Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Yepr

Originally Posted by ryanang7

Haven't logged into this account in years but heads up to Chicago.
There are people already lined up at HOH from what I saw this evening and at RSVP from what I read.
If that NT Chi campout was still going to happen it should happen soon, peeps be out here thirsty.

And someone already got stabbed out there at HOH state street.  I'm sure you'll hear about it if you haven't already.  Be safe everyone.
My boy text me about it but I wasn't sure if he was just messing with me since he was out for drinks.
I have finals tomorrow so I might stop by after and see what HOH is planning on doing now.

Wow.....

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Originally Posted by ryanang7

And someone already got stabbed out there at HOH state street.  I'm sure you'll hear about it if you haven't already.  Be safe everyone.
My boy text me about it but I wasn't sure if he was just messing with me since he was out for drinks.
I have finals tomorrow so I might stop by after and see what HOH is planning on doing now.

Wow.....
Told you earlier that this is going to happen and to happen before release, don't be stunned if more of these happen as we get close. They are only shoes and you don't need to die for these. Some just are desperate, don't go to jail for shoes everyone. If you can't get them move on. Your life is more important than shoes.

Originally Posted by badboy074

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Wow.....
Told you earlier that this is going to happen and to happen before release, don't be stunned if more of these happen as we get close. They are only shoes and you don't need to die for these. Some just are desperate, don't go to jail for shoes everyone. If you can't get them move on. Your life is more important than shoes.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

A shop called Compound in Portland is actually charging $3 to purchase the raffle tickets and donating the money to charity. That's a good look.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

A shop in Portland is actually charging $3 just to purchase the raffle tickets.
3 dollars and a dream is all it takes lol.

that's way better than what a lot of other stores will be doing. plus if the raffle was free people would bring out their whole hood and walk away with multiple pairs.

Yepr wrote:
Ohio Heads....

http://myemail.constantco...55439130&aid=rm0_P5CB-ls

at least they're being honest about it and not just charging 1500 to whoever walks through the door.

praying house of hoops or nike store is chosen

Man i just want a pair of either color to rock myself, liked these shoes since day 1, sucks that these are going for an arm and a leg and now i'll probably miss out on the yeezys again. REALLY hope nike wises up and has a couple restocks to meet the demand and put the resellers who bought for $1500 thinking profit in their places, then they'll be the ones getting raped for once! I really just can't afford/ justify spending a thousand MotherF***ing dollars on a pair of NIKE shoes, unless it was going to charity like the air mags.

Not sure if this has been posted but according to a sneaker shop these are the boxes for the yeezy 2s

I passed on the first pair because I did not like it (although it has grown on me since, and now Im a little mad haha). I realy do like this pair, and its a toss up on C/Ws. Both are dope. I am deployed on USS ENTERPRISE right now so fat chance I will get a pair. I'm holding out hope one of the homies will be able to hold me down, or that I can find a "decent" reseller. I surely cant afford 1600! Crazy! If anyone knows any online contests or giveaways please hmu. That is about my only shot right now!!

Originally Posted by Shoeman2004

Man i just want a pair of either color to rock myself, liked these shoes since day 1, sucks that these are going for an arm and a leg and now i'll probably miss out on the yeezys again. REALLY hope nike wises up and has a couple restocks to meet the demand and put the resellers who bought for $1500 thinking profit in their places, then they'll be the ones getting raped for once! I really just can't afford/ justify spending a thousand MotherF***ing dollars on a pair of NIKE shoes, unless it was going to charity like the air mags.

I feel the exact same way

Originally Posted by RV019

Not sure if this has been posted but according to a sneaker shop these are the boxes for the yeezy 2s
I think Kane just got his pair packaged like that directly from Nike.
So did Hollywood Holt and he claims only 5 pairs in the world came packaged like that 
laugh.gif

So when some of ya'll get your pairs can you just send me pics from every angle possible......measurements.....3d renderings if possible. Im just gonna build my own pair damnit!

Seeing as noone knows the exact production numbers, the fact that you all are saying anything is a good deal before the release is pretty far out. People are paying outrageous amounts purely on speculation, most of that speculation of "limitness" coming from the sellers lol. And sadly boards like this which are also filled with sellers and resellers. The reason why others care what others pay is because the buyers set the price. It's a pretty simple concept. For each of y'all posting 1300 for two is a steal, or I'd go 1k easy...it's simply a reason for a seller to sell at that price. All this thirst with limited knowledge turns into a payday for the sellers.

yes, the buyers usually set the prices, but this time, the stores are kinda setting the price (and kinda cutting the resellers out, but at the same time they're hurting us buyers). never have we seen stores, on this scale, selling a nike shoe for $1,000 - $2,000...

anyone copping for that price and trying to resell has to mark it up even more to make a profit.

at this point it seems like a majority of these will be sold from stores for way over box price.

the only thing that could really change the game at this point is if nike surprises us all and they send a TON to corporate stores like FTL/HOH, NT, etc... in which case a ton will be out there that were copped at MSRP...

the reason galaxys came back down to under $1,000 is cuz most of them were sold thru corporate stores who have to sell at box price, not boutiques that can mark 'em up. gave the resellers wiggle room to come down and not actually lose money on them.

but on these, a lot of resellers are having to pay $1,500 just to get them out the door. a far cry from box price...

what would be AMAZING is if all these resellers buy these for huge mark ups and try to flip for $2K+ and then all of the sudden nike restocks a bunch of box price sellers, puts them on NDC, etc.... would really burn the resellers and make it hard for them to break even in a lot of cases...

Proto I feel you to an extent, but instead of the boutiques cutting the resellers out they are simply becoming them. The buyers still set the price as someone has to entertain the huge price markups. We wouldn't all go get the new Filas for 1500 so boutiques can't sell them at that price. We'll see how it ends up, this should be an interesting week.

Originally Posted by DCS23

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Bottom line is its your money and you guys can spend it how you want. I just want you guys to realize that Nike has already raised prices crazy high and you guys are showing them that your willing to go much higher. There is going to be a $300 LeBron next year! The most expensive Jordan ever was $200 and it sold like @$+$

im 30 and while i know what you are trying to say...the logic is still off...most expensive jordan has nooooooooothing to do with what a lebron will go for next year...how much was milk when you were 10?

people either have money to spend on these shoes or not...meaning if they can buy these for 1000+ and have their 'grown up' responsibilities in place, then no harm, no foul...heck you might have people clearing out other shoes that have just been sitting around for years upon years that will allow them to have funds for this drop

the linking of age/maturity to buying these shoes at whatever price is not the argument to be made... would you be upset if a 30 year old went out to LV and spent 800-1500 on some shoes there?  please dont get into talking about quality though, because let's not be crazy and assume everything that comes out a fashion house like lv, gucci etc. is top not materials so it's worth it
Top-notch.

well, they're basically not letting the resellers make all the profit...

but the resellers are still gonna mark them up even tho the store has already marked them up tremendously, and of course impulse buyers are gonna go ahead and start paying those prices...

where it really hurts us buyers tho is because it cost so much for the resellers to even get them out the door, it's not likely they'll come down under $1,000, or possibly even $1,500... cuz then the resellers would lose money, so they're not gonna budge. and people who really want them are gonna be forced to pay those prices...

unless nike pulls a serious rabbit out of their hat this is gonna be a very messy, and sad release (cuz a lot of genuine fans of the shoe itself aren't gonna be able to cop, cuz not everybody has it in them to spend that much on a pair of nikes)...

it's funny tho, the whole debate going on the last couple pages, about prices... dudes act like this is the first time a nike shoe has fetched this... undefeated and eminem 4's, paris dunks... how you gonna act like those prices aren't obsurd? i'm sorry but if these are anything like the first yeezys in terms of quality, they dookie all over any jordan or past nike that ever fetched prices like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom