OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

We will be back
pimp.gif

As far as I'm concerned, we finally hit rock bottom. And it was needed.

In reality, the worst thing we could've done this year would have been playing against the Celtics in the first round 1/8 match up...Isiah would still havehis job and no lottery pick, and we'd be going nowhere.

I like the idea of Jackson now, I've come around on it, simply because...things can't get worse. And if we are committed to rebuilding, he is a youngcoach that is going to see it through.

Walsh wants to let these contracts run out or move them, and that's a great sign too. We haven't been able to bring a big time free agent here since LJand H20.

You don't build teams through trading bad contracts for even worse contracts. We have a guy who seems like he knows what to do now.

It's going to be a long process, the worst part being is that it should have been done 6 years ago.

However now, the 23 wins or 30...whatever we might attain next year...are going to be a lot better to watch. Seeing you guys develop, hopefully players outthere that actually care, maybe defense and ball control and movement actually being stressed.

For all the negatives, they're now in the past.

Time to move forward.
pimp.gif

I do hope, that Dolan, the fans and media understand this and have patience.

While all of us in here are on the same page and understand what needs to be done..

Already tonight I see a post on RealGM asking "Is there anyway to get Gilbert Arenas?"

All I can do is shake my head...some people hate Isiah so much for his moves, but then they retread the same stupid ideas and philosphies that have us in thissituation
tired.gif

Krisp Kicks- you just said everything Allen said in a more verbose manner. And I just contested that on this same page. Thanks though.

Nice vocabulary word
laugh.gif
Am I detecting sarcasm?

I don't really wanna get into an argument since we are all Knick fans and want the best for our team. You must have missed the point though. People withbasketball knowledge know Steph is a lost cause. It's the same one's who say Steph is the man that don't understand why guys like Gerald Greencan't stay on an NBA roster. Marbury's talent isn't even on that level anymore where it's worth it. At this point in his career, best casescenario, he is an average staring PG in the league. Tie that in with all his negative impact, and it's obvious he should be done in NY after this season.

But I just realized my mistake, I didn't read your name.... True 3 Blue...You basically have to support this bum Marbury. So it's all good. I liked himback in the day, so I'll stop hating on your man.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

But I just realized my mistake, I didn't read your name.... True 3 Blue...You basically have to support this bum Marbury. So it's all good. I liked him back in the day, so I'll stop hating on your man.

what does a screen name have to do with supporting someone?

And it might have been sarcastic, but you really did just say what he said.....just basically wrote an essay
grin.gif

Well you are a Marbury fan I'm assuming. #3 and all in the screen name, and your a Knick fan, so it's hard to argue with someone who is a biased fan ofan individual. It's like me telling someone who thinks Serena Williams is pretty that she actually looks like a man, the person who likes her justdoesn't wanna hear it, or doesn't believe it. So this won't really go anywhere. Like I stated in my first post anyway, people who matter inbasketball (gm's, coaches, etc...) agree, Steph is a loser and a team cancer. So rather than get into it with a person who supports the same goal as me,I'll just let it go. The GM's can take care of it, and decide if Steph still can contribute to a winning team.

I'll repeat allen3xis again for you though, anything used to defend a guy like Steph is an excuse. I was trying to think of a more verbose way to statethat, but figured I would just keep it concise this time.

But why would it bother you anyway if I wrote a long essay expanding on what allen3xis said? If you don't like it, then don't read it. Why is itgetting you salty?

lol, the screename has NOTHING to do with Steph

its self explanitory but its clear it flew right over your head:
136064-141-400.jpg

True blue 3s sz 12 anyone
nerd.gif

Its clear every Knick fan has a different opinion on the guy, lets leave it at that. Some have faith, some say he's done, some are somewhere in the greyarea. Im just looking forward to a positive season next year.

Agreed on that. And I myself am surprised I missed the sneaker reference in your screen name. Being in this Knick thread, hearing you defend Steph, I put 2 + 2together but really came up with 5
embarassed.gif
Do you think if the Knicks do draft a PG, hopefully Rose, it would be a good idea to have Steph around?

Well, like Allen said I think it can be beneficial to have him around. Then again, I can see Frank Isola of the NY Daily News promoting his anit Marburycampaign even further saying how he doesn't even think Steph can contribute as a mentor. At this time, Rose is a long shot....and even if we do get himNate's minutes are going to be hurting more than anyones (I didn't mention Mardy Collins because he's not even worthy of garbage time minutes)

Chances are if we draft a PG really high in the draft, the Knicks would have a hard time offering Nate a new contract following this next season. Especiallygiven the fact that Walsh has already stated he intends to get the Knicks under the salary cap. I may be in the minority here, but I think the only guy I wouldconsider giving a long-term deal to that ties up a lot of money would be Lee. If someone is willing to give Nate lots of $ in a long term deal, how could theKnicks match it?

Well, I'm going to have to take Allen's side on this whole Marbury fiasco we've been having. He is right...dude just isn't a winner.

even further saying how he doesn't even think Steph can contribute as a mentor
you'd want your PG who just came into the league listening to Steph? i really think he means well, and considering where he came from, i dontblame him for having a defensive attitude....but son is a loser...allen summed up my thoughts exactly. let's face reality folks

too much arguing between Knicks fans right now, i cant even read all of this @!%+. Cmon its the renaissance its our rebirth there are good times ahead weshouldnt be argung.
pimp.gif

and i mean what are we arguing about, Stephon Marbury??
laugh.gif

I mean really who cares if he will contribute or whatever next year, its a non issue. Fact is he will stick around so his 22 mil comes off the books with us,and if he contributes than good for him and hopfully he can earn a contract elsewhere, if not than good riddance.
roll.gif

Its really not that complicated or a big deal we will lose next year anyway, there are much bigger things at hand right now, than dealing with Marbury.

Only thing i read and agreed.

Nets fans? ****- they have NOTHING to trash, who is he making better? Jamie Feick? Chris Gatling? You've gotta be kidding me, Nets fans should never talk.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

even further saying how he doesn't even think Steph can contribute as a mentor
you'd want your PG who just came into the league listening to Steph? i really think he means well, and considering where he came from, i dont blame him for having a defensive attitude....but son is a loser...allen summed up my thoughts exactly. let's face reality folks

so scott skiles got hired by the bucks...I guess its safe to say that Mark Jackson is the new head coach of the knicks unless if for some strange reason jaxsays no.

knicks need 2 get rid of everyone of the knicks EXCEPT

Nate, Chandler and LEE everyone else we need 2 try 2 trade, pay off and etc.....

I'm not convinced on Chandler, I could probably put up decent numbers the last 2 weeks of the season.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. What's NT's consensus (if one) on Crawford? I still want dude on the squad, but I just saw above mehe's expendable in one NTers eyes.

A better comparison would be Ariza back when he was on the Knicks. I guess we'll see next season with Chandler though.

Back
Top Bottom