Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Got my pair in today from the Footlocker online drop . Like a few people already mentioned it came from Nike's Warehouse (Memphis) and the shipping box had the infamous nike tape on it, kind of thew me off at first. Anyway, so grateful to have these..think I might like them better than the white pair.
BlkFreshwater.jpg

Thinking about trying to customize my emeralds into Griffey‘s PE with the white midsole…
Any recommendations on paint that’ll hold up

The norm is Angelus paint. You'd probably want flat white and flat black so that the finish isn't glossy.

Thinking about trying to customize my emeralds into Griffey‘s PE with the white midsole…
Any recommendations on paint that’ll hold up
I mentioned this before, but I was told that painting the upper Mariner Emerald (on the white/black ones) would hold up better than painting the midsole on these.

I mentioned this before, but I was told that painting the upper Mariner Emerald (on the white/black ones) would hold up better than painting the midsole on these.
I was thinking the same, but price and availability make the emeralds a more attractive attempt.

Sometimes I would think they get a employee discount on the shoes. Why bother for such little profit?

impulse buy. I've seen people buy random shoes when they get an alert they dropped online then try to sell for retail when they realize there's no resale value. It's definitely possible it was an employee discount purchase but you'd be surprised how often wannabe resellers sell for a loss or break even

There’s always some story behind it.
I’ll cop a hyped up pair for retail, traded it away for 2 or 3 pairs of other kicks, sell off one for the current market value, no biggie to me, but essentially kept what I wanted for next to free, just a lot of leg work.

SX is always on some ish

my pair passed authentication and got shipping from FedEx. I go to the app to just look at my pending orders. It’s gone. I contact SX. They say it failed the process.

Last edited:
SX is always on some ish

my pair passed authentication and got shipping from FedEx. I go to the app to just look at my pending orders. It’s gone. I contact SX. They say it failed the process.

Probably damaged box. I sold a shoe with nsw box and it arrived to them with a corner dent (which wasn't bad after pushing back to shape (sold on Goat after getting it back). Gotta triple box these nsw boxes for extra protection lol.

Back
Top Bottom