Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by terx

Debating if I should trade a pair of Zens plus +200 for a pair of Solars
grin.gif

Deal or no deal ?

That's silly man...Solars are nice but dropping another 2 bills for em...Not a good look.

im not sure if you guys remember the release for the white laser iv on ndc a while back but if you do they should did the release like that for the yeezy. they had somekind of line system and your checkout was time to a certain time and there was a whole countdown. the white laser iv was easy cop and i think i still had dial up then. same thing how they did the 15s on the jumpman 23 website like that i dont know. what u guys think?? u think it would have worked or still crash??

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

only rich clowns pay $2000 for nikes----

fixed

Rich? I say only a handful of the ones who paid outrageous reseller prices actually had the means to get these without dipping into credit cards or who knows what lengths they had to do to gain the funds to get these.

For those of you who have AND ACTUALLY ARE WEARING THEM, how do they compare in fit to the 1's?

Sz 12 in the 1's fit me perfectly but I also know they run pretty big since I typically wear 12.5 or 13 depending.

Any/all insights are greatly appreciated and congrats again to those who have AND PLAN TO KEEP!

peace

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

For those of you who have AND ACTUALLY ARE WEARING THEM, how do they compare in fit to the 1's?

Sz 12 in the 1's fit me perfectly but I also know they run pretty big since I typically wear 12.5 or 13 depending.

Any/all insights are greatly appreciated and congrats again to those who have AND PLAN TO KEEP!

peace

The Y2 is a more true to size shoe. My Y1s are my true to size 9 yet I would have been better off going at least a 1/2 size down. I went a 1/2 size down on the Y2 and they are slightly snug....I could have gotten my true size and been fine. I suggest getting these in your true size.

looks like prices are starting to soften a bit, as expected. Any one have a guess whether these will actually settle under $1K?

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

peace

The Y2 is a more true to size shoe. My Y1s are my true to size 9 yet I would have been better off going at least a 1/2 size down. I went a 1/2 size down on the Y2 and they are slightly snug....I could have gotten my true size and been fine. I suggest getting these in your true size.
^^
Thanks Cement GMan!

Lately a lot of Nike drops have ran a little on the longer side and since they didn't make a 12.5 in these I was on the fence.  Man I'm thinking 13 may be a touch too big but who knows.  I'll just have to bite the bullet once the hype dies down a little.

P

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

are PM's down for anyone else?

i can't send a PM...
^^
Been trying to PM you since the weekend.  Not sure if you got any of my msgs.
I know you wear 12's in the 1's.  Heard the 2's run shorter.  Any thoughts?  I wear same size as you but normally wear 12.5/13 depending.  My sz 12 Y1s fit PERFECT.
lmk wut.
P

peace
I will try my best to help... I am a natural 12
Yeezy 1 - grey and tans - I have an 11.5 and they fit PERFECT... the soft leather wraps around my toes and the strap secures ankle slippage

Yeezy 1 - black - I have a size 11 and it fits me a little too snug for my comfort due to the different materials of the other two

Yeezy 2 - platinum - I have a 12.  laced up loose, and unstrapped they fit perfect.  strapped in they are a little tight due to the narrowness.  I may try to go up a size for the Solars

hope this helps... 

ATTENTION:

PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THERE IS STILL NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING ALLOWED OF ANY KIND IN THIS THREAD. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PRICE (LESS THAN RETAIL ALL THE WAY TO GIVING UP YOUR FIRST BORN) IT'S ALL AGAINST THE RULES. PLEASE TAKE THAT TO THE BUY/SELL FORUMS.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

peace

^^
Thanks Cement GMan!

Lately a lot of Nike drops have ran a little on the longer side and since they didn't make a 12.5 in these I was on the fence.  Man I'm thinking 13 may be a touch too big but who knows.  I'll just have to bite the bullet once the hype dies down a little.

P

I think a 13 would work for you. I could not go a full size down on the Y2 where with the Y1s (I own the zen and tans) I think I could pull off a full size down. The 2s are just a more snug shoe where the 1s were wider in the toebox.

i don't have my pairs yet so i can't really comment for sure, but hearing that they fit just like the latest Jordan 3 retro's, i ran with a 12.

i plan to leave them unstrapped and laced loose too, so that's also a factor.

if your Y1's are snug at all in that size 12 then i'd just go up to a 13 in these.

Agree with the others above. My Solar Reds fit me true to size, and the 1s ran at least 1/2 size big for me.

patience is a virtue, I will get my 8.5.
g'luck to all those still on the hunt. congrats to those who have came up on a pair (or two) since RD. 

Originally Posted by dubizzle

looks like prices are starting to soften a bit, as expected. Any one have a guess whether these will actually settle under $1K?
highly doubt it dude.

Back from being banned. lol;

-I will say, after seen yeezy 2's in person and after being compared side by side with the 1st joints.
Have to admit the quality on this new yeezy's is not so great. A few of my friends received poor quality ones and have seen poor quality factors from other people around the net.
Such as...Glue parts were missing, too much glue added on some, suede looked like it was soaked on water and
canvas seem like a few peoples cats scratch them. Some glows didn't quite glow.
How many of you experience something like that?

In the mean time I enjoyed this on feet. But I will still go a head and say the 1st release of the yeezy's, is the best in the yeezy LINE. So far!

wrx5pc.jpg

I'll reserve my opinion on quality 'til I actually own a pair of the Yeezy 2.

Aesthetically I like the the 2s a lot more than the 1s.

Originally Posted by thatguy

Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, a few thoughts. Take them for what you want...

1. To the general public with little interest in shoes - This release was primarily used by Nike in order to gain publicity from the mainstream media. While they may have gotten a little, just like with the Galaxy release, I think the bad they got in the public's eyes severely outweighed the good. IMO, the perception Nike is getting amongst the average shopper who pays attention to the media may be more negative than positive. I feel as though the average shopper may at this point be asking, "Why isn't Nike making more of these products?"

2. To TRUE sneakerheads - This release was made to be perhaps the most hyped shoe of all-time. Almost everyone that truly knows about sneakers and has been in the game for more than a few years understood the significance of this shoe and knew just how special it was. There didn't need to be a special press release to tell PROTO or any of the other big timers here that this was going to be one that we needed to pick up. Unfortunately, as we all know, this release was not about getting the shoes to those who really wanted them (us), it was a publicity stunt. In my opinion, Nike could have made 5x as many of these and still gotten the sold out in minutes effect, almost never see them on a dude's feet, only sold in boutiques, and not made them almost literally a crapshoot to get.
These were your strongest points. Most folks I've talked to have all said the same thing, Nike took a huge negative rep with this one. That is in addition to the fact that most of the shoes people want, they make enough shoes to satisfy an audience no bigger than a movie theater. The server issues, ugliness of their handily available shoes, and awful satisfaction rate have really damaged their brand. Some here will deny that and call people salty, but the people who have been here the whole time, the folks who know how things used to be, know what the deal is. Nike has become a garbage brand imo.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by donkeykong23

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 dig that . 

Dang what did you have to do for the scavenger hunt?? if you don't mind going into details... 
it was like an "amazing race" type of hunt around philly. they gave us clues and we had to take pictures at certain loactions, obtain certain items around philly, recording yourself reciting kayne west lyrics lol. its was really clever how they set it up. majority of the clues had something to do with kanye west or ben franklin. first 17 to finish were guranteed a pair and the last pair was raffled off to the losers... DJ Clark Kent DJ'd at the lil event they had for us after the hunt.. it was a pretty cool

Good meeting you too.  Were you in the Roshes?
Here's my recap of the scavenger hunt I posted in the regional forum....

SneakerVilla opened the online registration via EventBrite on Monday for the first 150 people.  The scavenger hunt was on Thursday, starting at 4am on the Art Museum Steps.  We got there, checked in, got Villa Yeezy 2 shirts, and they went over the rules.  You were given 4-5 riddle clues at a time.  You had to solve the riddle to get to a location in the city.  Once you got to the spot, you had to take your picture in front of the landmark with your Villa sign to prove you were there.  After you got your 4-5 pictures, you had to solve a riddle to get to the next checkpoint.  There you checked in where they would check to make sure your pictures were correct and then they gave you the next set of clues.  There were four checkpoints throughout the day.

There were 18 pairs of Yeezy's available (sold for retail).  They initially said that the 17 people with the shortest overall scavenger hunt time for all of the checkpoints would win the shoes.  However, this didn't work because there were always lines of people at each checkpoint, and it was impossible to know exactly when people got there (got really bad at the 2nd checkpoint).  So it was changed to the first 17 people to arrive at the final checkpoint would win the shoes.  The 18th pair would be raffled off to all of those who completed the scavenger hunt but didn't finish in the top 17.

The clues got harder as the day went on, specifically with the final checkpoint which had some really tough clues.  At the final checkpoint, they had vans to take the winners to Villa on Broad.  They had the store shutdown just for us.  DJ Clark Kent performed and they had food and drinks for everyone.  I think people would have been into it more if we weren't all exhausted from running around Philly for 16 straight hours, but it was still really cool.  Everyone who didn't win was given a $50 Villa giftcard which I also thought was really cool of them.  Then they called out the winners and we got to pick up our shoes.

Overall, I thought Villa did a great job with this.  I'll never spend days camping out for shoes, so this was the ideal option for me.  One day of work put in and I was lucky enough to win.  I was worried a little about security before the hunt started, but Villa hired two armed guards to work the entire hunt, and had extra security at the store when we got our shoes.  They really put a lot of their own money into this so I appreciate that.

I started the day working alone but met up with a dude halfway through (my man Octaveous on the bike) and we worked together from there on out to solve the clues and get to the locations.  He finished 9th and I finished 10th.  There were some out-of-towners in the hunt.  I think living in Philly and knowing how to get around was a huge advantage.

Shoutouts to everyone else I met as well.  All of the other winners, Wreckinkickz who started the original Yeezy 2 thread, a couple of other NT'ers I met, and everyone else.  A lot of cool people.

The day started at 4am and didn't end until 10pm.  It was exhausting but for a pair of shoes this exclusive, I would do it again.

Yea.. that was me in the Roshe's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom