Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lowkey there's no way Nike's servers could handle it, complaints would be through the roof about orders not getting through

Originally Posted by jordans4life

why not make this an online only release? There really is no down side to it. No violence, No large crowds, a fair chance for everyone, and will somewhat cut down on resellers (although 90% of people will resell anyway)
I thought about this too.
It would probably be more expensive for nike to do an online release. Their servers fail for major gr releases, could u imagine all those people logged in going for just one sneaker that will be in about the ten thousands? They would have to spend more money improve and increase their servers but knowing Nike they won't. Less of a hassle for them to allow the chaos of camping than improving the site.  

Bet you detox comes out before these
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

why not make this an online only release? There really is no down side to it. No violence, No large crowds, a fair chance for everyone, and will somewhat cut down on resellers (although 90% of people will resell anyway)
It would probably be more expensive for nike to do an online release. Their servers fail for major gr releases, could u imagine all those people logged in going for just one sneaker that will be in about the ten thousands? They would have to spend more money improve and increase their servers but knowing Nike they won't. Less of a hassle for them to allow the chaos of camping than improving the site.  
They could try dividing online releases regionally. So everyone on EST can purchase online at 12, CST their time at 12, and PST their time at 12, to hopefully prevent the sites from crashing. And of course each region would each have their own stock to begin with. One potential problem that can occur is if they do end up crashing any way, would the site be able to fix the server in a quickly manner.

I would also like for Nike Stores to be the exclusive sellers of these.. $@&$ all the shadiness that goes on with shops like blends, attic, millennium etc, that receive 10-15 pairs, keep most pairs for themselves and sell 4 pairs to the public.
30t6p3b.gif

im reporting this thread 2 staff. we dont need 2 threads of (insert-summary-name-of-choice that is preferred) nonsense, hypebeasting, speculating, flame, personalization, etc

Originally Posted by MrNikeTalk

im reporting this thread 2 staff. we dont need 2 threads of (insert-summary-name-of-choice that is preferred) nonsense, hypebeasting, speculating, flame, personalization, etc

indifferent.gif

3f416c1f9a6f3cffcaca5e1b5ddf35691834c462_r.gif

I hope all yeezy 2's are a general release without them being stated as a general release
wink.gif
.   That would be
eek.gif
.  I mean there are loyal NIKE customers ALL OVER THE COUNTRY
pimp.gif

mfghilario wrote:
My question is why would these detailed pics come out, then Nike say a couple days later that it's been postponed.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

This is prolly answered so many times but is is REALLY the official date

[color= rgb(153, 153, 153)]Nike Air Yeezy 2[/color]
Wolf Grey/Pure Platinum
508214-010
April 13th, 2012
$250

Not happening. The 3rd colorway hasn't even been finalized yet so expect this to get pushed back, again.

Happy about the RD getting pushed back. I'll be out of town on 4/13 and would've had no shot. Now, I'll at least have an opportunity at a pair.

Originally Posted by juicyju

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

They could try dividing online releases regionally. So everyone on EST can purchase online at 12, CST their time at 12, and PST their time at 12, to hopefully prevent the sites from crashing. And of course each region would each have their own stock to begin with. One potential problem that can occur is if they do end up crashing any way, would the site be able to fix the server in a quickly manner.

Lol, that logic doesn't work online. Ppl from Cali would think they're slick and try to order at 9p which is 12a EST. Unless Nike has one of their super cool web developers implement some JavaScript and/or cookie cache that detects a users time zone. Smh ... My geek is showing.

Expect info to leak either Monday or Tuesday after rep meetings...

There is ALOT of high level talk going on about these....the main issue again is Nike can't control inventory once it's shipped to customers...to dudes point earlier it's impossible to have a release that no one knows about because how many shop owners...store employees...high level Nike employees LIVE on NT???? Dudes that are thirsty for e-props wont be able to keep there mouths shut...

There are talks about treating the release in the same fashion as the Mags (which came outta no where) the problem is Nike can't do this without pissing off Footlocker Corp as well as 100's of smaller independents....now when I say the same as the Mags I don't mean eBay auction I mean have Nike control the initial drop..that way they can CONTROL how the release is handled...

Again...the problem is not NIKE it's actually Footlocker...(which is Nikes BIGGEST customer) they just don't seem to be able to get there act together when it comes to these things...and that is mostly because DM's handle there regions different...region by region...with everything from what times stores open..to stock amount..to how many are available to employees...there is little to know consistency across Footlocker lines...with the exception of HoH...which generally Is WHY ALOT of product Nike tries to enforce limitation of HoH only (but even that isnt working)

so in summary, they (swoosh) are truly trying 2 destroy the the monoploy that is Harlem House of Hoops and thier insider trading

^^
Lol at you thinking that wouldn't be possible with how advanced technology is. Of course there would be some slick people trying to purchase it but there is probably a sufficient way to disable them from buying it or most importantly blocking access to the site. First one that came to mind, using their billing/shipping address. You wouldn't even be able to select the state outside of the time zone during the purchasing process. Of course this way would still allow people access on the site and crash it before most would get there. But its just an example for non-believers like ericjunior on different ways for this to work.

Originally Posted by juicyju

^^
Lol at you thinking that wouldn't be possible with how advanced technology is.

not for nothing my lil homey, but you need 2 stop.
I have been trying 2 help NikeTalk for YEARS

Harlem House of Hoops' monopoly has been in effect since 2008.

ask everyone who attempted for a galaxy foam pair at hoh harlem.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I would also like for Nike Stores to be the exclusive sellers of these.. $@&$ all the shadiness that goes on with shops like blends, attic, millennium etc, that receive 10-15 pairs, keep most pairs for themselves and sell 4 pairs to the public.
30t6p3b.gif

blends is shady?

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Expect info to leak either Monday or Tuesday after rep meetings...

There is ALOT of high level talk going on about these....the main issue again is Nike can't control inventory once it's shipped to customers...to dudes point earlier it's impossible to have a release that no one knows about because how many shop owners...store employees...high level Nike employees LIVE on NT???? Dudes that are thirsty for e-props wont be able to keep there mouths shut...

There are talks about treating the release in the same fashion as the Mags (which came outta no where) the problem is Nike can't do this without pissing off Footlocker Corp as well as 100's of smaller independents....now when I say the same as the Mags I don't mean eBay auction I mean have Nike control the initial drop..that way they can CONTROL how the release is handled...

Again...the problem is not NIKE it's actually Footlocker...(which is Nikes BIGGEST customer) they just don't seem to be able to get there act together when it comes to these things...and that is mostly because DM's handle there regions different...region by region...with everything from what times stores open..to stock amount..to how many are available to employees...there is little to know consistency across Footlocker lines...with the exception of HoH...which generally Is WHY ALOT of product Nike tries to enforce limitation of HoH only (but even that isnt working)
Damn nice info yo, but I think the info that will " be leaked " will be nothing but bad news

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

30t6p3b.gif

I agree, these types of releases bring the worst out of pretty much everybody. Shady stores charging double retail to people that have been camping for days, knowing they won't turn down the price or forcing them to buy $++% they don't need in order to get the shoe. I can't support shops taking advantage of customers like that smh sometimes these shops are the worst resellers than anybody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom