Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Secret forums with exclusive membership huh.... Damn.. Lol I feel the sentiment of those who say they aren't even interested in the kicks anymore.. Damn, shoes, "f" it, materials in general should never make folks act like this...

Lol I was thinking the same exact thing...got people forming secret societies. Its not that serious

Nike's kept quiet for so long that as soon as info drops its gonna be MADNESS, not looking forward to it. Really might pass to avoid the headache.

Originally Posted by reidwms

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Secret forums with exclusive membership huh.... Damn.. Lol I feel the sentiment of those who say they aren't even interested in the kicks anymore.. Damn, shoes, "f" it, materials in general should never make folks act like this...

Lol I was thinking the same exact thing...got people forming secret societies. Its not that serious

#NT for the most part is a SS though...we have our own words, greeting, and "help" system....

wink.gif

this is the type of shoe that is meant for twitter, I HATE the twitter system because you cant prove your loyalty by camping for the shoe and guaranteeing our spot. Then again I would have to go to Millenium in Inglewood California which is not a safe area for a white kid to be.. wouldnt surprise me if it was a twitter RSVP and the rest are raffles. I know the biggest HoH on the west coadt (Beverly HOH) is a raffle because it would get way too crazy. I mean i've gotten all my pairs on the twitter but I know ill be super heated when I miss out on something I really wanted and its only twitter or online NDC
frown.gif
. good luck to everybody on these lol

All the years I have been on Niketalk, I never knew what the acronym "NDC" was? Is it Nike store? Can someone please help this newb out.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mazz305

^LOL. The CG release wasn't even all that crazy but it was another log on the fire.

Well it was big around my way. Everybody tried to cop EVERY single shoe that came after.

Originally Posted by lowwwski

Originally Posted by username00

Hah I know, I passed up on $450 zens which seemed crazy at the time considering resell prices at the time for sick jays like aqua 8's were chump change compared to what they are now. The yeezy 1 really did something crazy to the game and started this mess we have today.
Funny you say the Yeezy 1s are the cause. I'm gonna have to say the SB Lebron 8s really set it off & the Concords elevated it to the all time high where we currently are, lol.

I'd have to say the Cool Greys started this whole "sneakerhead" madness...but back to the Yeezy's lol

I'm guessing no one has heard anything else besides the east west coast pair distribution thing?
Ya'll trippin'.. Laser 4's and that first era of reselling is what led to today. Concords and SB lebrons hype ain't nothing new. Its just more widespread now. And the Y1's definitely inspired that. 
Fools lined up for days, raffles, etc. That was 3 years before these new hyped releases that nobody can seem to think back past. 

Dudes been hiking prices long before 2010

^LOL. The CG release wasn't even all that crazy but it was another log on the fire.
Space Jams & Lil Wayne^^^

Seriously I saw people who didn't know crap about retro anything wearing Space Jams. Seriously I would wear my Aqua 8s or whatever and ppl would ask are those the new Js this month. Now those same people are sneaker scientists. Lil Wayne mentioned them and they were all the rage..

As far as the Yeezys there are two major differences. One is the sneakergame has change tremendously and Kanye popularity has skyrocketed. Making these very hyped but I think alot of people are blowing this out of proportion. Shoes selling for over 1k or more before a release isn't rare. These are the people who want to have the "I got them first" thing going and of course have the means to do it. Do let it discourage you.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I swear the Space Jams was when the hype really popped off.
Exactly. Dudes that didn't know anything about shoes were trying to cop along with their mom, their sisters, brothers, grand parents etc. Now you got the same people camping up the following year for the cool grey space jams and the white space jams
laugh.gif
along with every other jordan retro since the cool greys.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I swear the Space Jams was when the hype really popped off.
Exactly. Dudes that didn't know anything about shoes were trying to cop along with their mom, their sisters, brothers, grand parents etc. Now you got the same people camping up the following year for the cool grey space jams and the white space jams
laugh.gif
along with every other jordan retro since the cool greys.
All of this.

and you can thank Lil Wayne and Twitter for taking the Space Jam hype to a whole new level.

Imo, Concord release really messed up the sneaker game. Last winter, I had a chance to cop DS cool greys and pine green foams for $200 a piece on NT. Now I'm looking at least $260 for cool greys and $300 for the foams. Every Jordan release is marked up at least $40 above retail when it was crime just half a year ago to charge anything more than 20 above retail!

Oh, and folks on this site used to help each other find pairs for retail. Definitely don't see that anymore.

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

Oh, and folks on this site used to help each other find pairs for retail. Definitely don't see that anymore.

There's a few of us still looking out for eachother like that...

But it's not as prevalent as before...I feel as if the resellers' migration to NT has brought animosity amongst us. 

Nobody was on the CGs like that, the Concords made EVERYONE & their momma a reseller.

The LBJ SB made prices sky rocket.

The sneaker that popped off all this "limited" hype was the Altitude XIII's tho...

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Nobody was on the CGs like that, the Concords made EVERYONE & their momma a reseller.

The LBJ SB made prices sky rocket.
Exactly. That's what I was saying. They weren't the 1st hyped releases, but they made every other release after hyped, lol.

Originally Posted by username00

Not that Ive got the biggest post count Ive been a member for 4 years. But soon as he said they were on NDC seeing kids with counts in the single digits popping. NT isnt even safe,

I think date joined is more important, but that might not even matter because ppl get banned and make new accounts.
I wonder how nike is going to divulge this information to the masses.  I'm thinking of passing, but i'm I work from home so i might as well try lol

As for when this all started I'd say the SJ XIs sparked it.  The CGs pushed it further and the Concords took it over the limit.  And the Galaxies. . .

To those following &/or participating in this thread, have you ever copped from a boutique auction?

If so what shoe & what was the average price that shoe was going?

I ask because I'm sure if it isn't HoH then all the other spots here (Chicago) will be going that route.

A store in new York got an arrival of 30 pairs in. As of yesterday, info from a friend who works there. Btw, all you people using niketalk to talk back and forth with no info on the yeezy 2 suck big time. This thread is for updated info of the yeezy 2, read the thread title. Not for everyone to express the opinions and non sneaker knowledge. Y'all suck.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

To those following &/or participating in this thread, have you ever copped from a boutique auction?

If so what shoe & what was the average price that shoe was going?

I ask because I'm sure if it isn't HoH then all the other spots here (Chicago) will be going that route.

All I know is Galaxy Foams were going for 2 racks at Succezz during their auction. And Fight Ones for $370 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom