OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cnet and many other blogs and websites are picking up on this. Tomorrow it will blow up ten fold..

EVERYONE WANTS THESE.. This is Nike's chance to create new fans.. I know at least two dozen people who would barely care for anything endorsed driven or market driven. They just run up to a local place, look at shoes, pick some out. THAT's it. That's the vast majority of people out there. They don't know the name of the shoes they buy at a Nike outlet. This sort of release could change that mindset overnight.

This all turned pretty sour with the Hyperdunk a while back. I got a whole bunch of people excited. And then the reality of it all... Not an easy purchase. Some could say, " if they really wanted them, they could have put in some work." But this fringe fanbase is used to many non limited items in life.. Imagine if Ipads or Iphones were TRULY limited.. First day purchases only.. No one would put up with that crap... Shoes are somewhat different, but kind of the same (at least this release, which has global appeal spanning generations). If I show this news to the same group I told about the hyperdunks, they would say, "not some limited Nike crap again, is it?" The last release already made their mark on them, and this just may seal them out from "limited" type items.. Sadly sales don't show it, since they are still buying Generic Air Max version 11s. But this could be on a whole other marketing level right here.

For me, I just see a whole bunch of people not in the know wanting these and possibly being turned off for life, once they realize how limited Nike's are done.. The first pair of Nike's some of these guys have wanted in 20 years, and this is that first new impression of how Nike runs things?

IT HAS TO BE BIG, or it'll just be some small scale type success talked about only in sneaker circles for years to come.

Cnet and many other blogs and websites are picking up on this. Tomorrow it will blow up ten fold..

EVERYONE WANTS THESE.. This is Nike's chance to create new fans.. I know at least two dozen people who would barely care for anything endorsed driven or market driven. They just run up to a local place, look at shoes, pick some out. THAT's it. That's the vast majority of people out there. They don't know the name of the shoes they buy at a Nike outlet. This sort of release could change that mindset overnight.

This all turned pretty sour with the Hyperdunk a while back. I got a whole bunch of people excited. And then the reality of it all... Not an easy purchase. Some could say, " if they really wanted them, they could have put in some work." But this fringe fanbase is used to many non limited items in life.. Imagine if Ipads or Iphones were TRULY limited.. First day purchases only.. No one would put up with that crap... Shoes are somewhat different, but kind of the same (at least this release, which has global appeal spanning generations). If I show this news to the same group I told about the hyperdunks, they would say, "not some limited Nike crap again, is it?" The last release already made their mark on them, and this just may seal them out from "limited" type items.. Sadly sales don't show it, since they are still buying Generic Air Max version 11s. But this could be on a whole other marketing level right here.

For me, I just see a whole bunch of people not in the know wanting these and possibly being turned off for life, once they realize how limited Nike's are done.. The first pair of Nike's some of these guys have wanted in 20 years, and this is that first new impression of how Nike runs things?

IT HAS TO BE BIG, or it'll just be some small scale type success talked about only in sneaker circles for years to come.

I like the movie and the shoes are okay, but in reality I can't see myself paying $1k on a pair of shoes, that's just way too much money. If they produce more than 1,000 shoes or so, enough for everyone, then maybe. But being a limited shoe going for a high price, might just skip.

Not really worth paying so much for a pair of shoes. Think about it $1k for shoes, when you can spend that much money on something much more worthy like a vacation trip, savings acct, something with the fam bam...but shoes? Be realistic.

But who knows, let's just find out...

I like the movie and the shoes are okay, but in reality I can't see myself paying $1k on a pair of shoes, that's just way too much money. If they produce more than 1,000 shoes or so, enough for everyone, then maybe. But being a limited shoe going for a high price, might just skip.

Not really worth paying so much for a pair of shoes. Think about it $1k for shoes, when you can spend that much money on something much more worthy like a vacation trip, savings acct, something with the fam bam...but shoes? Be realistic.

But who knows, let's just find out...

If these are 1000 dollars I will personally go to NIKE HQ, and say something very not nice.

I been wanting these shoes since I first saw Back to the Future.

It's a shoe that's always been in my heart, and in my dreams.

I would never pay 1000 for these, that would be like me selling any of my Penny 2's.

This shoe is amazing, and I love it. It's like when i was a kid, and I wanted shoes that lighted up so I could run faster, and my mom just didn't understand.

I NEED THESE DAMN SHOES, AND I NEED THEM FOR NOT 1,000 DOLLARS.

If they sell these for under 1,000 I'll not only type in proper english, I'll quit my job and work for a non profit organization for no money.

-Jacob

If these are 1000 dollars I will personally go to NIKE HQ, and say something very not nice.

I would never pay 1000 for these, that would be like me selling any of my Penny 2's.

This shoe is amazing, and I love it. It's like when i was a kid, and I wanted shoes that lighted up so I could run faster, and my mom just didn't understand.

If they sell these for under 1,000 I'll not only type in proper english, I'll quit my job and work for a non profit organization for no money.

-Jacob

Originally Posted by jumpman247

-Jacob
1000 retail would be insane I'll agree (I can't see Nike doing that, but I can see them auctioning these off for say the Michael J. Fox charity and if that were the case, many people would gladly pay the 1000 or more final bid value....if they were auctioned, they'd be way more than 1000 dollars
, but then again nobody said this hobby was a cheap one. If these are limited enough, I can easily see people paying more than 1000, but I wouldn't expect the value to be too high seeing as the OGs were something like 8k back in 03, but in 2010 a pair went up on eBay for about 12k-15k and they were in worse condition than the 03 pair. Based on the hype so far, it is far more than I imagined, but I am not surprised seeing as how revolutionary these were and are. That being said, anyone who wants these, start saving your money/ contacting connects.
Hell for that matter, $1000 on these may end up being a steal, haha. Good luck to everyone who wants them....8:30 tomorrow, we'll find out a lot more info.

-Jacob
1000 retail would be insane I'll agree (I can't see Nike doing that, but I can see them auctioning these off for say the Michael J. Fox charity and if that were the case, many people would gladly pay the 1000 or more final bid value....if they were auctioned, they'd be way more than 1000 dollars
, but then again nobody said this hobby was a cheap one. If these are limited enough, I can easily see people paying more than 1000, but I wouldn't expect the value to be too high seeing as the OGs were something like 8k back in 03, but in 2010 a pair went up on eBay for about 12k-15k and they were in worse condition than the 03 pair. Based on the hype so far, it is far more than I imagined, but I am not surprised seeing as how revolutionary these were and are. That being said, anyone who wants these, start saving your money/ contacting connects.
Hell for that matter, $1000 on these may end up being a steal, haha. Good luck to everyone who wants them....8:30 tomorrow, we'll find out a lot more info.

-Jacob
PREACH!

I still watch BTTF this day and reflect on how McFly first revealed those on screen and from that moment on (including Jordan's influence) developing the love for sneakers.

This shoe is legendary and as mythical as big foot or UFO's, and now they exist.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

From the MJF Foundation Facebook page:

"Michael J. Fox will be on the Late Show with David Letterman tomorrow, 9/8, with a fun announcement about the MJFF"

With this info, I think these shoes (if they come out) will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to his foundation.

-Jacob
PREACH!

I still watch BTTF this day and reflect on how McFly first revealed those on screen and from that moment on (including Jordan's influence) developing the love for sneakers.

This shoe is legendary and as mythical as big foot or UFO's, and now they exist.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom