OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

From the MJF Foundation Facebook page:

"Michael J. Fox will be on the Late Show with David Letterman tomorrow, 9/8, with a fun announcement about the MJFF"

With this info, I think these shoes (if they come out) will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to his foundation.

Originally Posted by OG2345

I like the movie and the shoes are okay, but in reality I can't see myself paying $1k on a pair of shoes, that's just way too much money. If they produce more than 1,000 shoes or so, enough for everyone, then maybe. But being a limited shoe going for a high price, might just skip.

Not really worth paying so much for a pair of shoes. Think about it $1k for shoes, when you can spend that much money on something much more worthy like a vacation trip, savings acct, something with the fam bam...but shoes? Be realistic.

But who knows, let's just find out...
I feel the same way generally, but this would be my argument for the other side. If you honestly think about it, a lot of us that regularly visit this forum probably spend $1000 or more per year on shoes, maybe more, especially those of us who are doubling or tripling up. Considering that these McFlys might be one of the be-all end-all holy grails for people, being one of the most famous Nike shoes in movie history, I think that might be enough to pull in at least some people who are either diehard fans of shoes or just the movie itself, assuming that they do everything that the shoes from the movie did. If instead of copping 6-8 other shoes, I just cop this one grail, would it be that out of line to do it considering what they mean?
If retail really is $1000, it's still gonna be very very tough for me to even consider putting down that kind of money for these, and honestly as of now I'd probably lean a lot more towards passing considering how much that would be and how hard I'd assume they would be to get. But, if there was gonna be one shoe that was gonna make me think twice, these would probably be it.

Originally Posted by OG2345

I like the movie and the shoes are okay, but in reality I can't see myself paying $1k on a pair of shoes, that's just way too much money. If they produce more than 1,000 shoes or so, enough for everyone, then maybe. But being a limited shoe going for a high price, might just skip.

Not really worth paying so much for a pair of shoes. Think about it $1k for shoes, when you can spend that much money on something much more worthy like a vacation trip, savings acct, something with the fam bam...but shoes? Be realistic.

But who knows, let's just find out...
I feel the same way generally, but this would be my argument for the other side. If you honestly think about it, a lot of us that regularly visit this forum probably spend $1000 or more per year on shoes, maybe more, especially those of us who are doubling or tripling up. Considering that these McFlys might be one of the be-all end-all holy grails for people, being one of the most famous Nike shoes in movie history, I think that might be enough to pull in at least some people who are either diehard fans of shoes or just the movie itself, assuming that they do everything that the shoes from the movie did. If instead of copping 6-8 other shoes, I just cop this one grail, would it be that out of line to do it considering what they mean?
If retail really is $1000, it's still gonna be very very tough for me to even consider putting down that kind of money for these, and honestly as of now I'd probably lean a lot more towards passing considering how much that would be and how hard I'd assume they would be to get. But, if there was gonna be one shoe that was gonna make me think twice, these would probably be it.

That's cool why cause I have a different point of view? Cause these shoes are a Grail to me and been wanting them since I seen the movie? If it was a normal release like what some Jordan v's yea it just doesn't seem to do the same for a legendary shoe like these? To say hate I mean geez I didn't say was going to steal them from ppl or I wanted to buy like 10 pair and retire early smh. I just would like the shoe like the yeezys or bin limited ppl who really know or want these shoes would be able to get them. Instead of them being like all xi's being called the space Jams, when they are wearing cool greys lol, But $1k is alot higher then i was looking for.

That's cool why cause I have a different point of view? Cause these shoes are a Grail to me and been wanting them since I seen the movie? If it was a normal release like what some Jordan v's yea it just doesn't seem to do the same for a legendary shoe like these? To say hate I mean geez I didn't say was going to steal them from ppl or I wanted to buy like 10 pair and retire early smh. I just would like the shoe like the yeezys or bin limited ppl who really know or want these shoes would be able to get them. Instead of them being like all xi's being called the space Jams, when they are wearing cool greys lol, But $1k is alot higher then i was looking for.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Me on release date.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nike is funding MJFF, announced tomorrow. Far from a release date but yea MJ Fox will talk and Tinker will talk tomorrow nite. Tinker designed the original power laces so its only right he did these. the future Hill Valley set took about 2 years to create so not sure exactly when he originally designed em. Black cement III's are in the 2015 scene too along with about 4 other Nike shoes in the future scenes. They were named "Mag" because there was supposed to be a scene where the shoes touch a floor and walk on walls like magnets and float too but it was cut from the movie

Plus you have to figure they invested quite a bit in the auto-lacing tech. With that tech in mind, plus the sneaker's pedigree, 1k might be about right.

Plus you have to figure they invested quite a bit in the auto-lacing tech. With that tech in mind, plus the sneaker's pedigree, 1k might be about right.

Nike is funding MJFF, announced tomorrow. Far from a release date but yea MJ Fox will talk and Tinker will talk tomorrow nite. Tinker designed the original power laces so its only right he did these. the future Hill Valley set took about 2 years to create so not sure exactly when he originally designed em. Black cement III's are in the 2015 scene too along with about 4 other Nike shoes in the future scenes. They were named "Mag" because there was supposed to be a scene where the shoes touch a floor and walk on walls like magnets and float too but it was cut from the movie

Michael J Fox supposedly gonna wear them on Letterman tonight (9/
glasses.gif

Nike tripping if they make these limited/$1000.

People who been wanting these, won't give a damb about Hypebeasts and what not. As long as we can get a pair. That's the key/hope.

I dunno about 1K a pair though...

Michael J Fox supposedly gonna wear them on Letterman tonight (9/
glasses.gif

Nike tripping if they make these limited/$1000.

People who been wanting these, won't give a damb about Hypebeasts and what not. As long as we can get a pair. That's the key/hope.

I dunno about 1K a pair though...

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by dtb00201

^ Too much technology for a GR.

I'm pretty sure if apple can mass produce ipods, Nike can mass produce these.

That's what apple does tho, they make electronics. They can efficiently mass produce iPods. Nike is set up to efficiently make shoes.
2874630794_1.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

^ Too much technology for a GR.

I'm pretty sure if apple can mass produce ipods, Nike can mass produce these.

That's what apple does tho, they make electronics. They can efficiently mass produce iPods. Nike is set up to efficiently make shoes.
2874630794_1.gif

^ good. will give me time to get my dough right. i will own these, and wear them, no doubt about it. 
nerd.gif

^ good. will give me time to get my dough right. i will own these, and wear them, no doubt about it. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

nerd.gif

This^ i want to hear what they say tomorrow at the event and if RD is this year then im saving up cash starting tomorrow!

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

nerd.gif

This^ i want to hear what they say tomorrow at the event and if RD is this year then im saving up cash starting tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom