Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by DaKidLO3

One question, are these retailing for 350 really? If so I'm out.

if your lucky enough to even pay that

This.

And what I gathered from that Nike press release was they're confirmed for 6/9 for everyone but the US. Could be wrong tho. My guess is, if they are coming on the 9th, they'll confirm it early next week, after the lebron MV's. Crazy tho, that some of the biggest releases of the year are all in a one week span (Y2's, MV's, AJKO quickstrikes, military blue 4's, etc.)...Nike is going hammer time on people's wallets right now. LOL!

One question, are these retailing for 350 really? If so I'm out.

Im in the DC area. I'm not sure we're even getting any.

Best bet would probably be Cmonwealth and HOH in PG. And we all know how releases at PG Plaza go..
30t6p3b.gif

Key word was "global" in that Nike press release, right? I mean, aren't releases outside of the US sometimes referred to as "global" (you would think "global" includes the US, but just saying)...

Either way, my connect texted me this morning saying its back on for the 9th, after telling me the other day it was pushed back again. My guess is there's some allocation issues (prolly with FTL, like ayi was saying), or they're trying to avoid problems with MV's dropping this weekend, or they're trying to prevent 2 week camp outs, by not confirming it yet.

Nike press release said June 9th globally, meaning the globe. Ty is a negative nancy b
-

yeah Proto J, if it was meant to not include the US it woulda probably said 'international' as opposed to global

Well, Ty has also been the most informative person on here when it comes to the Y2's. He was the first to announce on NT they were being made ( like 2 years ago), think he was the first to mention the ribbed back and "gator", and was the first to confirm they used solar red and not pink.

Of course he could be wrong tho.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Key word was "global" in that Nike press release, right? I mean, aren't releases outside of the US sometimes referred to as "global" (you would think "global" includes the US, but just saying)...

Either way, my connect texted me this morning saying its back on for the 9th, after telling me the other day it was pushed back again. My guess is there's some allocation issues (prolly with FTL, like ayi was saying), or they're trying to avoid problems with MV's dropping this weekend, or they're trying to prevent 2 week camp outs, by not confirming it yet.

C'mon, g. You're better than this.
global - Of or relating to the whole world; worldwide:

My mans said he was reading with his own damn eyes a email sent from a Nike Rep saying the same !$%* that was posted on the last page..."they still haven't set a US date"...

What's REALLY GOOD?

Originally Posted by lowwwski

Im in the DC area. I'm not sure we're even getting any.

Best bet would probably be Cmonwealth and HOH in PG. And we all know how releases at PG Plaza go..
30t6p3b.gif

Since Social Study went out of business, there should be more pairs allocated to the area in other spots. (They got every colorway of the Yeezy 1's)
Major and some DTLR's. Keep an eye out to see if the homie Ican will get these in some local Shoe City's as well.

I would stay FAR away from HOH. But I will say this, those guys in that store might want to watch their backs, if they try to pull the same mess they did with the BIN series. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

If I can get a pair for retail or double retail I swear I'm semi-retiring for the rest of 2012

If I could get one for at the MOST 5 hunna....I'm done for the year. 

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

The celebrity/vip distribution is like nothing i've ever seen before, definition of od.  With this kind of hype i'll be in a state of disbelief if I actually get a pair...

they only gave em to 'celebs' with instagram
laugh.gif

I'm just saying, I know what global is supposed to mean, but I'm just saying...

When the person who wrote that Nike press release wrote it, the 9th coulda been set at the time, but for whatever reason something different is happening for the US now.

I personally think they're gonna drop the 9th. Just some details being ironed out still, or they're trying to deter 2 week camp outs (won't work tho, cats done proved they'll camp out for 6 weeks off a rumor).

Originally Posted by vcof2005

I'm down here in Atlanta and I'm sure I will be screwed. The only place I could think would get them is Walter's and between the campers and clientele i'm sure that's a no go. Any help in the ATL area is definitely appreciated.

dudes were lined up a week before at Walters, and the first guy in line called them the Jordan Galaxys 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
, in ATL is will be pretty much impossible btw Wish will get them, they got the first ones.. get them vacation days ready...
Realistically, I have no hope, i'm in SOCAL where hypebeast is every other person

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by vcof2005

I'm down here in Atlanta and I'm sure I will be screwed. The only place I could think would get them is Walter's and between the campers and clientele i'm sure that's a no go. Any help in the ATL area is definitely appreciated.

dudes were lined up a week before at Walters, and the first guy in line called them the Jordan Galaxys 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
, in ATL is will be pretty much impossible btw Wish will get them, they got the first ones.. get them vacation days ready...
Realistically, I have no hope, i'm in SOCAL where hypebeast is every other person
That's pretty much what I was referring to with the discussion I had with a friend in Atlanta. He pretty much said the same thing, that it's pretty much one spot from the looks of it. Sucks if true considering 'Ye pretty much has two artists from that city.

I will admit I wouldn't mind getting either one. That being said, I know I don't have a chance in he double hockey sticks of getting these so I will comb the Buy/Sell and pick up what people are selling off to raise the money for these, and of course watch as the madness takes hold.

Sorry for responding so late.

I got a lot of PM's about sizing.

The Yeezy 2's IMO fit TTS whereas on the other hand for Y1 owners it sized down almost 1.5

Hope that helps...

PO

The celebrity/vip distribution is like nothing i've ever seen before, definition of od.  With this kind of hype i'll be in a state of disbelief if I actually get a pair...

I'm looking at this differently, I think they've made enough pairs to go around. Why else would you give it to these C/D list celebs? The Yeezy 1 wasn't on this many peoples feet before the release. I think the Yeezy 2 will be MORE avalible.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by youngj00

I'm looking at this differently, I think they've made enough pairs to go around. Why else would you give it to these C/D list celebs? The Yeezy 1 wasn't on this many peoples feet before the release. I think the Yeezy 2 will be MORE avalible.
pimp.gif
Same thing I was thinking, why give out that many sneakers, for ultimate airtime... and then create such limited numbers that it would have most def sold out in minutes anyway... Every celeb I see with them on is one last pair anyone would have a chance to grab in retail.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by youngj00

pimp.gif

We can only hope thats what it means bro, im hoping that too.  But with the couple of distribution numbers i've heard to stores in the US, these sound just as limited as the first pair. Even more so considering the numbers are split between two colorways
ohwell.gif

amazing...these will be official on 6/9/12. just wondering why nike is keeping mum? nsw posted some tweets.... driving me off the wall!!!!!

NSW-TheChance-Twitter-Avatar_normal.jpg

Nike Sportswear

3000 pairs each colorway globally is what i said in February and thats the number im staying with now.  Was told that by the french dude who works in sportswear that worked with Kanye on these.  Dont know if theres a more reliable source than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom