle during the offseason in an 'Isiah' type of deal where Sam Presti received multiple picks for taking on the salary.

- Michael Doleac: He won a ring with Miami in 2006 and was recently traded to Minnesota.

- Clarence Weatherspoon: Baby Barkley last played for Houston during the 2004-2005 season.

- Othella Harrington: Harrington is currently on Charlotte's roster after two seasons in Chicago.

How did Isiah turn this roster into the one we see today?

It surely wasnt by getting under the cap only Jerome James, Jared Jeffries and Randolph Morris were signed via free agency.

It wasnt by playing poorly (aka: lottery tank job) and receiving high draft picks. Sure, they have played poorly and owned the second overall pick in 2006 and the ninth overall in 2007, but those went to Chicago.

Isiah has made just two draft picks using the Knicks own selections (Channing Frye and Trevor Ariza) and neither player is on their roster.

The Knicks have been built by a huge series of trades, where they have taken on other clubs cap responsibilities, high-risk talent and by amassing draft picks in those trades along the way.

Here is the anatomy of the Knicks:

- Keith Van Horn and Michael Doleac are dealt to Milwaukee and became Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed.

- Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, the pick that became Kirk Snyder and another 1st rounder (most likely 2010) then became Stephon Marbury and Anfernee Hardaway.

- Frank Williams, Othella Harrington, Dikembe Mutombo and Cezary Trybanski became Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams.

- Mohammed and Jamison Brewer are dealt to the Spurs for Malik Rose and the pick that became David Lee and the pick that became Mardy Collins.

- Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson became Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson.

- Tim Thomas is traded to the Bulls along with Mike Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, the pick that became Tyrus Thomas and the pick that became Joakim Noah for Eddy Curry, Antonio Davis (who months later became Jalen Rose and the pick that became Renaldo Balkman) and the pick that became Wilson Chandler.

- Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza became Steve Francis, who, along with Channing Frye became Zach Randolph, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau (who became Jared Jordan for a few weeks) and Demetris Nichols (who has since signed with Cleveland and was the subject of fan uproar when he was released).

- Moochie Norris, Vin Baker and the pick that became Steve Novak became Maurice Taylor, who was eventually bought out and is the only move that really didn't accomplish anything.

It has been expensive and they have been ridiculed for it by an excessively cap-conscious NBA, but rebuilding is a four-letter word in New York and with Cablevision resources on hand, it is difficult to imagine how Isiah could have done much better.
Quote:
- Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, the pick that became Kirk Snyder and another 1st rounder (most likely 2010) then became Stephon Marbury and Anfernee Hardaway.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
Quote:
- Frank Williams, Othella Harrington, Dikembe Mutombo and Cezary Trybanski became Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Quote:
- Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson became Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson.

pimp.gif
Quote:
Antonio Davis (who months later became Jalen Rose and the pick that became Renaldo Balkman) and the pick that became Wilson Chandler.

pimp.gif
Quote:
Steve Francis, who, along with Channing Frye became Zach Randolph, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Quote:
- Mohammed and Jamison Brewer are dealt to the Spurs for Malik Rose and the pick that became David Lee and the pick that became Mardy Collins.

pimp.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

^great post :smokin
smokin.gif
isiah has put us in a position to contend now and in the future. tomorrows game is against orlando, the magic have been playing very good lately but we have a lot of momentum carrying over from the denver game. last year curry straight beasted on dwight and don't forget the dunk on darko :lol:
laugh.gif

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

everyone sayin how lopsided zach trade was ... that was the best the blazers could do on draft day. I love zach. i wanted him to stay here in portland but so many people disliked him here cuz of dude getting in trouble all the time. We knew frye was no where near zachs level, but gm pritchard wanted cap space. I think his mission was accomplished. A team of:

PG: Roy
SG: Durant
SF: Webster
PF: Randolph
C: Aldridge

wouldve been amazing

its good to see zach doing well..on my fantasy team as well...its funny how he will get so much hype cuz hes in nyc now...mark him as an all star for sure.

Quote:
everyone sayin how lopsided zach trade was ... that was the best the blazers could do on draft day. I love zach. i wanted him to stay here in portland but so many people disliked him here cuz of dude getting in trouble all the time. We knew frye was no where near zachs level, but gm pritchard wanted cap space. I think his mission was accomplished. A team of:
a frontcourt of Aldridge and Oden. Yes you guys probably regret now that you traded him with Oden injured, but Frye is a nice big man to come off the bench and Francis was put in simply for cap reasons, and you cut him so he would not get in the way with your young core. Portland is my 2nd favorite team because i have always lovd B Roy and Jarret Jack, and i also love Sergio Rodriguez. I think you guys got a good thing going on, and maybe you could have done better for a player of Zach's abilities, but his big contract and his off court issues had teams questioning him. So you basically did the best you could do and not screw up your young core, yes this trade was AMAZING for us, but it was not horrible for you guys either because at the end of the day it is helping young dudes like Aldridge improve and getting Francis out of there is helping your guards improve. But still for a trash player and a horrible player, this trade was a clear steal for us, and reminicent of how we got Latrell Sprewell for less than his worth because he choked his coach, and we need to do the same with Artest if we want to win BIG TIME.

Quote:
the knicks with ron artest= eastern conference champs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
er a scoring threat, our D would be good, and we would have very good D+ energy off the bench, but Artest is a energy+D+scorer all in one and on the 1st team as well, he is meant for NY and we need him now more than ever. This move will put us over the top, but you know what we are in pretty good shape right now anyway. :pimp:
pimp.gif
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

cant wait for the next game
TEAMCOWBOYS
Free BMXDMX​
""
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

:smh:
smh.gif
at the Knicks' second half tonight.

Some notes from the game...

We were really just out played in that second half nothing else more to say. They were shooting better than us, driving better than us, playing down low better than us, defending better than us, and even rebounding better than us + they would not miss 1 damn freethrow.

One positive aspect of the Knicks was that i loved their ball movement mostly in the 1st half, we still did it with relatve success in the second, but we played a balanced offense that got others involved but still focused down low. We were just missing good looks today, and the Magic's D was pretty sick.

Some can stress that the Magic played great D against Curry tonight, but i felt that their best defensive job was on Crawford. Sure this was not his night, but he was still making his open shots and i didnt feel like his touch was off or anything. The Magic just swaamped him on D, every time he touched it. They would get on him and if a pick game, they would adapt and make sure he had no room to do anything with the ball tonight. sure this wasnt Jamal's night overall, but this primarily had to do with the very good defensive job of the Magic, but that stupid @#%$ carries + travels hes been getting called on all season and especially tonight need to go.

4th quater was terrible, there was no energy at all until it was far too late, and once again we were pitiful at guarding the outsid, and in the second quater we left very good shooters open, but they were just missing. Lucky we didnt get blown away than, but there shots were not going to miss forever. They really outplayed us in the 2nd quater it just didnt show on the stat sheet. WE NEED ARTEST!!!!!!

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at Currry. That cannot even describe him right now. Going from his best defensive game EVER to 2 @#%$ rebounds and getting absolutley raped by Dwight on D and even being shut down by Adonel Foyle on offense. 2 @#%$ rebounds, just a reminder fat @#%$ your 7 @#%$ feet, grow some @#%$ nuts immediatley. Holy @#%$. Most pathetic thing i have ever seen dude is terricloth on D and on the boards. My pitch to trade him for some defense mostly on the peremeter aka Artest is officially back on after a 2 days rest.

On a positive...
Z Bo :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tough on D and the boards all day today and his jumper has been DYNOMITE.

pimp.gif
at Gus and Clyde. Gus destroys Breen, he is more entertaining, he does not put down the Knicks, and he is more knowlegable as well, they were entertaining today.

Thats pretty much it, Marbury did ok today (except guarding quick @#%$ Nelson, and Balkman had some nice defensive plays, and oh yeah it looks like we saw a whole different Q Rich tonight, he was htting his shots, and he played his @#%$ off on Lewis in the 1sst half, glad to see him back. :pimp:
pimp.gif
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

i dont know fellas but is it me or the refs giving us bad calls?

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I really wish Zeke would hire Oak, Mase or Pat as advisors on how to BOX OUT.....Dwight is a MAN no doubt, but damn, two dudes 6'9-6'11 260-280 cant prevent a dude gettin 20 boards. Our guards need to play better perimeter D, this team has SOOOO much potential.

R.I.P. - Qbs King32, IM MADDDD, U MADDDD, Dr Fede,Team You're Not Smashing

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

im saying its getting ridiculous now like we got 3 donaghys out there and that stupid travel call on crawford on a move that hes been doing since forever....

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Just wondering.. How's David Lee doing and why are his rebounding numbers are down this season compared to last year?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright
>> Fire Sidney Moncrief ASAP <<

Quote:
With all due respect, I can't stand fans who want "homer" announcers. It's disgusting listening to a game where the announcer BLATANTLY turns a blind eye to anything bad the home team does. Or an announcer who refuses to criticize the home team. Or give props to the away team. Have you ever tried watching a Celtics broadcast?? It's pathetic and sickening.
pimp.gif
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

that was so sloppy last night, i turned it off with about 5 minutes left...those are games we need to have
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Too early in the morning to get into it. Did u even see the game Shuges? Have u watched the Knicks closely the past 5 seasons? Doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom