OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

For those that already have, does the Pump really work? If so, do they come with pamphlet / instructions on how to pump and deflate? Or how is it done?

blackvettegs blackvettegs

Here's my response to someone asking about the Reebok vs Nike pump. But yes the Nike does work, there is no pamphlet like the OG's. And, IMO your finger placement on the pump mechanism does make a difference. I feel you get more air per pump if you pump closer to the hole in the leather.

I have 4 pair of Shaq Attaq and the "instapump" Shaq Attaq IV. The pump in those is far superior to the Nike. Most likely because it pumps the tongue and the portions of the tongue that run down on the sides of the foot. The IV's air bladder is in the heel much like the ACF, but it's basically the neoprene booty in the shoe so it's right against your foot. Not enclosed in thick padding like the ACF.

The ACF needs to be laced up (2nd eyelet up top) at least to feel the pump fit, for me anyway. And I probably gave these 25/30 pumps before I was satisfied. Reebok can be as little as 10. Stil love my Nike though. I'm after a few Reebok 25 collabs on the OG model. Wonder if they have the whole shoe bladder like the OG did as well.

So what was the majority verdict on the sizing for these, I'm normally a 9.5 and my local spot already sold it...so It's between a 10 and a 9 for me. Any input? Thanks in advance.

So what was the majority verdict on the sizing for these, I'm normally a 9.5 and my local spot already sold it...so It's between a 10 and a 9 for me. Any input? Thanks in advance.

I went TS in a 10. I have narrow feet. I don't regret it, but if I pump them hard they get a bit too tight. So maybe 10.5 would have been better. But I haven't worn a 10.5 so I can't say with certainty.

Last edited:
if you have no choice but to grab one of those sizes go with the 10..   i'm a 9.5 as well and tts fits just right, but' a 10 would work if i had to

Last edited:
I'd definitely go for the 10 if I was you. I went true to size and I was surprised how snug the fit.

You most definitely don't want to size down. Go with the 10. You say it's local though right? Why not ask to try on both pairs?
I still rest assured that the 10 would be a lot more of a comfortable fit than the 9.

I'd definitely go for the 10 if I was you. I went true to size and I was surprised how snug the fit.

I realized that too. Hope the "leather" gives a bit after some consistent wear.

Last edited:
You most definitely don't want to size down. Go with the 10. You say it's local though right? Why not ask to try on both pairs?

If they are both still available by the time I get there after work, I def will. But he was asking me which size to hold down till I get there so I guess I'll be going with the 10. Spot is being nice enough to hold me 1 pair , I don't wanna overstep my boundaries and ask for them to hold 2, knowing full well I'm only leaving with one lol. Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:

They were originally worn with this, so our jeans should not be an issue 
laugh.gif
i aint knocking it but it don't look right from my view, the nike swoosh is blk and will look better with blk pants IMO. they growing on me slowly i'll eventually copp soon or later and i'll show you all how to wear them when I do.

David Robinson with the rolled down socks, wonder if anyone will rock that look with these shoes. For those that don't know David did the rolled down socks for years.

David Robinson with the rolled down socks, wonder if anyone will rock that look with these shoes. For those that don't know David did the rolled down socks for years.

not my pic but I remembered seeing it on instagram a few weeks ago:

not the admiral, but a good pic of them in this card, only reason I kept it over the years:

Last edited:
I need some vintage bball shorts and a neon tank top

not srs

Back
Top Bottom