Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^haha no lambo........yet 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by winzz

hello guys what do you think of this? i'm guessing this the third colorway for Yeezy 2

a2810m.jpg
Not as dope as the other two colorways but still dope to me. Still not gonna break my neck or my pockets for these tho. 

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

for the one hundredth time, those are 1 of 1's given to kobe, they are NOT the third colorway...

what the deal with this jerk^^^^^^ how was I supposed to know they were one of one given to Kobe only? Since you have all other info will there even be a third CW?

Originally Posted by jusbekicks

for the one hundredth time, those are 1 of 1's given to kobe, they are NOT the third colorway...

what the deal with this jerk^^^^^^ how was I supposed to know they were one of one given to Kobe only? Since you have all other info will there even be a third CW?
Well if you followed the last 8 yeezy 2 threads you would know it. 

haha, "hater" "you mad?", such typical responses when someone cant come up with an intelligent defense to their ignorant statements.

on another note, im not understanding the comparisons between the ones and twos as i personally was slightly impressed with the quality of my twos. maybe i was expecting to be underwhelmed after reading everyone elses comments but i have to admit i was pleasantly surprised. one thing in particular was from the pictures i assumed that the mesh upper was just that, a single layer mesh, but was impressed by the fact that is actually a thick, padded layer with a mesh overlay. now that may not help with the creasing factor but it definitely adds a "sturdiness" to the shoe that i did not expect. another quality point that most might not see as important is the rolled, hidden seams between the suede toe and mesh and also between the leather upper and heel plate. those are an important feature to me when considering the quality and thought that went into the details of a shoe.

also the leather/stamped insoles are a nice touch and the padding/lining throughout the shoe is superb. they fit tts which is always a plus and are very comfy. like others, my favorite details are the leather "scales" and the "ribbed" heel panel. those two design features are what initially sold me on these.

i have only wore them once and have not noticed any cracking or peeling on the midsoles yet but at this point i really wouldnt care. compared to the design and quality of the rest of the shoe, the midsole paint is negligible. if it starts to crack or peel bad i will just re-paint them. problem solved.

to those who will say "but price this and price that and oh its too much money, let alone if they dont crack" all i can say is forget it and move on. i did what i said i was gonna do five months and two threads ago in order to get these, because i knew i wanted them and i knew that they would be worth it. also as a collector i have to consider the fact that these are a very significant shoe in terms of the history of footwear collecting.

these are my thoughts and my thoughts only. take them as you will...
This and absolutely this. I've had to repaint my '01 Cement IIIs and had no problem doing so. Regardless, if this was a widespread concern or maybe something that can't be easily remedied, I'd then start to question quality control. However, there are just 2 photos while many other photos indicate otherwise. Unless you physically have them in your possession or have actually worn them while providing pictures of your actual shoes, then I'd understand. Despite all that, the majority of posts I see are of people trying to downplay the shoe in an attempt to get them down to their price-point or in a range they can afford. Just understand that you are a small fraction of the sneaker community and that there are plenty of others who dictate the value of these...

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I have this image in my head of everyone in this post sitting in an auditorium and that Kobe picture comes up and verysteri otypical just stands up and starts yelling
laugh.gif

hey verysteri otypical, I didn't get a pair either my dude so no need to be
mad.gif
 about it

i try to read almost all the pages of a thread so that my knowledge is as up to date as possible when i post. it is frustrating when others(over and over again) cant offer the same courtesy.

and i got my pair. which brings us back to my first point ^, if you would have read through(not even that far, it was in the last page or so) you would know that already resulting in no need to make an assuming comment.

thanks for your understanding...

Found a dude locally that is willing to sell the Solars for 1700 , that's still a lot though
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by terx

Found a dude locally that is willing to sell the Solars for 1700 , that's still a lot though
30t6p3b.gif
On the Yeezy 2 scale that's a decent deal. On the absolute scale that's too much.

Personally I'm forcing myself to think on the absolute scale. I think it's just too ridiculous not to, unless you've got a great job.

30t6p3b.gif
I've bought two pairs for friends already, 1 at $1500 (8.5) and another at $1650 (10.5).

People hoping for these prices to magically drop, it's not going to happen. The guys I purchased them for, normal cats, regular jobs, but their money situation is in order so neither was tripping. Both said "just get them for me under $2,000". I know more than a few people who bought these who aren't "sneakerheads". Honestly, this shoe isn't for "sneakerheads"... whatever you deem that to be. Whoever said it in the original thread was pretty much right. This was the first true Nike "lux" sneaker. In terms of price point, release status, etc. And before someone comes in here complaining about quality, I've worn my black pair more than 5 times already, whole days at a time. Not a chip.

one of the usual legit info droppers correct me if I'm wrong, but one of you said there are more than 1, and lebron and kanye might have got a pair as well?
i might have the names mixed up but basically theyre not 1 of 1s?

again correct me if i'm wrong. its hard to remember 2000 pages of yeezy 2 info over 3 threads.

i try to read almost all the pages of a thread so that my knowledge is as up to date as possible when i post. it is frustrating when others(over and over again) cant offer the same courtesy.

and i got my pair. which brings us back to my first point ^, if you would have read through(not even that far, it was in the last page or so) you would know that already resulting in no need to make an assuming comment.

sorry at work cant real all the BS you talking plus you lost me after about two sentences. i lose focus when people are rambling
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

one of the usual legit info droppers correct me if I'm wrong, but one of you said there are more than 1, and lebron and kanye might have got a pair as well?
i might have the names mixed up but basically theyre not 1 of 1s?

again correct me if i'm wrong. its hard to remember 2000 pages of yeezy 2 info over 3 threads.
true, there more than likely isnt only "one" pair in existence.  the main point was they will not be available to the public and are not the third cw.

sorry at work cant real all the BS you talking plus you lost me after about two sentences. i lose focus when people are rambling
eyes.gif

HE MAD 
laugh.gif

0fa26ea1fd93e61b3aef7bcb9b6a16f41b3fe1c2_r.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

30t6p3b.gif
I've bought two pairs for friends already, 1 at $1500 (8.5) and another at $1650 (10.5).

People hoping for these prices to magically drop, it's not going to happen. The guys I purchased them for, normal cats, regular jobs, but their money situation is in order so neither was tripping. Both said "just get them for me under $2,000". I know more than a few people who bought these who aren't "sneakerheads". Honestly, this shoe isn't for "sneakerheads"... whatever you deem that to be. Whoever said it in the original thread was pretty much right. This was the first true Nike "lux" sneaker. In terms of price point, release status, etc. And before someone comes in here complaining about quality, I've worn my black pair more than 5 times already, whole days at a time. Not a chip.
Yea and they're a sz 11 as well cause I'm pretty sure pricing also depends on size . I usually wear a 10.5 but wouldn't mind copping a half size up . I'm also going to try to talk him down to 1600 to see if he bites or not . Also great to hear that your pair isn't chipping , seems like if it's just certain pairs with defects.  

Originally Posted by telemitry

For what it's worth...

I've been wearing my Plats at least three days a week since release day, couple times to local bars and a couple dj sets. No cracking anywhere. Other than the soles...they've stayed pretty clean. I wear APC and Nudie Jeans so unfortunately even after a couple washes they bleed a bit on the tops of all of my sneaks. The blue on the back plastic seems to come off with a wet rag and a little soap for anyone that has similar problems. My gold lace tips have not even loosened once, knock on wood. The mesh does show creasing, but not happy with the sneaker shields I bought comfort wise

These are now my new favs as far as comfort go. Excited for the Solars and happy with the quality personally.

Sounds exactly like how I was gonna wear them with the APC's glad to hear your wearing them

that was me who said this is basically nike's first luxury sneaker.

at least the yeezy 1's felt like it.

just the leather on those, the details, how they feel when you slip your feet into them, etc.

still waiting on my 2's so i can't comment on those yet.

i know one other guy who said his plats are paint chipping... so that's 3 total cases of it i know of...

at this point i expect paint chipping from nike, and it sucks, but nike's quality sucks on many of their most expensive shoes (J's, elite lebrons, etc.)...

but i'm not buying these for sports or performance, so it's not something that will deter me from copping a sneaker i love.

Originally Posted by sniper

haha, "hater" "you mad?", such typical responses when someone cant come up with an intelligent defense to their ignorant statements.

on another note, im not understanding the comparisons between the ones and twos as i personally was slightly impressed with the quality of my twos. maybe i was expecting to be underwhelmed after reading everyone elses comments but i have to admit i was pleasantly surprised. one thing in particular was from the pictures i assumed that the mesh upper was just that, a single layer mesh, but was impressed by the fact that is actually a thick, padded layer with a mesh overlay. now that may not help with the creasing factor but it definitely adds a "sturdiness" to the shoe that i did not expect. another quality point that most might not see as important is the rolled, hidden seams between the suede toe and mesh and also between the leather upper and heel plate. those are an important feature to me when considering the quality and thought that went into the details of a shoe.

also the leather/stamped insoles are a nice touch and the padding/lining throughout the shoe is superb. they fit tts which is always a plus and are very comfy. like others, my favorite details are the leather "scales" and the "ribbed" heel panel. those two design features are what initially sold me on these.

i have only wore them once and have not noticed any cracking or peeling on the midsoles yet but at this point i really wouldnt care. compared to the design and quality of the rest of the shoe, the midsole paint is negligible. if it starts to crack or peel bad i will just re-paint them. problem solved.

to those who will say "but price this and price that and oh its too much money, let alone if they dont crack" all i can say is forget it and move on. i did what i said i was gonna do five months and two threads ago in order to get these, because i knew i wanted them and i knew that they would be worth it. also as a collector i have to consider the fact that these are a very significant shoe in terms of the history of footwear collecting.

these are my thoughts and my thoughts only. take them as you will...
This and absolutely this. I've had to repaint my '01 Cement IIIs and had no problem doing so. Regardless, if this was a widespread concern or maybe something that can't be easily remedied, I'd then start to question quality control. However, there are just 2 photos while many other photos indicate otherwise. Unless you physically have them in your possession or have actually worn them while providing pictures of your actual shoes, then I'd understand. Despite all that, the majority of posts I see are of people trying to downplay the shoe in an attempt to get them down to their price-point or in a range they can afford. Just understand that you are a small fraction of the sneaker community and that there are plenty of others who dictate the value of these...
Thank you sir. Doods are in here talking aimlessly.
1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

i can understand yeezy discussion still being fairly active because of all the price watching and rumors of a third color, but it's ridiculous how people are still bringing up those kobe colorway pics and thinking they are new and preview pics of a third colorway lol. at least it helps all the guys still planning to share info PM which members to avoid.

as for me, im not shocked, but am disappointed to see prices not falling quicker, and frankly i dont see it happening at all. your best bet would have been to find a reseller frustrated from constant shill bidders and flakers and looking to just dump them for a slight profit (not the 8-10x retail prices). i think nike gave too many pairs to celebs that it became kind of a status symbol and so you had other celebs and athletes that didnt land a comp'd pair feeling left out and not up to par, then paying outrageous prices to secure their own to join the club. and you also have guys like fran with deep pockets lol. im sure a lot of these people buying up yeezys at resale dont even normally cop nikes, but it's the in fashion item right now so they will buy it or maybe their friends will buy it as a gift to them or whatever. i bought into all the talk that was on here early on that prices would fall so i sold my pair of platinums and solars quick, hoping to re-acquire at least the solars for $700-$1000. i'll still be patient, but not holding my breath. im not going to over pay for what essentially are still just nikes. good luck to all those still looking out for deals.

Don't trip on that dude. He thinks I am the scum of the earth because I re-sell
roll.gif
roll.gif

P.S There will be a 3rd colorway. Supposed to be a red/infared colorway. I am hearing the end of August
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom