Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

So a failed trip to Target led me to scoop these up. They didn’t have an item I needed to get so I went to the Target by my work. Since the mall is right across the street, might as well just check Champs. Mind you, I had scoured at other locations in the morning with no luck. I didn’t try this one because they never have anything early. I asked for a 12 and at first he said they had it. Went and checked, he said nope. Had an 11.5. Funny thing is, another customer came in right after me and asked for an 11.5. Guess it was the last one. All eyes were on me as I was trying them on. I said I’ll take them. I can tell dude looked kind of mad. Oh well. Got lucky!

1F1E9042-B761-4F80-AE78-83FD7293C56F.jpeg

So a failed trip to Target led me to scoop these up. They didn’t have an item I needed to get so I went to the Target by my work. Since the mall is right across the street, might as well just check Champs. Mind you, I had scoured at other locations in the morning with no luck. I didn’t try this one because they never have anything early. I asked for a 12 and at first he said they had it. Went and checked, he said nope. Had an 11.5. Funny thing is, another customer came in right after me and asked for an 11.5. Guess it was the last one. All eyes were on me as I was trying them on. I said I’ll take them. I can tell dude looked kind of mad. Oh well. Got lucky!

1F1E9042-B761-4F80-AE78-83FD7293C56F.jpeg
So u sized down???

So u sized down???

I didn't want to, but after trying them on, they fit good with still a little room to spare. Still would have preferred the 12 if they had it. Nike retros are getting harder and harder to come by nowadays. Felt like if I passed this up, might not be able to get them.

Word?
Today?

Yup. Funny, when I asked him to do a stock search for a 12, he said the Stonewood Mall Champs had them and the Cerritos Mall Champs had them. I went in person to Stonewood and nada. I called Cerritos and they told me no. So I don't know if maybe those two do have them but are not releasing them just yet? As some have posted, certain Champs are waiting until the actual release date of 2/15.

Yup. Funny, when I asked him to do a stock search for a 12, he said the Stonewood Mall Champs had them and the Cerritos Mall Champs had them. I went in person to Stonewood and nada. I called Cerritos and they told me no. So I don't know if maybe those two do have them but are not releasing them just yet? As some have posted, certain Champs are waiting until the actual release date of 2/15.
Ok so Brea has them out on display or you had to ask if they had them?

Y’all think these will be damn near impossible to cop on 2/15 online?

I wouldn't say impossible, but sizes will probably go fast. Especially hard on us West Coast folks, since you got to be up at the crack of dawn when they go live with that eastern time drop.

Y’all think these will be damn near impossible to cop on 2/15 online?

It's going to be probably as hard as the Penny 3/More Uptempo release if not a little easier. The Penny 3 is still comfortable so I can see why a lot of people want a pair of those but they had three colorways sell out in those already. I would follow SoleLinks or any other reputable shoe site on twitter and put notifications on. Then when you get what you need turn them back off lol.

Back
Top Bottom