Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super salty at the fact that I missed the whole Yeezy release due to work. My job consumed my life for about 1 year and a half. It feels soo good now to not work for that company anymore and I now have more free time with more pay. I copped the majority of pairs I wanted, it just sucks on all the pairs I missed out on. This being one (well 2 actually). Only thing I can hope for is a restock, Don't want to pay those ridiculous resale prices. Honestly, what are the odds on a restock? Slim to none? Or should I hang in there. 

Word about that jacket. What kind of jacket is it, dimez, if you don't mind sharing?
pimp.gif
That. 

And please don't call me weird, what brand jeans are those? 

Omg but do all of you believe everything you see on the internet. If there was a restock, nike would drop a tweet. They dont care if it crashes.

I'm super salty at the fact that I missed the whole Yeezy release due to work. My job consumed my life for about 1 year and a half. It feels soo good now to not work for that company anymore and I now have more free time with more pay. I copped the majority of pairs I wanted, it just sucks on all the pairs I missed out on. This being one (well 2 actually). Only thing I can hope for is a restock, Don't want to pay those ridiculous resale prices. Honestly, what are the odds on a restock? Slim to none? Or should I hang in there. 

Chances of a restock? Lol these came out over 6 months ago. The only way these ever drop again is in a retro years from now if ever. Best thing to hope for is a 3rd Color and that doesn't look promising at the moment.

Chances of a restock? Lol these came out over 6 months ago. The only way these ever drop again is in a retro years from now if ever. Best thing to hope for is a 3rd Color and that doesn't look promising at the moment.
You never know. But as for that 3rd colorway, didn't somebody tweet something hinting at it? 

I think Gentry did and it was supposed to be around Xmas but got scrapped
You're right, read a few other things. People think that they're going to say something closer to All Star weekend. 

Apparently Kanye has a contract to release a Yeezy every year too (?) . 

You're right, read a few other things. People think that they're going to say something closer to All Star weekend. 

Apparently Kanye has a contract to release a Yeezy every year too (?) . 
Every two years.  They had issues with renegotiating that, though.  I don't know the status of it now, but it was for every 2 years instead of one every year.

That. 

And please don't call me weird, what brand jeans are those? 
That jacket is really dope in person, pictures does it no justice. Its made by calvin klein and was bought springs ago. was the second time wearing it. I would check ebay

Jeans are levis slim fit 513.

hope that helps.

i don't deny the 'Ye influence in how i dress, but...

he didn't start the waxed denim or tall tee/tank trend.

he bites a lot of his styles from hipsters and europeans.

supra was making waxed denim for a good 2 years b4 i ever saw kanye wear them, they were in the skate shops, i still have my pair.

the tall tee/tank trend is a european thing that kanye brought to the states (same with drop-crotch pants, that's like a 3 year old euro trend)...

that's a tall tank top i'm wearing, and i mostly only wear it layered under a normal length, contrasting color, shirt (cuz i'm all about proportions, and the tall tee/tank look by itself looks odd to me).

if you go to any major city, plenty of people are wearing waxed denim and tall tees/tanks (it's just that you see someone doing it on NT and love to get your hate on, cuz that's what NT is all about). and a lot of it is influenced directly by kanye, cuz he is the most influential person in fashion in america today, imo. he's got celebrities and everyone wearing tight waxed/leather pants, givenchy, jordans, and denim jackets, almost single handedly.

it's not like he's very original at all tho, he goes oveseas and brings styles back to the states and gets it poppin'. y'all just think he is original cuz y'all aren't up on it, it's foreign to you, you think he started it.

there's plenty of styles i can't mess with kanye on, like kilts, leather pants, dog faces on givenchy shirts, etc...

it's allgood, i'm not bothered, i will continue to do what i like, and i'll take bits and pieces from people's styles i like, and implement it into my own. it's what i've always done, it's what we all do in some way... >D

That jacket is really dope in person, pictures does it no justice. Its made by calvin klein and was bought springs ago. was the second time wearing it. I would check ebay
Jeans are levis slim fit 513.
hope that helps.

clean fit, bruh.

check your email in a few, it's been awhile, need to ask you something.

supra was making waxed denim for a good 2 years b4 i ever saw kanye wear them, they were in the skate shops, i still have my pair.
the tall tee/tank trend is a european thing that kanye brought to the states (same with drop-crotch pants, that's like a 3 year old euro trend)...
that's a tall tank top i'm wearing, and i mostly only wear it layered under a normal length, contrasting color, shirt (cuz i'm all about proportions, and the tall tee/tank look by itself looks odd to me).
if you go to any major city, plenty of people are wearing waxed denim and tall tees/tanks (it's just that you see someone doing it on NT and love to get your hate on, cuz that's what NT is all about). and a lot of it is influenced directly by kanye, cuz he is the most influential person in fashion in america today, imo. he's got celebrities and everyone wearing tight waxed/leather pants, givenchy, jordans, and denim jackets, almost single handedly.
it's not like he's very original at all tho, he goes oveseas and brings styles back to the states and gets it poppin'. y'all just think he is original cuz y'all aren't up on it, it's foreign to you, you think he started it.
there's plenty of styles i can't mess with kanye on, like kilts, leather pants, dog faces on givenchy shirts, etc...
it's allgood, i'm not bothered, i will continue to do what i like, and i'll take bits and pieces from people's styles i like, and implement it into my own. it's what i've always done, it's what we all do in some way... >D

But isn't it foreign to the states anyways? :smokin

I still need a pair of the blacks. Thought maybe I could drop some $ from tax return, but with my soon to be 1yr old son and my new house... not sure if thats a wise investment. Well see.

Proto is right about the "pre-ye" waxed denim but is slightly off on the time frame. waxed denim came on the fashion scene as early as '00-'01. but of course like any fashion trend it takes time to reach the masses. and it is not knew info that the US is consistently 1-2 years behind european trends...

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

IMO a style is seeing pieces/outfits and deciding what you like and wearing that, putting together things you think work well together and adding a little individual flavor. Biting a style would just be wearing the exact same outfit. I always respect the fits you rock Proto :smokin , don't mind the haters. I regularly visit Europe and can confirm that much of this stuff you guys talk about "copying Kanye" etc has been going on over there for years.

Proto is right about the "pre-ye" waxed denim but is slightly off on the time frame. waxed denim came on the fashion scene as early as '00-'01. but of course like any fashion trend it takes time to reach the masses. and it is not knew info that the US is consistently 1-2 years behind european trends...
Very true I remember having a pair that looked very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom