Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to touch base on the last 24 hours worth of news (Again I am just a third party source passing on info which is not %100 solid but an idea of what is happening with the release of the sneaker):

A lot of what is going on is because of what happened with the Galaxys. The near riots were no joke and Nike took A LOT of heat. The videos of people waiting a over a month for the Yeezy 2 was not taken lightly and the feel is that Nike doesn't want that to be the situation for everyone who wants a pair.

This sounded like a reach to me but Nike may actually send out memos for how each store should handle the release of the shoe.

As for the postponement it might be legit but the shoe is still expected to have an April release (Remember the Galaxys didn't pop up until 2 weeks before launch). The possibility of it being an unannounced release is highly unlikely. I personally dont think it would be possible because TOO many people would have to keep their mouths shut if and when these make it to retail stores. I sort of can see it happening but the moment any store gets their shipment the news will spread.

Several Foot Locker stores are STILL expected to receive the sneaker.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

A lot of what is going on is because of what happened with the Galaxys. The near riots were no joke and Nike took A LOT of heat. The videos of people waiting a over a month for the Yeezy 2 was not taken lightly and the feel is that Nike doesn't want that to be the situation for everyone who wants a pair.

This sounded like a reach to me but Nike may actually send out memos for how each store should handle the release of the shoe.

see, cats said i was trippin', and nike doesn't care, all they want is hype and therefore record profits, but i knew the galaxy scenario, right after the concord mayhem, was enough to make nike rethink some things...

they are gonna get their hype and dough either way, so why wouldn't they try to dampen any further bad press and control things a bit more (cuz they def have control over retailers, they keep them on their toes, scared of losing their accounts all the time)?

they know if this release isn't handled carefully, it could be really, really bad for their name...

Just to touch base on the last 24 hours worth of news (Again I am just a third party source passing on info which is not %100 solid but an idea of what is happening with the release of the sneaker):

As for the postponement it might be legit but the shoe is still expected to have an April release (Remember the Galaxys didn't pop up until 2 weeks before launch). The possibility of it being an unannounced release is highly unlikely. I personally dont think it would be possible because TOO many people would have to keep their mouths shut if and when these make it to retail stores. I sort of can see it happening but the moment any store gets their shipment the news will spread.

If they werent such a giant piece of #%@% of a company, making more of them would solve that instantly.  But no, theyll just devise some plan that will still lead to riots, robberies, and possibly deaths.   Good job Nike.
eyes.gif

I think if it's really postponed then Nike must be making more pairs. If the hype gets any higher it could really result negatively in the public eye for the brand when nobody gets em. I'm more than happy to wait a few months if that means I have a better chance at getting a pair. I'm in no hurry.

THIS. WOULD. BE. GLORIOUS.

HONESTLY, I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH ANY OF THESE SCENERIOS:

1. SILENT RELEASE. THEY HIT ALL THE RETAILERS WITHIN A DAY OR TWO OF EACH OTHER UNANNOUNCED. FIRST ONES TO THE STORE OR THOSE SHOPPING THAT DAY GET THEM.

2. NO CAMPING UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE. SHOW UP BEFORE THEN AND YOU WON'T EVEN HAVE THE CHANCE TO SNIFF THE GLUE ON THE SHOE.

3. RAFFLES. CAMPING ELIMINATED. FAIR SHOT FOR EVERYONE.

Nike has to be makin more pairs of these that's the only logical explanation.... There's no need to build more hype dudes is already campin 2months before the release how much more hyped u gonna make it

I gotta say these look way better than the 1's. The 1's remind me of a spizike or any other fusion type jordan where they just slap a few shoes together. It is not my style but I can definitely appreciate the the direction he went designing these. There is a lot a attention to detail in these i.e. the head of Horus to the pyramids to the hieroglyphs to the ridges that look like raised sand dunes. It just has a more organic feel to the design process that has a running theme.

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

I gotta say these look way better than the 1's.

i said it from day 1
yeezy 1s arent even that serious, its just on niketalk and in sneaker world dudes always wanna put the OG of something at the top, an wanna talk about how special they feel when they got the first release of something

My sources told me that they are pushing the release date to sometime in June. Take it for what it's worth.

There might be a major change in the release date. At this point I dont expect anything truly solid about the date until a week or two before they decide what it will be. Sorry guys.

There might be a major change in the release date. At this point I dont expect anything truly solid about the date until a week or two before they decide what it will be. Sorry guys.

Why Nike why! !
laugh.gif

Did the Galaxy fiasco really scare Nike to postpone this release or are they going to make more pairs to make sure dudes dont go to war getting these if they are that limited again ?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i said it from day 1
yeezy 1s arent even that serious, its just on niketalk and in sneaker world dudes always wanna put the OG of something at the top, an wanna talk about how special they feel when they got the first release of something

that's your opinion,I personally like both,& liking the first model had nothing to do with it being the original or cause of hype or memories,I liked the shoe period,just like I like the 2's.

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

Why Nike why! !
laugh.gif

Did the Galaxy fiasco really scare Nike to postpone this release or are they going to make more pairs to make sure dudes dont go to war getting these if they are that limited again ?

^this

hope these come out as a surprise release though..so the resellers can cry their eyes out

i said it from day 1

Nah that's 100% truth though. Dudes love to hype the "OG" too much with stuff now.

Originally Posted by PRIME

i said it from day 1

Nah that's 100% truth though. Dudes love to hype the "OG" too much with stuff now.

Most of the time when OG stuff is praised it's due to the craftsmanship on the particular model, Nike just doesn't do it like they used to.  
In reality this is a subjective issue, some collect, others love wearing/owning a lot of sneakers, and many now are simply beasts.  To the collector a pair of OG sneakers found DS 15+ years after they were produced means a whole lot more than if the shoe is retroed and they walk into a shop to buy it.  To the average enthusiast, sneakers that are OG or retro might not hold too much of a difference in their eyes because they just want to wear/own that particular model in a particular CW. 

In respect to the Yeezy's I think its simply subjective, a matter of taste.  Reading some comments on both sides of the argument leads me to believe that some of the hate for the 1 is due to people not owning them and hoping they have the 2.  On the other hand I've also felt that some owners of the 1 feel like they must praise it as the better model due to the fact that they own it and dont own the 2 yet.  Lastly there are those that forget the hype and actually like the shoe and the CW and will purchase accordingly, whether its AY1, AY2, or any other sneaker that appeals to them (I incluse myself here). 

Like I said though,  at the end... this is all subjective. 

Sorry for the long post.

I gotta say these look way better than the 1's. The 1's remind me of a spizike or any other fusion type jordan where they just slap a few shoes together. It is not my style but I can definitely appreciate the the direction he went designing these. There is a lot a attention to detail in these i.e. the head of Horus to the pyramids to the hieroglyphs to the ridges that look like raised sand dunes. It just has a more organic feel to the design process that has a running theme.

this
pimp.gif

I didn't like nor want the Yeezy 1s...The Wolf Grey and Solar Reds i must have...

Like I said 20 pages back. I am a huge fan of Kanye, yet the Yeezy 1s suck. But I hate the Jordan IIIs so naturally.....

But I agree. Its just so people can say they got the OGs.

why not make this an online only release? There really is no down side to it. No violence, No large crowds, a fair chance for everyone, and will somewhat cut down on resellers (although 90% of people will resell anyway)

Originally Posted by jordans4life

why not make this an online only release? There really is no down side to it. No violence, No large crowds, a fair chance for everyone, and will somewhat cut down on resellers (although 90% of people will resell anyway)

This wins for Best First Post on Nike Talk of the Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom