Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the link will be google-able like the dead link for the Yeezy 1s ...by the time Nike store tweets it its gon be too late smh

what happened to the days where actually sneaker heads could successfully get there shoes damn resellers feed nike to become the monopoly they are

I have a feeling this is going to be an easy cop on NDC. I've been right about this release so far, and something tells me they're gonna have a reeeeeally large stock for this, and WILL be ready to handle the server load.
Consider these reasons:

• Nike only sent limited quantities to boutiques for a reason - to control this release. The last few hyped releases haven't gone over well and Nike knows this. They were never planning on huge quantities in stores to prevent people from getting upset and starting riots and $#&@. That's why they only sent a semi-large stock to 21 Mercer (their exclusive boutique) for heads who want to cop in the traditional campout style. 
  • Hype is too big. Nike knows how big this hype is and again, doesn't want another Galaxy Foam release.  They want to discourage resells (because lets face it; Nike WANTS our money) and prevent the bad press associated with salty hypebeasts.
  • Look at how much stock was allocated to A, B, and C (and also D) list celebs. I figured this before any stores had confirmation of stock - Nike can't dodge bad press by giving away all of the world's Y2s to celebrities to show off on Instagram. Therefore, they anticipated how many people would want these shoes IN ADDITION to the celebs and produced enough to satisfy the thirst. This is why I think the April date was pushed; Nike claims it wasn't, but I think it was to produce more pairs.
Basically what it comes down to - Nike wants people to buy their product, from them, and they know how big the hype is. This release is different from the Galaxies because with a shoe like this, even people like me who aren't heads (I don't own a single pair of J's and more than likely never will) want to cop. Nike wants us to them our money, not to resellers on eBay. They WILL come through, I'm confident.

Montalbaln is postponing it
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

damn been following montalban all day and NOW they decide to postpone it?
They could have said this 3 1/2 hours ago and saved my time.
What @!%@*#$.

It makes sense, but it still seems optomistic to think they'll change their ways based on the Galaxy release. This is Nike, and while most sensible people would agree with your line of thinking, they've proved that the hype is more important to them in the past.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Funny how dudes calling it rigged when the picked a guy from Dallas when he can't even pick em up.

Doesn't mean it wan't rigged.  21 Mercer has pulled some shady crap with limited released stuff in the past this wouldn't surprise me at all.  BTW if it wasn't rigged please explain this to me
laugh.gif

post your record breaking twitter rsvp dm times
laugh.gif

mine was within 4/5 seconds each

SMH this means they just planning on how to handle it so the employees and they fam get taken care of

guess its all up to HOH for now

Montalban just did me wrong -___-I could've been doing other things but instead I wait in front of my computer for hours for nothing

I am so heated right now
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom