Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Anyone know what causes the USA soles to yellow?

Its likely to be oxidation. I have a lot of Air Max Lights and the midsole is is notorious for yellowing easily, they must use less paint on them or something. Tbh Im surprised that the Olympic BWs are yellowing already, I still have mine DS

Most beautiful Air classic BW for me, and most popular in our country was legendary Mid Navy-Regal Blue-White from 1992.

This retro color was never released again. I found just few photos of this blue Air classic BW. Even in this thread i didn't seen photo of it.

This data is from sneakerfreaker:

Release: Regal Blue
Date Release: 1993
Color: Mid Navy-Regal Blue-White
Style Number: 904006-440

On third photo it is number 20. Photo is in low resolution, but you can see that year is '92. Does somebody have photo of this page from magazine in higher resolution, or more photos of this Blue Air classic BW? :smile:

Most beautiful Air classic BW for me, and most popular in our country was legendary Mid Navy-Regal Blue-White from 1992.

This retro color was never released again. I found just few photos of this blue Air classic BW. Even in this thread i didn't seen photo of it.

Release: Regal Blue
Date Release: 1993
Color: Mid Navy-Regal Blue-White
Style Number: 904006-440

Does somebody have photo of this page from magazine in higher resolution, or more photos of this Blue Air classic BW? :smile:
here you go, this is the only picture what i still have from the Regal Blue cw

i had to dig very deep into my Air Max archive to find it for you

i supposed to have a few more pictures but god dammit, they got korrupted again
tired.gif

Last edited:
here you go, this is the only picture what i still have from the Regal Blue cw

i had to dig very deep into my Air Max archive to find it for you
Thank you, friend.
Regal blue air max 91 is really most beautiful sneakers. :smile:

I didn't have it, i had black emerald white which was released in 1994. That is for me also one of most beautiful sneakers. Black emerald white was released again in 2009, but it is not same as first release. Line which go around sneakers is not same. In '94 release, line in front part of sneakers have angle, and in '09 line is curved. So, line on '94 release is more beautiful. We can see that diference on this photos.

01.jpg

07.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, friend.

Regal blue air max 91 is really most beautiful sneakers. :smile:
I didn't have it, i had black emerald white which was released in 1994. That is for me also one of most beautiful sneakers. Black emerald white was released again in 2009, but it is not same as first release. Line which go around sneakers is not same. In '94 release, line in front part of sneakers have angle, and in '09 line is curved. So, line on '94 release is more beautiful. We can see that diference on this photos.

View media item 2467355
View media item 2467356

Yeah miss that dynamic build of the OGs. And the air bubble looked so massive

Yeah miss that dynamic build of the OGs. And the air bubble looked so massive
Yes, friend. There are several little differences betwen old and new release. And line difference is most obvious, because famous line around sneaker is one of the most important details in Air max 91 model. I don't know why Nike change lines in new releases of BW classic? Old releases with old version of line look more nice and more powerful, dynamic.

We can see that lines on this old releases

here are some OGs and vintage 90s cws pictured from the BWs

1st page is in better resolution than 2nd, do you have 2nd page in better resolution?

Yes, friend. There are several little differences betwen old and new release. And line difference is most obvious, because famous line around sneaker is one of the most important details in Air max 91 model. I don't know why Nike change lines in new releases of BW classic? Old releases with old version of line look more nice and more powerful, dynamic.

We can see that lines on this old releases
Not only that line , all the parts are different from the real OG(TM) , mesured it myself : http://niketalk.com/t/640873/nike-petition-for-old-shape-and-molds-please-support

Shape shape :tongue:

When i saw in store new release of black emerald white in 2009, i was glad, but then i noticed that is not same as first release from 1994, so i was dissapointed and didn't want to buy it.

First release was also more massive and it had generaly better look, it had something special, more powerful look, second release didn't have that.

The 05's were the last "true to form" retro of the bw.

all the release there after have had subtle changes that effect the overall look and feel of them.

That's because they were the "leather version" of the Emeralds. Back in the 90s, BWs dropped like this—January, usually a white mesh pair would surface. Then around mid-season (Easter time) a leather version would drop. In mid-summer July a dark mesh pair would drop for winter and again, around mid-season (Halloween-ish), they dropped the leather. Four a year, haha. It went like this from about 92 (when I first got into BWs) 'til around 97/98 when I kinda lost interest as it kinda turned into a white pub shoe.

That was how it all released really. New technology/models in summer, then the second colourways mid-season, and if the sales weren't too hot, they changed the uppers (how you get a Max 94 with a 93 sole, Max 98 has 97 sole, etc). It used to have a RHYTHM almost. Now they just drop **** every day, it's relentless.

The BW has always been my favourite Air Max. Its shape was largely unchanged until, as someone pointed out above, around the mid-00s. I think it is when they hit iD, around 2006/7. Shape changed, and weirdly, it is one shoe that SHOULD have a high toebox. Have managed to cop most of the ones I always wanted, but these elude me. Total grails!

Lastly, am I right in saying the only year there was no production of the BW was 2015? Otherwise never went out of production. Take that, Air Max 1 Mafia, hahaha

I didn't know that Black blue white were "leather version" of the Emeralds.

BW has always been my favorite Air Max, too.

Yes, first release of black emeralds from 1994 also had higher toe box than second release from 2009. Higher toe box is much better.

Lastly, am I right in saying the only year there was no production of the BW was 2015? Otherwise never went out of production. Take that, Air Max 1 Mafia, hahaha
   Quote:

the 90s got discontinued from 91 till 01 and the BWs from went out of production from 14 and 15
wink.gif
Take that, @ihadthose hahaha 
laugh.gif
thats 2 years

nice try, but it is very hard to beat an certified Airmaxologist
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom