Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cement 4s were gr but your comparing the yeezy 2 being gr to a Jordan shoe easily the most succesful shoe line probably in the history of tennis shoes? I'm saying the regular person who isn't on nt and goes to the mall and grabs a pair of shoes of even knows when new Jordan's are dropping doesn't know about the yeezys. It's plenty of people who still don't know the first yeezy dropped. I agree with sdubl though. Limited anywhere in the release of these they'll fly off the shelf.

yeah, jordan retro's have a much wider appeal. it's not in nike's best interest to GR this shoe... they know the limited tag is best, and i'm sure that's also what kanye wants...

never claimed to have info, just makes sense.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

If these gr they sit. If it doesn't get that exclusive tag dudes not going crazy over these. I know a lot of dudes think this is a nice shoe but I just can't get with these at all. So much hype around these though. Nike knows not to gr are these. Casual shoe buyers are not buying these and in gr numbers not enough shoe heads to drop loot on these for them to sell out quick if they gr. limited. People will sell their souls.

gr #s with "limited" tag... Nike makes $ and hypebeasts eat them up.

Nike wins.
so much truth in this statement.
Lets say the truth, if these were GR they would still sell out. Everybody is a sneakerhead nowadays, in my age group nobody has a problem dropping mommy and daddys money on a pair. Only difference is they wouldn't be reselling for 2G's but for 5 bills or so.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by 731balla

Maybe the Yeezy 2 will be a little less hard to obtain if you live around/close to a Nike store....

Nike Store Launches – Twitter RSVP
Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. Follow your local Nike Store on Twitter for launch announcements and frequent updates.
The Twitter RSVP Process:
On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
Once registration is open, you must Direct Message(“DM

confirmed Nike burnt all pairs will never release via ducktales.com

this is the most "OFFICIAL" news in the Nike Air Yeezy thread yet!

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Lets say the truth, if these were GR they would still sell out. Everybody is a sneakerhead nowadays, in my age group nobody has a problem dropping mommy and daddys money on a pair. Only difference is they wouldn't be reselling for 2G's but for 5 bills or so.

So True.

Originally Posted by Mazz305

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

So True.

of course they would sell out but if they did not have Kanye's name behind it they would sit just like the Nike PR1(that look just like them a little)

Originally Posted by kevi

body has been and still is ready
I'm saying though. I've been waiting for these to drop and no real info has been dropped. 
Pics are appreciated though

cut the chit chat, these will be quickstrike and Nike doesn't give a flying @*@@ about "blood on their hands" don't you realize the old saying, Bad PR is Good PR. Plus Nike is a public company, its all about the hype and loot. They will forever raise prices on shoes, even the GRs and also will never make any shoe GR just because Nike gets blamed for deaths and gunshots.

remember WSHH had the guys fighting each other for foams, or people getting shot in MD? I don't think you realize that Nike's Brand Managers literally said "AWESOMEEE, Nike is on the news again!" and thats the extent to how they feel.

So enough of the wonki, Yeezy's will be quickstrike, maybe not even available online like the Galaxy Foams were (at least on NDC). And Nike will once again be on the news when people kill for these. You guys, especially the younger generation, need to understand these simple truths that will never change, even out of morals. Because Nike is a public company and the only thing they care about is quarterly earnings reported.

So when you buy sneakers, just buy them because you like them, don't complain. If you can afford it, then props. If you can't yet, hopefully you'll get a job that gives you a high salary so you can buy them. But be happy with your purchases! 

with that said, props to KD for only agreeing to cheap retail costs on his shoes. 

Originally Posted by deejank

cut the chit chat, these will be quickstrike and Nike doesn't give a flying @*@@ about "blood on their hands" don't you realize the old saying, Bad PR is Good PR. Plus Nike is a public company, its all about the hype and loot. They will forever raise prices on shoes, even the GRs and also will never make any shoe GR just because Nike gets blamed for deaths and gunshots.
actually Bad PR is only good PR to a certain extent and from a few recent revelations, i.e. the switch to twitter reservations for all of their stores and the email that they sent out to retailers that we all saw thanks to Nice Kicks, Nike is trying to reign in the violence surrounding its releases where it can.  There's no reason (at least that I can see) for Nike to NOT GR these.  They proved with all of the recent Jordan retros, that even with ridiculous numbers produced anything with a bit of hype behind it will sell out immediately.  Yeezy's probably have a pretty similar base, especially with Kanye releasing the G.O.O.D. music album around the same time and constantly being in the news thanks to the Kardashians. 

The idea of a "limited" release these days is just that, an idea.  Nike rarely releases their production numbers so if they say something is limited, who's going to be able to say that they're lying?

Not like this post is going to matter since Nike's going to do whatever it is they and Kanye want to.

remember WSHH had the guys fighting each other for foams, or people getting shot in MD? I don't think you realize that Nike's Brand Managers literally said "AWESOMEEE, Nike is on the news again!" and thats the extent to how they feel.

So enough of the wonki, Yeezy's will be quickstrike, maybe not even available online like the Galaxy Foams were (at least on NDC). And Nike will once again be on the news when people kill for these. You guys, especially the younger generation, need to understand these simple truths that will never change, even out of morals. Because Nike is a public company and the only thing they care about is quarterly earnings reported.

So when you buy sneakers, just buy them because you like them, don't complain. If you can afford it, then props. If you can't yet, hopefully you'll get a job that gives you a high salary so you can buy them. But be happy with your purchases! 

with that said, props to KD for only agreeing to cheap retail costs on his shoes. 

Well put!

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by 731balla

Maybe the Yeezy 2 will be a little less hard to obtain if you live around/close to a Nike store....

Nike Store Launches – Twitter RSVP
Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. Follow your local Nike Store on Twitter for launch announcements and frequent updates.
The Twitter RSVP Process:
On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
Once registration is open, you must Direct Message(“DM

nah, they do care. my boy's the GM at my local HOH and confirmed for me that nike is taking it seriously (and so is his store, he said he's never gonna allow a camp out for a limited shoe ever again, it will be all raffles from here on. he had to send his entire galaxy foam stock back it got so crazy, as did a lot of stores), and it's obvious he's right, look at their recent email sent to all retailers about no more midnight releasing, and their change to twitter rsvp's for niketowns...

they wouldn't have done anything if they didn't care at all... chances are they are producing more yeezys and coming up with some weird distribution of them to help dampen the almost inevitable chaos...

Originally Posted by nikeking9389

of course they would sell out but if they did not have Kanye's name behind it they would sit

Probably. They definitely wouldn't be able to charge 200+ for them though. At that price w/o Kanye's name behind them they would definitely sit. Truth is most kicks that sell out today & over the past couple of years do so b/c of the amount of people that are now resellers. True fans are now the minority.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

nah, they do care. my boy's the GM at my local HOH and confirmed for me that nike is taking it seriously (and so is his store, he said he's never gonna allow a camp out for a limited shoe ever again, it will be all raffles from here on. he had to send his entire galaxy foam stock back it got so crazy, as did a lot of stores), and it's obvious he's right, look at their recent email sent to all retailers about no more midnight releasing, and their change to twitter rsvp's for niketowns...

they wouldn't have done anything if they didn't care at all... chances are they are producing more yeezys and coming up with some weird distribution of them to help dampen the almost inevitable chaos...
I agree to an extent. Nike does care. They said no more midnight releases and set that rsvp system. BUT they don't care enough. This rsvp system is only for NTs. & for no midnight releases... so what? I'm sure heads wouldn't mind waiting an extra 8 hrs to get their hands on some shoes. I've never dealt with Niketown or any other retail store that would have midnight releases so everything Nike has done hasn't effected me in the slightest. 
This says nothing about the end of limited shoes. If anything, it's preparing people that Nike will conduct business as usual. There's just going to be a different way to get them. If Nike was planning to make Yeezys a GR, Nike wouldn't have made the twitter rsvp system.

The way I see Nike releasing the Yeezys: Niketowns will post on twitter, rsvps fill up in seconds. Everyone who couldn't get a confirmation will camp out at other stores immediately regardless of time til RD. 

Highest quality Nike sneaker I've ever seen
pimp.gif

KWNVAHDVVAAGJLAW

The stamp means this of what I think so far.

Kanye West Nike Virgil Abloh HDVVAAGJLAW and thats all I know so far...

youngj00 is going to completely ignore the fact Q posted those exact same pictures a couple pages back. 

Alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom