Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hype can only take 'em so far, yeah, but i think it's evident things are really changing (for the worse)... especially since 2009, and unfortunately, even with more being produced, they could end up being a much bigger hassle than the first ones were... will prolly go for more money too, at least at first... tho, i still firmly believe these will only make the value of the 1's go up... at 3k of each colorway worldwide, DS pairs are as rare as hen's teeth now...

Originally Posted by terx

3k ? No way !
30t6p3b.gif

Right. I think it will gor for 2 Gs max! 

This is prolly answered so many times but is is REALLY the official date

[color= rgb(153, 153, 153)]Nike Air Yeezy 2[/color]
Wolf Grey/Pure Platinum
508214-010
April 13th, 2012
$250

Agree with everyone. Its always the one douche bag who puts the shoe up for an absurd price and then that one @##@@!% who pays that price. Then it's on.

honestly, some times i think it's celebrities making their stylist or assistants buy 'em for 'em on feebay, even if ridiculous sandusky prices... and yeah, rich kids...
laugh.gif

The YEEZY 1's and the Galaxy foamposites are both on flight club around the 1500-1600 price range, (with the exception of the blinks)... There is like a FSR on those Galaxies meaning no one is even buying at that price range. And flight club is typically on the higher price end....Where are these prices y'all are spewing out come from?? Y'all hyping up every single release and putting these ridiculous price mark ideas on them...then getting mad you have to pay them to attain the shoes. Just chill lol

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

some white kid in the suburbs will get mom to buy a pair for $5 K

all downhill after

hypocracism much? maybe his parents are the CEOs of W.E.T.(white entertainment television) and make tons of money to blow just for being white, i mean who are we to judge?
anyways, i think speculating on resale prices is pointless and only adds fuel to the homeless' fire.  yes, as history has shown us they can be crazy right off the bat but i agree with proto that those are most likely from the pool of lower class celebrities i.e. the ben ballers of the world.  

and galaxy foams are now ending at right around 1000 or a little less and will continue to drop due to the upcoming european release...

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

all downhill after

hypocracism much? maybe his parents are the CEOs of W.E.T.(white entertainment television) and make tons of money to blow just for being white, i mean who are we to judge?
anyways, i think speculating on resale prices is pointless and only adds fuel to the homeless' fire.  yes, as history has shown us they can be crazy right off the bat but i agree with proto that those are most likely from the pool of lower class celebrities i.e. the ben ballers of the world.  

and galaxy foams are now ending at right around 1000 or a little less and will continue to drop due to the upcoming european release...

Even if his parents are the CEO of "WET" then he is probably a rich white kid in the suburbs. Didn't sound like he was judging. You pretty much agreed with what he said.

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

all downhill after

JF is actually right...(not some much on white kid part) but its the guy/chick/baby mama/parent etc thats just gotta have them....for themselves..for there litte junior at home...or for there baby daddy that ultimately drive up the prices....Add in the mix people that buy any pair...just to buy a pair....with the purpose of selling that pair to actually get there pair....thats why the market stays in flated for at least two weeks after release.....For the most part the pairs floating around Ebay after the inital launch are of course resellers and people swapping for sizes...Cause at the end of the day...What difference does it make if I sell a pair for $100 or $2000 as long as I have enough to buy my actual pair for the price there selling for....

As far as celebs driving up the market...that is such a small and insignificant number thats its really not even worth debating....Your "real" celebrites are gifted these things either wayyyy in advance or have access to them...And im not talking about through a stylist either....Your average stylist has connections with the Brands through tastemaker accounts to also get access...Under RARE occasions someone may need or request an item under a pressure time table, they may have to go purchase them...but generally those people are not on EBAY...they are in higher end boutiques or the FlightClubs of the world because there timetable doesnt generally allow for SHIPPING and HANDLING time...

You want things to change...its pretty simple....Dude before made an excellent point....Have a raffle....which is by far the fairest way....then make sure that people can only win there size...Once you do this you eliminate the "swapping" for pairs crowd that floods ebay and craigslist...

Second...dudes gotta stop being so damn thirsty...they are only kicks...I paid what I would deem a STUPID amount of money for my Mags...but....they are my ultimate Grail...they are more then Iconic....and there is nothing like them nor has there EVER been anything like them....To pay $2500 for a pair of FOAMS...its just stupid...In my opinion....I mean come on...you got dudes in here talking about paying $1000 for sneakers they HAVENT EVEN SEEN YET (other then in pics).....They havent tried them on...touched the materials...NOTHING....and there spending rent money/mortgage money on them....that is CRAZY!!!!.....

Again...this culture went upside down the minute everyone wanted to be a damn YOUTUBE sensation....the minute the WDYWT Thread went Global...the minute the PICKUP thread was saved on dudes homepages....I mean its cool to have cool things...Im not knocking that....and I think its cool to like what you like...when it becomes about OneUping the next man...and the fight to have the most exclusive this or that....The beast come out....The problem is there are Wolves out there that eat beast for breakfeast....and alot of beast took it in the %$@@ with the FOAMS....expect nothing less with these...Sorry to say.

again i agree with what people are saying in terms of the ridiculous prices, i already stated the amount i am willing to pay and my reasoning behind it. i dont believe that in this case with this particular shoe that i am causing any harm or supporting any negative influence on the culture by being willing to pay over retail for mine, it just has to do with a combination of variables that are specific to only me. for those who will get them at retail(and keep them to wear and enjoy), i am happy for you, but i will be just as happy for myself when mine arrive...

Originally Posted by DWalk31

The YEEZY 1's and the Galaxy foamposites are both on flight club around the 1500-1600 price range, (with the exception of the blinks)... There is like a FSR on those Galaxies meaning no one is even buying at that price range. And flight club is typically on the higher price end....Where are these prices y'all are spewing out come from?? Y'all hyping up every single release and putting these ridiculous price mark ideas on them...then getting mad you have to pay them to attain the shoes. Just chill lol

Those are not Yeezy 2 prices; and even if they were Yeezy 2 prices, you gotta keep in mind that the sneakers haven't released yet. It's immediately after sneakers release that panic and hysteria sets in and the crazy Sandusky money starts to fly. 
Now, granted, panic and hysteria does tend to taper and prices do tumble hard; but, again, that initial wave of aftermarket products does tend to command very high prices. 

^Anyone can get caught with "ridiculous" prices if they have it and feed into the hype. I realize those are Yeezy 1 prices, my point is that if people simply had patience and wait it out the resellers are forced to drop prices (like what has occurred with the galaxies) I was referencing the 5k someone mentioned...Thats absurd

I can see people saying rape prices but why dudes throwing around Sandusky like its clever. Dude had real victims and you can put a face to it. A kids face. When was it ever cool to joke about child rape. Grow up.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

I can see people saying rape prices but why dudes throwing around Sandusky like its clever. Dude had real victims and you can put a face to it. A kids face. When was it ever cool to joke about child rape. Grow up.

QFT

"....then make sure that people can only win there size"

That's not going to work...i dunno if it actually worked, but people would grab some random size and ask for a trade for their size. Like a size 13'er maybe grabbed an 8 and a size 8'er grabbed a 13

weren't the yeezy 1's going for $400 at one point? (zen's tans?)....shoulda grabbed them by then....now $600 looks like a great price

I was able to get a pair of Nets for $380 5 months after release. Other than retail, I've yet to see a Yeezy fetch less than that. Hell, I've been offered $1k for my used and abused Zens. In reality I expect this release to be just like the last one. If you want them you gotta wait or cough up the bread.

Originally Posted by anwagbo3000

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

QFT

Oh, but it was cool when it was M.Jackson though?!!? GFTO! (Couldn't resist the correction).....Back to the sneakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom