Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sat on this story for a while, but here goes.
Like most of you, I was pretty excited when I saw that the Yeezy 2's were dropping. As they had for some of the previous releases, Nike announced that they were going to drop them online without an exact specified time, but would tweet out the link.
I graduated with a computer science degree, and so I instantly got the idea of somehow leveraging Twitter to give me a better chance of getting a pair or two. The idea was simple - write a computer program that would listen to NIke's Twitter feed and automatically open up the links for me right when the tweet got sent. As many of you know, there's a bit of a lag if you're actually trying to use a Twitter client to see tweets (i.e. you'll actually see them appear seconds after the tweet got originally sent), so writing this sort of a program would completely sidestep that issue and effectively give me a jump on everyone else.
Well, the program worked. I had a good 20-30 seconds of time on NDC which allowed me to get one pair of both colors into my cart, and then the crash happened. All of the craziness ensued, and I was lucky to be able to come out at the very end with my pairs.
If you're smart, then you'll understand the implications of this...
Damn......knew I should have tried to stick it out in the computer science program in college.....had to settle for Finance major instead.
smile.gif

Nice work to you! Sell this program and your pockets pry be overflowing!

Twitter clients don't refresh exactly in real-time. Take a look at yours and watch the top of the feed... even if you're getting a lot of tweets appearing in your feed, they come bunched a few at a time. The text notifications are even worse, as the information has to travel from Twitter through all of the phone connections.
The listener that I have in place will get the response EXACTLY when the tweet gets sent, because it's only listening to a single account and doesn't have to deal with UI refreshes/etc. Also, since it opens the links immediately when the tweet is sent, it effectively allows me to be one of the very first people to have access to the site while everyone else is waiting for their Twitter feeds to refresh, THEN they click on the link. There's a lot of potential lag time in the middle.
How much... Im serious.

Twitter clients don't refresh exactly in real-time. Take a look at yours and watch the top of the feed... even if you're getting a lot of tweets appearing in your feed, they come bunched a few at a time. The text notifications are even worse, as the information has to travel from Twitter through all of the phone connections.
The listener that I have in place will get the response EXACTLY when the tweet gets sent, because it's only listening to a single account and doesn't have to deal with UI refreshes/etc. Also, since it opens the links immediately when the tweet is sent, it effectively allows me to be one of the very first people to have access to the site while everyone else is waiting for their Twitter feeds to refresh, THEN they click on the link. There's a lot of potential lag time in the middle.

ill buy it too. give me a price.

Damn......knew I should have tried to stick it out in the computer science program in college.....had to settle for Finance major instead.
smile.gif

Nice work to you! Sell this program and your pockets pry be overflowing!
Haha I did the EXACT same thing!  Computer Science switched to double major in Finance in Economics.  Glad I did because I love my job, but I'd like to know how to do what he used.

Also dbao, I am in to purchase this program as well.  Sell me you secrets master, I've got a soul to spare
laugh.gif

Last edited:
* Wore these today . Last wear before I store them away for a while

IMG_4654 by Micho.0, on Flickr

Seems as if the 2s made people forget about these :nerd:

Last edited:
^^^ them boys just wanted to be down/didn't get the 1s... There's no way possible anyone can prefer the 2 over the 1. It's ludicrous.

And oh yeah... As far as that program goes... It's very powerful: in the right hands it could be game changing; in the wrong hands it would destroy the shoe game... With that much power comes great responsibility. Handle it well, lucious fox...

^^^ them boys just wanted to be down/didn't get the 1s... There's no way possible anyone can prefer the 2 over the 1. It's ludicrous.

ive had both and I honestly prefer the 2s. the design overall is just better and less gaudy. they were hard to wear with shorts and only looked their best with jeans. however i will forever love the quality and comfort of the 1.

my idea of the perfect yeezy would be a mixture of both. the supple leather insole, overall design, removeable lacetips and intense glow of the 2s. And the soft leather upper, dyed midsoles, lacelocks, and plush ankle padding of the 1s.

And oh yeah... As far as that program goes... It's very powerful: in the right hands it could be game changing; in the wrong hands it would destroy the shoe game... With that much power comes great responsibility. Handle it well, lucious fox...
I'm in on this too.

Haha I did the EXACT same thing!  Computer Science switched to double major in Finance in Economics.  Glad I did because I love my job, but I'd like to know how to do what he used.
Nice! I doubled in Finance and Real Estate and no regrets...love my job too!

I got some friends that do computer programing so I'm going to ask them if they have any ideas......here's to hoping!

Save your money. If there's enough demand, I'll release a program to NTers that does instant automatic link opening of a selected account for FREE. I would just need to adapt my current code a bit so it's easier for people to use. PM me if you want to be a tester. Looking for Mac and Win users. Please tell me what OS version (OS X 10.4.2, Windows 7, etc) you are running in your PM or I will not consider you for early testing.

this dude right here deserves the :nthat:

NT program? I'm in! 3-5 seconds might not sound like much, but its enough time to add to cart and begin the checkout process. I've had the opportunity to make NDC purchases at work. The internet connection is stupid fast! Worldwide, billions in profit per quarter fast. Making the jump on people and checking out before everyone else does is key. The WC4 drop was eyeopening for me. I clicked the link, added 2 pairs, checked out and got confirmation numbers. I then went and got another pair, but after the whole crash/reboot fiasco. I just wish I was working on certain drops. But I like my time off.

* Wore these today . Last wear before I store them away for a while

IMG_4654 by Micho.0, on Flickr

Seems as if the 2s made people forget about these :nerd:

so beautiful :wow:

Never could afford the black pair so I went with the Tans...Somehow the Tans were the least expensive of the set...yet the most gorgeous to me atleast besides these...

^what happened with that dude? didnt he confess his mistake and refund ppl their money?

^what happened with that dude? didnt he confess his mistake and refund ppl their money?

I believe he did confess to his mistake but never di refund the people their money. I kow he mad at least $1500 because he charged $100 a piece for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom