Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

Originally Posted by reidwms

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

These will go for $2500 easy.

The price will be what we set it at, so saying things like this doesnt help at all, just gives resellers ideas.
It's no secret. Nothing will stop the insane prices. I personally think $2500 is a low estimation, More like 3k minimum. 
smh

3k ? No way !
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by andfattoo

The price will be what we set it at, so saying things like this doesnt help at all, just gives resellers ideas.
It's no secret. Nothing will stop the insane prices. I personally think $2500 is a low estimation, More like 3k minimum. 
smh
Thats OD there's no way in hell these will touch 3k, now y'all really just hyping stuff up

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

These will go for $2500 easy.

how did you come to this conclusion?
laugh.gif

do we even know how many pairs are being produced? hard to say what prices will be like without this info

If the supply for these sneakers will be as limited as the originals, then I definitely see them going for 3k, no problem. That's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by nikemike715

Originally Posted by Joulze

Every time I hear a shoe store talking about raffling off ticket for a shoe I really can't help but laugh
laugh.gif
. Now don't get me wrong I understand that this is a very limited release but to raffle off a shoe or anything "AND THE WINNER GETS TO PAY FULL PRICE"
roll.gif
roll.gif
sounds hilarious to me. So basically your winning a chance to give Nike $250 plus tax.
indifferent.gif
for a shoe they marked up $35
30t6p3b.gif
That's like me telling you hey I'm having a raffle drawing for a brand new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador
eek.gif
!!! And the winners gets to pay the full price of $376,000!!! 
sick.gif

How is it so funny?Does this mean you're not going to participate in the raffle (I hope so, better chances for others)Or are you going to still participate and let Nike have its way regardless?
A.) It's funny because typically when there's a raffle drawing for something people don't have to pay for their prize. Think of a raffle drawing for a winning lotto ticket for example, if your ticket was a winner would you pay the lotto company $1,000,000 for you winning the lotto or would they pay you the $1,000,000?
B.) There is not a "worldwide raffle" going on for these shoes, meaning every place that will carry the shoe will not necessarily be doing a raffle. Also right now there's no solid information on where the shoes will be released, or what type of release the shoe will be just a lot of rumors and if you do your homework you'll notice that all three pairs of the Yeezy 1's came to Nike.com for retail and Nike doesn't do raffles for online releases. And it's not "Nike" having"it's way, it's the way how the store carrying the shoe, chooses to release them.

C.) I have NEVER and will NEVER participate in a "raffle" drawing for any shoe and my shoe collection is MASSIVE and in my area they don't even do raffle drawings for sneakers, so I wouldn't be increasing or decreasing the chances for anybody by not participating in a "raffle" drawing. But best wishes to the Nters that do participate in the raffle if that's how they will release in your area.

Man...I don't know if these will hit $3k man. Think about it...The Mags currently go for $4-5K...I feel like these may be a liiiiittle bit less sought after, no? I mean, mags brought out sneaker enthusiasts and Hollywood memorabilia collectors as well. All we're talking about here are Yeezy fans and Sneaker beasts. Smaller demographic, therefore slightly less selling opportunity as long as people wise up and say NO!. We (buyers of the Yeezy 2 for it's actual sneaker value) have got to make the sellers meet us half way. I mean, cats are just basically ready to walk up to dudes after cleaning out their accounts and saying "Here, I don't need this. Don't even make the effort to rob me sir....I'll give it to you!!!" Come on Community!! Get SMART!!!

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Didnt galaxy foams sell for 2500 on release date and now there down to 1200-1500?

Exactly , I don't think it will surpass the price of the first ones 

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Man...I don't know if these will hit $3k man. Think about it...The Mags currently go for $4-5K...I feel like these may be a liiiiittle bit less sought after, no? I mean, mags brought out sneaker enthusiasts and Hollywood memorabilia collectors as well. All we're talking about here are Yeezy fans and Sneaker beasts. Smaller demographic, therefore slightly less selling opportunity as long as people wise up and say NO!. We (buyers of the Yeezy 2 for it's actual sneaker value) have got to make the sellers meet us half way. I mean, cats are just basically ready to walk up to dudes after cleaning out their accounts and saying "Here, I don't need this. Don't even make the effort to rob me sir....I'll give it to you!!!" Come on Community!! Get SMART!!!
this exactly. If the buyers dont play into the stupid $2000+ resell prices, they have to come down. 
But this is dumb because nobody knows how many will release. That will be the deciding factor.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

this exactly. If the buyers dont play into the stupid $2000+ resell prices, they have to come down. 
But this is dumb because nobody knows how many will release. That will be the deciding factor.
fam we had foamposites going for 1500$$$ is really not that far fetched for Yeezy 2's to brek over 2k, i really hope not, but this is a shoe that has been anticipated for monthhhhhhhssssss....an anticipation those damb galaxies didnt have and they still sold for 1500$

what i think tends to happen, like take the galaxy foams and concords for instance, right within the first few days after they drop, everyone who couldn't get them for retail (for whatever reason) straight BEAST on 'em and pay crazy sandusky prices (remember for a day or two after the concords dropped, we saw auctions ending for freaking $1200, and more in some cases, and some of those idiots really paid that, got caught up in hype, on some impulse buy $$*#, and now they can be had for like $350...
laugh.gif
), prolly cuz they got money to blow like that... but then, shortly after, the market is usually flooded, and prices start to come down to reasonable levels... i've seen it happen on any shoes with any type of hype to 'em, from yeezys to asics...

usually, if you hold tight, you can catch 'em for a much more reasonable price (just don't wait too long cuz once the market becomes less flooded, people get desperate again and start paying sandusky prices again)...

i really hope these don't go all OD and see 2 and 3k resell prices, but considering the madness lately, how everybody is a sneakerhead and/or reseller these days, it won't surprise me (at least initially)...
30t6p3b.gif

but i'm with y'all on not giving into the resellers on these, we just gotta chill, stand our ground, cuz ultimately we do control the resell value (along with how limited they are, the hype surrounding them, etc)...

The more ya'll talk about stupid prices, the more ideas ya'll are giving dudes to charge for stupid prices.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

what i think tends to happen, like take the galaxy foams and concords for instance, right within the first few days after they drop, everyone who couldn't get them for retail (for whatever reason) straight BEAST on 'em and pay crazy sandusky prices (remember for a day or two after the concords dropped, we saw auctions ending for freaking $1200, and more in some cases, and some of those idiots really paid that, got caught up in hype, on some impulse buy $$*#, and now they can be had for like $350...
laugh.gif
), prolly cuz they got money to blow like that... but then, shortly after, the market is usually flooded, and prices start to come down to reasonable levels... i've seen it happen on any shoes with any type of hype to 'em, from yeezys to asics...

usually, if you hold tight, you can catch 'em for a much more reasonable price (just don't wait too long cuz once the market becomes less flooded, people get desperate again and start paying sandusky prices again)...

i really hope these don't go all OD and see 2 and 3k resell prices, but considering the madness lately, how everybody is a sneakerhead and/or reseller these days, it won't surprise me (at least initially)...
30t6p3b.gif

but i'm with y'all on not giving into the resellers on these, we just gotta chill, stand our ground, cuz ultimately we do control the resell value (along with how limited they are, the hype surrounding them, etc)...

This. I think there will be about 1.5-2x as many of these out there compared to the 1s (just a guess but with how things have been lately and the fact that Ye wanted more...) and you'll be able to find them for 6-7 hundred without much trouble if you get around. I honestly think it could be less too depending on quantity but there's just no way they could get over 11-12 hundred when the prices settle. More produced than the 1s, more gonna be up on the market... How could you not think they'll be worth less? Hype only is gonna take these so far (IMO), and that won't be chillin in four digits. People just need to relax with these. Resale prices really are dependent on us and us alone. WE make the price on eBay.

Definitely wont reach 2k......Maybe 1000 and change when they first release and a year after but i can see maybe 700-800 being the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom