Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ericjunior

Air Yeezy's should remain limited ... I can't be the only one who has a problem with the words "general" and "yeezy" in the same sentence. If you, and even myself ... if we don't get our hands on these, it's just not meant to be. No way should Nike make "enough for a general release."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 You got the wrong mentality champ. 

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

People who want them limited are 1 of 2 things, or maybe both.

1. Hypebeasts
2. Selfish
I'll put them more on the hypebeast side. I don't get why anyone would care. If you like a shoe, the quantity produced shouldn't affect your preference or buying decisions. One of the red flags of hypebeats are those who jump on anything with the term limited. Once dudes find out that they'de be made to be a gr, all of a sudden the shoes aren't as interesting. They're all bummed out about the release now.  
Yah, not wanting everyone to look exactly like you now is hypebeasting
30t6p3b.gif

Basically everyone who buys a luxury brand or high end clothing is now a hypebeast.

Thanks for clearing that for me
indifferent.gif
You know because being the only one in your school to have pair of yeezy's makes you so different than the rest, huh? You're all of a sudden a lot cooler now, huh? Your stylin on your classmates now, huh? Even with a pair of holy glory yeezy's, you're still going to look like everyone else, so knock it off.

And WHEEEEN did i say that "everyone who buys a luxury brand or high end clothing is now a hypebeast"??? where does that statement even fit into what i wrote?? You want the yeezy's, kool -- good for you. If they were to ever produce 20x more pairs, would you like them less? Or was it the hype that was making the shoe attractive to you?

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I hope they do make these GR..but my only concern with making them a GR is that the quality will probably not be as up to par as we would like if that were the case. My Yeezy 1's are still lookin top notch after all this time, and are still comfortable after wearing them many times, and they still hella glow..

If they can't make the quality as good as it can be and make them be a GR, then I hope they just decide to keep them as a QS, or a limited thing or whatever it is the rumor is...

Nike has people brainwashed b... whether they make 1,000 or 100,000 they still make the same amount per shoe, Nike just puts !%*%#+ quality stuff out now so they can maximize profit and then justify charging more for "supreme" or "elite" branded things, has nothing to do with production numbers.  I'm sure the Yeezys will have the same high quality materials no matter how many they produce, especially charging $245 per shoe.

Personally i want Nike to produce however many pairs it takes in order for me to not have to camp out for more then a day. I know imma rock these better then anybody around my way so I just wanna get my hands on a pair.

I have to agree with the point on nike's quality going down the drain but with such an excessive price tag believe these yeezys will have top quality materials as the first pair did.

Nike benefits from the hype regardless of however they decide to handle it, obviously a larger production run results in more profit but on top of that, by mass producing these, they'd profit even more per pair.

Now it's up to them to make sure these get the proper level of quality control.

Whether, 3,000 or 10,000 pairs are produced, I'll be on the hunt for a pair.

LOL at the people with no business sense in this thread.
Sorry but Nike knows what they are doing. I graduated from a top 10 business accounting program, if you don't think people are paying for exclusivity then you are a fool. Or let me guess you think Nike just doesn't want your money so they will limit themselves to make themselves suffer. Fact of the matter is yah they might make money in the short run, but when the yeezy 3s come out many people will not want them because "everyone had the Yeezy 2s" and they start to think the Yeezys are "played out". Their whole appeal is exclusiveness as you can tell by their "general releases". Notice how the Jordan 1s are no longer popular? Thats because they kept making so many of them. OG Colorways, artist colorways, and colorways "close to" OGs (think Celtics 1s) will be the only popular 1s from now on with few exceptions (like the Hares)
Guys just stop, you are making me laugh with ignorance in this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wreckinkickz

nike-air-yeezy-2-mark-flores_02.jpg
devil.gif
Mark Flores PS'd these for the site. Amazing

nike-air-yeezy-2-mark-flores_03.jpg
yes please...i dont know about everyone else but the gitd tour cw was my absolute favorite so i would love for them to do that on the 2's...

Sorry but Nike knows what they are doing. I graduated from a top 10 business accounting program, if you don't think people are paying for exclusivity then you are a fool. Or let me guess you think Nike just doesn't want your money so they will limit themselves to make themselves suffer. Fact of the matter is yah they might make money in the short run, but when the yeezy 3s come out many people will not want them because "everyone had the Yeezy 2s" and they start to think the Yeezys are "played out". Their whole appeal is exclusiveness as you can tell by their "general releases". Notice how the Jordan 1s are no longer popular? Thats because they kept making so many of them. OG Colorways, artist colorways, and colorways "close to" OGs (think Celtics 1s) will be the only popular 1s from now on with few exceptions (like the Hares)
laugh.gif
I speak for myself. I'm not trying to look at it from a different aspect. I for one don't care about the exclusivity factor about any product i own. If i own something that was made in limited quantities, kool. Does it make it even more attractive to me that an item i own may be limited, maybe. However, if that same item i own was made in larger quantities, i wouldn't like it any less. As long i'de be able to get a pair, and if making more pairs means that I'd be able to cop without taking a sick day from work or missing a day from school than I'm all for it. Don't understand why this concept is so foreign to many of you.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

should make a yeezy ps thread in the sneaker art sub-forum for the garbage that's going in this thread.
is it really that damaging to you? can't just scroll right past them? 
laugh.gif

Can't believe what this has turned into. I also agree they make them limited to further the brand, but these could still be "limited" enough to the point that it's not murder getting a pair.

Originally Posted by thatguy

Can't believe what this has turned into. I also agree they make them limited to further the brand, but these could still be "limited" enough to the point that it's not murder getting a pair.

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

should make a yeezy ps thread in the sneaker art sub-forum for the garbage that's going in this thread.
is it really that damaging to you? can't just scroll right past them? 
laugh.gif
not only does it assault my eyes but it's a personal affront to everything that i stand for. you guys should take these rudypoo mock-ups too the baby site to play wannabe shoe designer and leave NT to the adults. this thread is for the yeezy 2, not the what if yeezy 2. you people don't seem to understand how serious this is. for chrissakes this is the official thread man, OFFICIAL!   

since people are making colorways now, figure I would join in

"Power" colorway

"Monster" colorway

"All of the Lights" colorway

laugh.gif
I speak for myself. I'm not trying to look at it from a different aspect. I for one don't care about the exclusivity factor about any product i own. If i own something that was made in limited quantities, kool. Does it make it even more attractive to me that an item i own may be limited, maybe. However, if that same item i own was made in larger quantities, i wouldn't like it any less. As long i'de be able to get a pair, and if making more pairs means that I'd be able to cop without taking a sick day from work or missing a day from school than I'm all for it. Don't understand why this concept is so foreign to many of you.
Cool, then what are we discussing?

laugh.gif
Nothing, clearly. You responded to my post, expect me to dish it right back at you.

Nothing, clearly. You responded to my post, expect me to dish it right back at you.

Dish what back at me? Your lack of business sense for actually thinking they would continue to make money in the long run for mass producing a product everyone would get tired of at that quantity?
Second it's not just you. I hear this all over NT and all over this thread

But if you guys all think you know more than Nike's sales department, who are beyond experts in their field. By all means, run your own multibillion dollar fortune 500 company.
laugh.gif

IDC if you refuse to look at it from a different aspect, its a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom