OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

^^JVG bailed on us because Dolan was a %!!% up and sending our organization down the hill.

It wasnt Van Gundy's fault that James dolan got full control and hired Layden who traded all of Van gundy's pieces (ewing, Spree, Camby, etc.)

I understand about the young coach and i want Mark. But JVG is the hardest working coach i have ever seen and he earns respect from his players. They play hardfor him and he knows what he is doing. JVG will get @@!$ done if he comes back to NY. He is a Knick

^^two words for you my friend......HOUSTON ROCKETS!!

Dude wasn't able to get them past the first round in about 3-4 years. I don't care if you blame Tmac or what....but it doesn't matter. You are thehead coach of an NBA team...its YOUR job to get them past the first round.

But...

I will admit that he gets his teams to play defense at least, which we desperately need.

This dude Stephen A. came with the good assessment of the Knicks situation. Plus he said "call me boo boo the fool".....
laugh.gif

A lot of people forgot this but...Zeke is still with the organization, but at a less significant role. This dude will still find ways to creep up behind us, and screw us.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
word. dude is gonna shaft us (NH). we need to COMPLETELY remove him....i heard on Hoopshype that he wont have an official title, but he'll reportdirectly to Donnie. that's not good enough.

A lot of people who voted, Obviously don't know whats going on with the Knicks.

Vote: What comes next for the Knicks?
SportsNation

Thank you for voting. See below for the results from across SportsNation.

Your responses in [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]bold text[/color].

1) Did Donnie Walsh make the right decision in allowing Thomas to remain with the organization in some capacity?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]65.4% No[/color]
34.6% Yes

2) Would Mark Jackson be a good choice as the next coach of the Knicks?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]56.2% Yes[/color]
43.8% No

3) How long will it take Walsh to rebuild the Knicks into a playoff team?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]62.8% 3-4 seasons[/color]
19.7% 1-2 seasons
12.6% 5 or more seasons
4.9% Won't happen with Walsh

4) Has Stephon Marbury played his last game for the Knicks?

69.0% Yes
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]31.0% No[/color]

5) Which team will LeBron James be playing for during the 2010-11 season?

39.7% Cavaliers
30.6% Knicks
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]17.6% Nets[/color]
12.1% Other

6) Between Thomas and owner James Dolan, how do you divvy up blame for the past few seasons?

53.1% Equally split
30.3% Mostly Thomas
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]16.5% Mostly Dolan[/color]

7) How do you rate Thomas strictly as a coach?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]52.5% Well below average[/color]
24.7% Slightly below average
18.5% Just average
3.2% Slightly above average
1.1% Well above average

glasses.gif
How do you rate Thomas strictly as a talent evaluator?

42.5% Well below average
19.7% Just average
17.1% Slightly below average
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]15.2% Slightly above average[/color]
5.5% Well above average

9) Who was Thomas' worst big-ticket acquisition with the Knicks?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]47.9% Eddy Curry[/color]
24.0% Zach Randolph
19.8% Larry Brown
8.3% Jamal Crawford

10) Where will Thomas be in five years?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]41.5% Out of basketball[/color]
28.4% Announcer
15.0% Front office of another NBA team
10.7% Coach of a college program
4.5% Coach of another NBA team

Total Votes: 18,387

25 comments on "Vote: What comes next for the Knicks?"

I think everything Stephan A. Smith said, Knick fans already knew.

laugh.gif
at whats Stephan A. had to say about Jared Jefferies.

Also its funny how a lot of Knicks fans wanted Beasley earlier in the season. And as soon as the season was about to end, it seemed more and more people wantedto rather have Rose.

Disgusted Isiah is still employed.

DISGUSTED.

And I already lost a little respect for Walsh because of it....I'm not taking that job if I have to keep Isiah on board...I'm just not. And you know hedoesn't want too and is already having to do whatever Dolan wants
ohwell.gif
.....Isiah isn't the big problem here, it's Dolan.

Also its funny how a lot of Knicks fans wanted Beasley earlier in the season. And as soon as the season was about to end, it seemed more and more people wanted to rather have Rose.
I know at least me and Gr8 been driving that bandwagon Pre - NCAA Tourny

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Isiah isn't the big problem here, it's Dolan.

Which is why I been saying for the longest that Zeke AND Dolan both had/have to go.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I know at least me and Gr8 been driving that bandwagon Pre - NCAA Tourny

you know it man
pimp.gif

We need a franchise PG... Rose = anything you can ask for in a pg

do the math, its pretty simple

**@* was anybody aware that we were in a tie with LA Clippers???

There was a tie breaker today for the 5th pick... thank god we won

^lmao wuts a clipper fan even doing here
laugh.gif

dude was probably checkin to see if we were clowning on the clips.

but props though on being like the only dude to keep the clippers sig

Ah, the end of an era...or should I say error?

I didn't even find out until I saw it on TV at a bar a couple of hours ago.

I'm still mad that Isiah is still on board, even though he won't have any real power, I just want him gone completely. But now it's time to try tomove past this and hope for a higher draft pick.

[h1]Timberwolves, Knicks win draft tiebreakers[/h1]

NEW YORK (AP)-Minnesota and New York both won tiebreakers Friday, increasing their chances of getting a higher pick in June's NBA draft.

The Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies both finished 22-60, tied forthe third-worst in the NBA, and the Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers went23-59, tying for fifth-worst.

The Wolves will pick one spot higher than the Grizzlies if neither gets a top-three selection through the draft lottery, same for the Knicks and Clippers.New York and Minnesota also have a slightly better chance than their tiebreaker opponents of landing the No. 1 pick.

There were four ties broken through random drawing done by NBA executive vice president of operations Stu Jackson following the league's Board ofGovernors meetings. Phoenix (55-27) won a tiebreaker with Houston and San Antonio (56-26) won against New Orleans.

The lottery will be held May 20 to determine the top three picks. The other 11 teams in the lottery will then pick in inverse order of their records.

Star freshmen Michael Beasley of Kansas State and Derrick Rose of Memphis are expected to be among the top selections.

David Stern is finally working his magic!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm still mad that Isiah is still on board, even though he won't have any real power, I just want him gone completely. But now it's time to try to move past this and hope for a higher draft pick.

We all know this was done out of respect for Zeke. I'd give it 2 years before he is completely gone.

Back
Top Bottom