Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

that unannounced quickstrike rumor is gaining stream even among some employees at retailers, so we have to keep our eyes and ears open. don't know how this thread is going to pan out with the lurkers and the low post counts with comments like " I NEED THESE SHOES", may do more harm then good but we'll see.

This. 
tired.gif

As of 2:50 EST no exact US release date for this shoe has been set. June 9th is looking like a high possibility but don't be surprised if they decide to move these with the Obsidians. One thing that seems for sure is that they will coincide with a high volume shoe.

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

that unannounced quickstrike rumor is gaining stream even among some employees at retailers, so we have to keep our eyes and ears open. don't know how this thread is going to pan out with the lurkers and the low post counts with comments like " I NEED THESE SHOES", may do more harm then good but we'll see.

This. 
tired.gif

True.  We are doing it to ourselves at this point.  These threads are the only things that have a somewhat daily stream of info/pictures/speculation/conversation about the Yeezy 2s.  A few sneaker websites have even put up picture leaks that were on here first.  People are THIRSTY for info on these shoes, and its safe to say there are a TON of lurkers on this website who probably spread info into their own circles as if they have insider knowledge when really they get it from here.  Multiply that by a "sneakerhead" population in any major city and there will be no way anything said here won't reach the masses.  Honestly Nike should have been dropped the shoes people are getting too anxious

Originally Posted by kingofny04

As of 2:50 EST no exact US release date for this shoe has been set. June 9th is looking like a high possibility but don't be surprised if they decide to move these with the Obsidians. One thing that seems for sure is that they will coincide with a high volume shoe.

That makes sense. Didn't the first ones drop with other jordan's as well?I know for a fact the blink yeezy dropped the same day as the raging bull pack...

Originally Posted by telemitry

I've been reading this thread and the others for awhile now. I don't understand why people go to an "Official release Yeezy 2 Release News" thread just to post that they are not feeling this shoe. No reason to click on the thread.

Also, thanks to those of you that post actual updates, news, or even gossip. Some of us sneaker heads have been watching info on this shoe on a regular basis for up to and sometimes over two years. I don't go to the Foamposite threads because I do not like the shoe. Let's keep the forum useful and productive and not waste page after page with crap.

THIS.

it's like they think we care at all if they don't like the shoe.

shut up.
indifferent.gif

this isn't the air yeezy opinion thread.

exactly, i don't go into threads about a shoe i don't like and post and try to tell everyone who obviously likes it that i think it sucks (i don't like foams either, so why would i even visit the thread? much less post there to share my opinion).

post in threads about shoes you do like. you saying you don't like it isn't accomplishing anything. nobody cares, and nobody who likes it is gonna change their opinion cuz you don't.

Originally Posted by lowwwski

9/10 this will be an unannounced quickstrike... guarantee it.

That random restock of galaxy foams at Mercer 21 was more than likely a trial run...Nike can't afford to have another media frenzy such as the Galaxies or Concords

Won't be surprised if they sparingly release these over the course of a week with random Niketowns releasing them on certain days.

If this is the case, then I absolutely have no chance whatsoever. The only people who this benefits is the people who are buddies with the employees. The people who have hookups. I've never been fortunate to have a hookup so the Yeezys will elude me.

if this qs rumor picks up, will we see guys camping in stores once june rolls around? lol. then nike/stores might have to provide release info to get people to clear out.

I supposedly got 2 pairs locked up for retail if I want (one in each colorway)...

a0e16f1c946b35ffcf2f7b830d0d1bc3d3507c86_r.gif

we shall see though. I hope so at least.
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

Starting next week, I'm going to visit NTNYC every day at least one time. (I live 59 n 7th so only a 5 min walk away) If I hear anything I'll instantly put it up. I hope other NT'ers will do the same and won't try and horde these.

watch out for the lurkers 
laugh.gif

you might think you're talkin to like 5-10 NTers here but there are hundreds out there 

RD gotta be next month, that's what i'm thinkin, crazy we haven't had solid info yet
I agree. A few pages ago, I suggested we start an email chain in each major city to help keep the lurkers at bay. I was willing to start a NYC one but I haven't gotten a single response to this. 
eyes.gif
 I imagine posting general release info here will still work, but when specific shops in each city are releasing/getting I imagine it would be beneficial for all of us fam. Oh well, if anyone in NYC wants to work together, message me. 

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Starting next week, I'm going to visit NTNYC every day at least one time. (I live 59 n 7th so only a 5 min walk away) If I hear anything I'll instantly put it up. I hope other NT'ers will do the same and won't try and horde these.

watch out for the lurkers 
laugh.gif

you might think you're talkin to like 5-10 NTers here but there are hundreds out there 

RD gotta be next month, that's what i'm thinkin, crazy we haven't had solid info yet
I agree. A few pages ago, I suggested we start an email chain in each major city to help keep the lurkers at bay. I was willing to start a NYC one but I haven't gotten a single response to this. 
eyes.gif
 I imagine posting general release info here will still work, but when specific shops in each city are releasing/getting I imagine it would be beneficial for all of us fam. Oh well, if anyone in NYC wants to work together, message me. 
I'm honestly feelin this idea!

I'm not in NY, but I would be if I had to, its not too far from DC haha

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Ayipapi wrote:

Seeing as its almost June and still no exact date just a month, im thinking unannounced quickstrike

Never gonna happen...there are two many thirsty 16 year old that are DYING for e-props for the info to not leak...
B..there are two many dudes that got rent to pay and rims to buy to not capitalize if these....what you think that Foam drop at Mercer was Random??? You think 100 people just got lucky???? Nah son...they don't call it the sneakerBUSINESS for nothin...

Besides...with a nation wide release it's impossible to keep the info from leaking...as soon as they show up on a stores manifest...it's over...

The only way I can see this happening is if it's not listed on the stock list...it just comes in unnamed with specific instruction to put on the floor and sell immediately....but even with that word will spread like wildflower once they touch the floor..

Plus..that only works in large retail chains....mom and pops and boutiques...no way to control that....just like I said dudes are trying to keep the lights on in this recession...
THIS COULD HAPPEN AS I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN AND WAS A PART OF IT.

LAST YEAR WHEN THE JORDAN RETRO 7 YEAR OF THE DRAGON CAME OUT. THE FINISHLINE BY MY HOUSE WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET THEM IN THE STATE. THEIR SHIPMENT CAME RANDOMLY AND AS SOON AS THEY GOT THEM, THEY PUT THEM ON THE SHELF. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNEW THEY GOT THEM OR EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO BUY THEM WAS THE PEOPLE THE FINISHLINE EMPLOYEES CALLED AND INFORMED THAT THEY HAD THEM AND THERE WAS ONE DUDE WHO WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO JUST BE THERE SHOPPING AT THE TIME. LUCKILY, MY WORK WAS NEAR THE STORE AND WHEN THE EMPLOYEE CALLED MY PHONE, I TOOK A 15 AND RUSHED OVER. LEFT WITH 4 PAIRS. THEY HAD 2 SIZE RUNS AND 6 PEOPLE BOUGHT THEM ALL. 

EXPECT THE SAME, IF THE YEEZY'S DROP IN THIS MANNER AS WELL. JUST LIKE WITH MERCER AND THE FOAMS. IF YOU AREN'T ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE CALLED YOUR CHANCES OF COPPING ARE ALMOST 0% UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO BE IN THE STORE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

[/quote]

I'm with you Memph...but your talking ONE store in ONE entire state...that's not even a Quickstrike that's some Supreme type drop...

In the NYC area...forget about thirsty dudes trying to hustle...we have 5 HOH all with in a 40 mile radius (willowbrook, 34th, 125, Roosevelt and Staten Island)....impossible the info doesn't leak....that's not counting Moe's..Rime'...Pete's spot downtown...Mike'K's....Takeover...Jimmy Jazz...Dr Jays..and a BUNCH of other spots that all got the first drops and will most likely get these....all it takes is ONE store to sell ONE pair early and it's a wrap...

Please I'm sure if TY is lurking he'll tell you dudes call like once a week for Yeezy info....no way this slips under the radar...

Only way this happen is if Nike controls the initial room...does a random drop at NIKE branded stores with a larger release later like they used to do with HoH releasees or international releases...then MAYBE...

Come on..dudes like Will and Sam were selling store information last time...not even getting a pair...just websites or stores that had them...that's how thirsty dudes was for the first ones...

But trust...NikeTalk server will implode once the first 17 year kid opens the first box and see them...it's Pics then straight to the pickup thread they go....right Proto???

As of 2:50 EST no exact US release date for this shoe has been set. June 9th is looking like a high possibility but don't be surprised if they decide to move these with the Obsidians. One thing that seems for sure is that they will coincide with a high volume shoe
Next week is June... if their isn't a release date by now there isn't gonna be one b.  Maybe their trying to keep from making the date 'official' to keep lines from forming, but Nike definitely knows when they wanna drop these.

Originally Posted by Sphinx25

Originally Posted by lowwwski

9/10 this will be an unannounced quickstrike... guarantee it.

I've been thinking the exact same thing for months now. It would cut down on a lot of camping, violence, and commotion for the stores.

And that's fine with me.

End of May and no actual stamped RD? Yup, best believe the chances of a quiet pop up drop are highly likely.

Originally Posted by BlakeKennedyno2

That makes sense. Didn't the first ones drop with other jordan's as well?I know for a fact the blink yeezy dropped the same day as the raging bull pack...
The BG allstars supposedly got a release date of the 9th...

June 2nd could be mayhem. They could drop these, the MVs, the Jordan AJKOs, people wouldn't know what to buy, resellers would panic...

^Thtat's about what I'm thinking. Even if they dropped a week apart, $250 3x over is still a bit of a stretch, and that's assuming someone is able to get all for retail. I've got $1K sat aside for obtaining all 3 and already have my MV's locked down, and expect to pay at least $100 over retail for Yeezy's and that's if I'm lucky to even get them. Nike knows what they're doing with all these high prices and close drops

This sucks. Only way I get these shoes is 1) if they release online and 2) if I happen to just luckball my way into it. I cannot afford to take work off and sit by the computer all day hoping for a miracle. The amount of time it would take to camp out by the computer and/or at a store, I could've just earned that at my job and more to pay resell prices but the day I drop down 1-2k or whatever these things end up going for is the day I win the lottery so i.e. NEVER. Good luck to all who do get them. Hope that more true sneakerheads (whatever that even means anymore) get these than the reseller scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom