Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by indianabound

SMH at all the newbies thinking their inclined to info.

Also what's even worst then newbies are the people who have joined NT over 2+ years ago saying I don't post but have been here for "x" amount of years with double digit post asking for PMs with restock info. Nobody is going to "help" you out.

Any info I come across you better believe I'm only sharing with ACTIVE members of the forum.

You have to contribute to the forum, instead of just posting in the "hypebeast" threads. Make your way to the pickup, outlet, and/or wdywt threads and give compliments or state an opinion. That goes a long way, TRUST you have to build relationships/friendships. It's when releases like these happen is why NikeTalk is here, info and people helping each other out but you have to contribute to reek it's rewards.
qft.  Build relationships and build good karma.  You'll get good things back.

Seriously.

and smh at kicksonfire trying to hype up their photoshop...

Federer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4 stores out here in Holland got them. 3 stores were first come, first served and 1 store did an online raffle saying their regular customers had more chance. I got to a store by thursday morning and there were already 30 people waiting. Waited a couple of hours and then the store manager announced they only had 23 pairs. I know for sure each of their employees got one and they had a note saying: 'We sell size 6-14, except sz. 7, 7.5 and 13', which also was a little fishy.

Originally Posted by Weather

Originally Posted by indianabound

SMH at all the newbies thinking their inclined to info.

Also what's even worst then newbies are the people who have joined NT over 2+ years ago saying I don't post but have been here for "x" amount of years with double digit post asking for PMs with restock info. Nobody is going to "help" you out.

Any info I come across you better believe I'm only sharing with ACTIVE members of the forum.

You have to contribute to the forum, instead of just posting in the "hypebeast" threads. Make your way to the pickup, outlet, and/or wdywt threads and give compliments or state an opinion. That goes a long way, TRUST you have to build relationships/friendships. It's when releases like these happen is why NikeTalk is here, info and people helping each other out but you have to contribute to reek it's rewards.
qft.  Build relationships and build good karma.  You'll get good things back. 
This is running rampant in this thread. Doesn't matter your post count to me, I'll help if I can but don't try to make yourself the aged vet. returning to his stomping grounds with 5 post in 72 years. I understand everyone's looking for info, but don't come in as the "vet" claiming everyone is wrong for not given you info since u been here for years.  

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Ive been watching a lot of yeezys in my size on ebay. I see listings end for a high price and then a couple days later get relisted.

So im wondering if some of these people are actually paying.
From my experience selling Galaxy's on eBay, they're not paying. I had 3 people flake on the first pair I eventually sold, people with good feedback and all. I think people we're winning auctions on purpose to screw the seller over in the beginning stages when the demand was high.
That's exactly what I talked about. Many just make new eBay accounts to bid up auctions without the intent to pay for them - which results to a delay in the market and then the value of the shoes decrease. So the seller looses money by re listing and waiting for it to sell again and the buyer wins by then catching the shoes at a lower market value price, helping every other buyer as well.
I've noticed the relistings as well.  That's pretty messed up, but I guess it plays out in favor of the buyers since the sellers are forced to relist at lower prices to move the kicks.   Sucks if you're an active feeBay seller.  Those Solar Red auctions in my size that actually end up getting paid for are now hovering around the $1800 price range.  

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I don't mind helping out people who really want the shoe IF a restock were to happen and I got some info. Nobody needs a certain post count or anything to deserve the help - it's a message board. It's pretty clear who's just hypebeasting and who wants it. 

amen brother. some ppl on here are so snobby and cliqish. good lookin out!!

Only two spots on Long Island had em.  I doubt they're restocking but would appreciate a PM from NY head. I'll do the same. 

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Only two spots on Long Island had em.  I doubt they're restocking but would appreciate a PM from NY head. I'll do the same. 

o word i thought it was only 1 spot on li.. can you message me bro?

Had to catch up on the thread from the beginning and from what I gathered:
- General saltiness over missing out/resellers (I agree with the reseller hate btw, but can't knock the hustle)

- Restock rumours

- People making fun of shirts

- More restock rumours

- SB hype

- Fakes

- Reports on good release day experiences

- Hate for "noob" or low post members

- Lurkers looking for that PM. 
laugh.gif

I myself don't post that often here on NT (mainly on ISS), but still read-up on most things. I'd gladly help all of you out with some information, but I'm up north in Canada, and I don't think any of my information will help you out that well. 

I will say though that building that relationship with stores is/was one of the ways to go for this release and all future releases. It's what helped me secure my big bangs, and my miami vice elites. 

For all of those who didn't cop, I do hope Nike does do a restock to help you out. 

laugh.gif
 All the PM stuff.
Especially after seeing the midsole cracking, I'm not in a hurry to get a pair. If I happen to find my size for a decent price, I'll grab them.

sad to say I feel there will be a restock and most people that get them will be resellers or friends/family with tipped info

I still have yet to obtain atleast one of these
mad.gif
! N im buying to wear
frown.gif

A restock would be both a genius and terrible move by Nike depending on how you look at it.

It would be a terrible move because the same resellers are going to go after them. Even if Nike makes a million of them, all of us are going to need to compete with the eBay sellers who still think they can make a quick buck.

It would be genius because the first release was basically a huge marketing ploy that a larger restock would still draw tons of revenue, attention, and basically cover Nike's %%+ for the "fiascoes" that people complained about the first time.

I still think Nike's smart enough to capitalize on what was called 'THE BIGGEST SNEAKER RELEASE EVER.' The only thing they've really gained from this was hype/coverage so far, but maybe that's enough.

My advice is to not get your hopes up... but I'm keeping my ears open because I'm not missing out again lol

I'm not even going to point out the troll on the last page.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Ive been watching a lot of yeezys in my size on ebay. I see listings end for a high price and then a couple days later get relisted.

So im wondering if some of these people are actually paying.
From my experience selling Galaxy's on eBay, they're not paying. I had 3 people flake on the first pair I eventually sold, people with good feedback and all. I think people we're winning auctions on purpose to screw the seller over in the beginning stages when the demand was high.
That's exactly what I talked about. Many just make new eBay accounts to bid up auctions without the intent to pay for them - which results to a delay in the market and then the value of the shoes decrease. So the seller looses money by re listing and waiting for it to sell again and the buyer wins by then catching the shoes at a lower market value price, helping every other buyer as well.
In my two cases, both were "buyers" with great feedback that had been eBay members for a while. Guess they didn't care about the strike on their accounts. But like you mentioned, it pretty much messed my listings up in the beginning as I lost an extra $5-700 that first week and a half.

^ thats why i just do buy it nows and apply the immediate payment feature to each listing, that way they have to pay to end the auction. also i put in the listing details that i am taking offers so that way i get interest even though my BIN price might be high. works 99% of the time as long as you know what to price your items at and dont get greedy...

From what I've heard there are no restocks only stores receiving super late shipments which they did not get in time for the initial release date. I know of a few locations which got in one size run but were immediately scooped up by employees and not even given a chance to go on the sales floor. Expect that to happen at every small store. People know what these are worth unless a big store like a major FL location gets more pairs I dont think you guys will make it there in time to get something. Then again you just never know with Nike and their inventory.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom